Ricco hospitalised

Comments

• I don't think it is fair that everyone is assuming that this is a mishap due to doping - the poor lad could have eaten some contaminated meat or something.

You are all so judgemental.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    edited February 2011
    Tootler wrote:
    I don't think it is fair that everyone is assuming that this is a mishap due to doping - the poor lad could have eaten some contaminated meat or something.

Italian cyclist Ricardo Ricco admitted today that a blood transfusion led to his hospitalisation. It counts for the second doping incident with the 2008 Tour de France and will likely lead to at least a five-year ban
    The 27-year-old told doctors; "I did an autologous blood transfusion." According to Italian paper La Gazzetta dello Sport.
    cartoon.jpg
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Tootler wrote:
    I don't think it is fair that everyone is assuming that this is a mishap due to doping - the poor lad could have eaten some contaminated meat or something.

:D I'd agree (;)) if it weren't for his own apparent admission.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... ation.html
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Doobz wrote:
    Tootler wrote:

Italian cyclist Ricardo Ricco admitted today that a blood transfusion led to his hospitalisation. It counts for the second doping incident with the 2008 Tour de France and will likely lead to at least a five-year ban
    The 27-year-old told doctors; "I did an autologous blood transfusion." According to Italian paper La Gazzetta dello Sport.

'Where's the "whoosh" parrot when you need him :)
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Doobz
    LangerDan wrote:

'Where's the "whoosh" parrot when you need him :)

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg
    cartoon.jpg
  • Supergoose
    Supergoose Posts: 1,089
    Doobz wrote:
    Tootler wrote:

I rather feel you have missed the sarcastic irony in Tootlers post there. :wink:
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • Supergoose
    Supergoose Posts: 1,089
    Incidentally I have hee haw sympathy for the dastardly Ricco. What a clown. He's lucky to still be alive. A 5 year ban, hopeless, ban him for life, for his own safety!
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • Doobz
    Supergoose wrote:

I rather feel you have missed the sarcastic irony in Tootlers post there. :wink:

Ohh yea... ROFL!!

my bad! :)
    cartoon.jpg
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    The dude needs help of some kind.

He must have some head problems which need to be ironed out.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Doobz
    iainf72 wrote:
    The dude needs help of some kind.

He must have some head problems which need to be ironed out.

He needs a fokin slap from someone so he catches a wake up call.. Maybe cav was right in saying he wanted to slap him..
    cartoon.jpg
  • iainf72
    Doobz wrote:

He needs a fokin slap from someone so he catches a wake up call.. Maybe cav was right in saying he wanted to slap him..

You're not in some Jo'burg high school dealing with someone who doesn't want to play rugby now Doobz :wink:
  • Doobz
    haha made me laugh, nice one :)

hell, not Joburg though. Bladdy full of dutchmen up there. I am from South Africa's Playground,

Something needs to be done with him seriously though. If what is reported is proved to be true then I would be surprised if he ever rides again..

I wonder if he will come clean and just walk away from the sport?
    cartoon.jpg
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    I keep three types of red sauces in my fridge: raspberry jam; tomato ketchup and tabasco. What're the chances the plonker injected one of those by mistake?

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Mad or Bad?

At the moment, certainly very sick, and I'll reserve my full wrath until it's known if he'll pull through. Although I would err towards bad, stupid and crooked rather than psychologically or psychiatrically in need of help.

I have zero sympathy with him. He's not some poor lad from a poorer country whose only hope of evading poverty is to become a cycling star and earn a fortune.
  • Doobz
    From the Pro's
    RobbieHunter How can a person like this ever show his face in public again!!!
    manuelquinziato Goodbye Riccardo! We won't miss you!
    brentbookwalter And to think we were gonna have to race w this chump again! RT
    cartoon.jpg
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I'm still struggling to believe this story is true given that he's been surrounded by a few doping rumours since he came back and it's hard to believe that anyone could be that stupid so quickly.

I think pretty much everyone expected he would get busted again. But not quote so fast and not like this.
  • Once again, Twitter proves itself a useful tool.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • While the doctors are giving him a liver transplant maybe just mabe they should do a brain transplant also.If they use a chimps brain he might be better off.

Now on a serious note this guy is just twisted through and through i won`t go on about it as it doesn`t take a brain surgeon to work that out.
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    I'm speechless! Made me feel a little bit sick just thinking about it :( I find it genuinely upsetting what some athletes will do to their bodies.
  • Doobz
    Well at the moment its speculation. Even Vacansoleil is investigating but calling them "rumours"
    cartoon.jpg
  • Tusher
    Liver transplant?
    He's getting a liver transplant??
  • iainf72
    Doobz wrote:
    Well at the moment its speculation. Even Vacansoleil is investigating but calling them "rumours"

The VS guys spend way too much time in cafes in Amsterdam and seem a bit slow off the mark.

CONI have launched an investigation, which tells me it's been reported via official channels.
  • Doobz
    edited February 2011
    iainf72 wrote:
    Doobz wrote:

The VS guys spend way too much time in cafes in Amsterdam and seem a bit slow off the mark.

CONI have launched an investigation, which tells me it's been reported via official channels.

True, I was really looking forward to seeing him ride. Its still really hard to believe..

E2a: Just read this
    CONI said it had opened an investigation "on the basis of information which has appeared in the press."
    cartoon.jpg
  • Tusher
    Bonnie D. Ford-
    http://twitter.com/Bonnie_D_Ford

"They don't charge 'em with being smart"
  • Tusher
    Meanwhile, over in the lone star state, there is a cyclist who is presently twittering, but has failed to even mention Ricco.

Odd that. You'd think he's be bang up to date with the news.

(I'm already wearing my hat and coat and heading out the door)
  • Doobz
    Tusher wrote:
    Meanwhile, over in the lone star state, there is a ex-cyclist who is presently twittering, but has failed to even mention Ricco.

Odd that. You'd think he's be bang up to date with the news.

Fixed that for you :)
    cartoon.jpg
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Pokerface wrote:
    I'm still struggling to believe this story is true given that he's been surrounded by a few doping rumours since he came back and it's hard to believe that anyone could be that stupid so quickly.

I think pretty much everyone expected he would get busted again. But not quote so fast and not like this.

Can't fault him for his consistency tho' and his ability to live down to peoples expectations
    M.Rushton
  • Tusher
    Ricco is a very special kinda stupid though, Pokerface.
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Doobz wrote:
    From the Pro's
    RobbieHunter How can a person like this ever show his face in public again!!!
    manuelquinziato Goodbye Riccardo! We won't miss you!
    brentbookwalter And to think we were gonna have to race w this chump again! RT

Alex Dowsett tweeted

Collins Oxford dictionary should make some changes; Karma pronounced (Ri-cco) definition - Ricco
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Tusher wrote:
    Ricco is a very special kinda stupid though, Pokerface.

Thanks. That made my evening. :)