The Receptionist....

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Ah you boys. Fragility is not the first thing that springs to mind when reading about this receptionist. :lol:

I read that as 'Frigidity' first. Still, agreed.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    On this morals thing, it depends doesn't it.

I mean we'd all like to say we wouldn't cheat or not sleep with a Mum or Married Woman. (Where do you find these Married Woman?)

And then one day some posh Wife/Mum bint who looks and speaks (LiT) like Liz Hurley knocks you off you bike. So later that day you knock one off in her...

Now if you're single fair play, you don't really owe her kids or hubby anything. And the issue isn't with you or the Husband. It's her moral compass that is in question

If you're in a relationship as well. Then it's hers and your moral compass that is in question.

After all, its not that you had sex but the circumstances and the people affect by the act of having sex that brings your morals and values into question. Ergo sex, or rather, the nature of the sex is affected by morals.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • dhope
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Now if you're single fair play, you don't really owe her kids or hubby anything. And the issue isn't with you or the Husband. It's her moral compass that is in question

Really? You're absolutely fine morally if you sleep with someone that's married?
    Don't get me wrong, I've done it and not felt too fussed, but that's because I'm a sh*t occasionally and, as a bloke, think with my dick and reconcile things after the event. It's still wrong. Possibly not quite as wrong as being the one in the relationship but you're still a tool for doing it.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • DonDaddyD
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

I don't think its just that receptionist, it seems to be all of the receptionists at that place!

Indeed. You get the impression all you need to do is walk into the front door with a clean pair of jeans on and by the time you're in the elevator you're playing 'how's your father'.

Still 1). I want to know where he works. 2). I kinda want to work there....

Anyway, what is it with Receptionists. Is there a factory that manufactuers asethically pleasing receptionists?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    There's one married woman I'd love to shag.

But she only lets me on birthdays and Christmas.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,841
    Aside from all the mucky goings on, is Hambones still doing Lejog and is his (possibly former) friend/rival coming along too? Well at least there'll be something to talk about on those long lonely miles.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,980
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    On this morals thing, it depends doesn't it.

I mean we'd all like to say we wouldn't cheat or not sleep with a Mum or Married Woman. (Where do you find these Married Woman?)

And then one day some posh Wife/Mum bint who looks and speaks (LiT) like Liz Hurley knocks you off you bike. So later that day you knock one off in her...

If you're in a relationship as well. Then it's hers and your moral compass that is in question.

After all, its not that you had sex but the circumstances and the people affect by the act of having sex that brings your morals and values into question. Ergo sex, or rather, the nature of the sex is affected by morals.
    See Headhunter's summary. It's pretty much on the money.
  • DonDaddyD
    dhope wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Really? You're absolutely fine morally if you sleep with someone that's married?
    Don't get me wrong, I've done it and not felt too fussed, but that's because I'm a sh*t occasionally and, as a bloke, think with my dick and reconcile things after the event. It's still wrong. Possibly not quite as wrong as being the one in the relationship but you're still a tool for doing it.

What if the Husband wants me to. Or doesn't mind his wife playing away because they have that kind of marriage? What if she's a WG and he's cool with that?

Is it still wrong then.

Generally speaking, when single and chatting up a married woman upon finding out I back off. If the woman is still chasing then I dunno... If it were my girlfriend I'm kickign all kinds of ass.
    Food Chain number = 4

• lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    On the morality side, my position is that the wife/gf/etc are their problem, not mine. Takes two to tango.
  • dhope
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

What if the Husband wants me to. Or doesn't mind his wife playing away because they have that kind of marriage? What if she's a WG and he's cool with that?

Is it still wrong then.

Obviously not, would have thought it was obvious I was implying some sort of deceit :roll:
    If everyone's happy with the cheating then it's not really cheating.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Generally speaking, when single and chatting up a married woman upon finding out I back off. If the woman is still chasing then I dunno... If it were my girlfriend I'm kickign all kinds of ass.

If a married woman is up for playing away, and you say no, she's just going to get her fun somewhere else.

I guess you can either crack on, say what the hell, safe in the knowledge that she was going to do it anyway.

Or, take the moral high ground and avoid getting involved (read "miss out on a sh*g").

As previously mentioned, nork size or your level of inebriation may well influence this decision!
  • DonDaddyD wrote:

After all, its not that you had sex but the circumstances and the people affect by the act of having sex that brings your morals and values into question.

Isn't this a glaring contradiction? You having sex with her (assuming that she's not in an open marriage) increases the risk of her family breaking up and harm and distress to her kids and husband. The fact that they're not your kids and husband doesn't excuse you from being responsible for the consequences of your actions on them.

She may have problems with her marriage which she should sort out but that's no excuse either. Just because she'd made a shitty decision with regard to the feelings and future of her family it doesn't mean that you can back her up (ahem!) on it and not have done something horribly immoral.
  • wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    Hi,
    Seems to me the whole morality thing wraps around this bit:
    ...she was having an affair with him on account of abusive behaviour by her husband...

Now, if she's a generally well-adjusted and confident individual who's reaction to bad behavior by her husband is to get back at him by having some fun on her terms, then fair play to her and to those who get to play, too. Might be a bad idea but not immoral.

If, OTOH, she's a victim of abuse and reaching out to her colleagues by using sex as a surrogate for affection and really needs support, and/or help, then "taking advantage" is deeply immoral.

I'm in no position to judge.

Cheers,
    W.
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    There's one married woman I'd love to shag.

But she only lets me on birthdays and Christmas.

Best Post Ever . . . . .
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Monkeypump wrote:
    If a married woman is up for playing away, and you say no, she's just going to get her fun somewhere else.

If I didn't nick it, somebody else would.

If I didn't sell them drugs, somebody else would.

etc. etc.
    I guess you can either crack on, say what the hell, safe in the knowledge that she was going to do it anyway.

Or you could not do it and leave her to wonder why someone has turned her down.
    Or, take the moral high ground and avoid getting involved (read "miss out on a sh*g").

FIFY: Or, take the moral high ground and avoid getting involved (read "not be complicit in somebody else acting like a sh*t").
    As previously mentioned, nork size or your level of inebriation may well influence this decision!

As far as I'm aware, neither of those would stand up in court (unless she was particularly perky :) )
  • Hi,
    Seems to me the whole morality thing wraps around this bit:
    ...she was having an affair with him on account of abusive behaviour by her husband...

Now, if she's a generally well-adjusted and confident individual who's reaction to bad behavior by her husband is to get back at him by having some fun on her terms, then fair play to her and to those who get to play, too. Might be a bad idea but not immoral.

If, OTOH, she's a victim of abuse and reaching out to her colleagues by using sex as a surrogate for affection and really needs support, and/or help, then "taking advantage" is deeply immoral.

Reasonable comment, although what constitues "bad behavior by her husband" is open to interpretation and you'd probably only have her word for it. Also getting back at her husband by shagging other people, rather than trying to sort it out with her husband, probably isn't the best indicator of a well-adjusted individual or at least a well-adjusted marriage. Better off leaving it alone altogether I would have thought,
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Monkeypump wrote:

If I didn't nick it, somebody else would.

If I didn't sell them drugs, somebody else would.

etc. etc.

FIFY: Or, take the moral high ground and avoid getting involved (read "not be complicit in somebody else acting like a sh*t").

As far as I'm aware, neither of those would stand up in court (unless she was particularly perky :) )

Mine was a (slightly) tongue in cheek post, but your response is nonsense.

A person making it clear they want extra-marital sex is stating a clear objective. Without questioning their motives, you can simply choose to say yes or no. An inanimate object does not ask to be stolen. Drugs do not ask to be sold.

The likelihood (from this and other examples) is that the person is going to obtain the extra-marital sex from somewhere, be it from you or someone else.

The final sentence, which certainly was tongue-in-cheek, probably contains a little more truth than was intended. Do you honestly think that hot wives preying on drunken blokes get turned down as frequently as fugly wives trying it on with sober guys?
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    rjsterry wrote:
    Aside from all the mucky goings on, is Hambones still doing Lejog and is his (possibly former) friend/rival coming along too? Well at least there'll be something to talk about on those long lonely miles.

Hopefully not - thinking from a stats point of view
  • rjsterry
    JZed wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

:lol: I think you have the Stats bug bad.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    rjsterry wrote:
    JZed wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

:lol: I think you have the Stats bug bad.

Talking of stats - Hambone are you going to provide stats?
  • DonDaddyD
    On the morality side, my position is that the wife/gf/etc are their problem, not mine. Takes two to tango.

So Sir Chris Hoy, wants Ms O Grace. One night stand style. You're not too fussed about his wife, it's his (and her) problem.

istockphoto_760147_punch_fists.jpg(For your honesty)
    Food Chain number = 4

• mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    my brother once told me i "had his wicked way" with a married women whilst her husband and kids were sleeping upstairs

he said it with a giant smirk on his face too
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • DonDaddyD
    edited March 2011

What if she looked like Liz Hurley in a pencil skirt?

In reality the guy saying no is the only one really missing out. Where's your morals then?

There's no way I'm saying no. I'll be the most happiest soul burning in hell for that one.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    O M G :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm more innocent than I realised.
  • Monkeypump wrote:
    Mine was a (slightly) tongue in cheek post, but your response is nonsense.

A person making it clear they want extra-marital sex is stating a clear objective. Without questioning their motives, you can simply choose to say yes or no.

So? The fact that it's what she wants doesn't remove the responsibility from you of deciding whether what she wants is wrong. Helping her achieve her "objective" might make her happy but that doesn't mean that on balance it's a good thing to do. Not questioning their motives is probably just a way of avoiding thinking about the consequences of what you're about to do. Anyway, their motives are largely irrelevant compared to the fact that they're in a relationship (presumably not an open one).
    Drugs do not ask to be sold.

No, but people may ask you to sell drugs to them.
    The likelihood (from this and other examples) is that the person is going to obtain the extra-marital sex from somewhere, be it from you or someone else.

Not if everyone said no. Unlikely, but worth doing your bit towards.
    The final sentence, which certainly was tongue-in-cheek, probably contains a little more truth than was intended. Do you honestly think that hot wives preying on drunken blokes get turned down as frequently as fugly wives trying it on with sober guys?

No, I agree that as a statement of fact " nork size or your level of inebriation may well influence this decision!" is undeniably true. It's just not a moral justification.
  • tx14
    tx14 Posts: 244
    edited March 2011
    DonDaddyD wrote:

In reality the guy saying no is the only one really missing out. Where's your morals then?

There's no way I'm saying no. I'll be the most happiest soul burning in hell for that one.
    I'd be scared for my health. hot+loose=more partners, and that might mean more chance of ugly stuff.

flimflam_machine
    you assume men aren't walking sperm dispensers. you need to justify that.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Only a crazy man embarks on the married woman full blown affair. Always gets messy.

A one off and walk away is always the way to play if they're married.
  • rjsterry
    edited March 2011
    DonDaddyD wrote:

What if she looked like Liz Hurley?

Then it'll really take the wind out of her sails :twisted: as the song goes "...fit but my gosh don't you know it". Interesting choice of example given Ms. Hurley's recent history.

ETA: DDD, (seing as you've added the pencil skirt thing) you do realise that you've built that particular fantasy up so much that in the unlikely event that the opportunity actually arose, the reality is pretty much guaranteed to disappoint.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• DonDaddyD wrote:

Then she'd probably be really confused as to why somebody had turned her down.

What happened to your alpha status? I'm sure that Liz would be missing out hugely if you turned her down.

Chapeau for honesty, isn't she single now anyway? and what happened to that picture?
  • DonDaddyD
    edited March 2011
    I'd be scared for my health. hot+loose=more partners, and that might mean more chance of ugly stuff.

Put two 'extra safe' on and cover them in vaseline.
    Food Chain number = 4