The Fury Upgraded (new forks with PICS, finally!!!)

Comments

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    obvious_troll.jpg

no wonder no one elses threads are getting a look in, this guy is hilarious :lol: innit blud
  • jklash1987
    jklash1987 Posts: 136
    shukur wrote:
    then the old bikes from back in the days were better then arent they, like10 years ago the steel bikes we use to ride, heavy aluminum, baracudas etc. a thort a new bike was so solid. anyway off out to eat, burga burga timne lol

I thought Baracuda were a Toys'Я'Us type brand?...
    Do you actualy like mtbing?
  • shukur
    shukur Posts: 155
    lol say sumtin real b**ch! lol
    funi geezers eh.

lisen, a luv mountain biking, a jus dnt wanna buy a £400 bike aka carrera fury if its gona end up gettin damaged after one ride, whats the point man. wen i were little, we had bikes for £20-30 solid as hell!, a neva bowt a bike more dan £50, a did once n it were crap, den a bwt a bmx for £80 n da got nikd. bt a dint tink 10 years on ad be spendin hundreds of pounds on a piece of shit da probs aint as half as gud as wa i use to ride bak den.

a mean, dose bikes u cud jump al day n deyd survive, da material was diferrent wasnt it, hardcore alumiium
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    shukur wrote:
    funi geezers eh.

lisen, a luv mountain biking, a jus dnt wanna buy a £400 bike aka carrera fury if its gona end up gettin damaged after one ride, whats the point man. wen i were little, we had bikes for £20-30 solid as hell!, a neva bowt a bike more dan £50, a did once n it were crap, den a bwt a bmx for £80 n da got nikd. bt a dint tink 10 years on ad be spendin hundreds of pounds on a piece of shoot da probs aint as half as gud as wa i use to ride bak den.

a mean, dose bikes u cud jump al day n deyd survive, da material was diferrent wasnt it, hardcore alumiium

I shall attempt to translate this, if my brain doesn't explode.
    Laugh out aloud, say something real b*tch. Laugh out aloud
    You are funny people on here.

Listen, as I'm rather rude and think I am the centre of attention. I love mountain biking, I just don't want to buy a bike for 8 weeks worth of Job Seekers, even if it is a great bike like the Fury if it's going to be damaged after one ride due to lack of skill. What is the point? Last year, we had bikes that cost £20-£30 and they were bombproof. They weighed a metric ton, but I couldn't break it off my jump I made from a plank of wood and two house bricks. I never paid more than £50 for a bike, because the crackheads needed a quick fix. I did once, it was too good for me. It was made up of all these light parts which broke when I tried to fix it with my hammer. I did buy a BMX for £80 but the crackheads I bought my bikes off mugged me for it. I don't think that 10 months on, now that I've discovered bikes cost a lot of money (more than a million weeks dole money, or something like that) I can justify spending that much as my riding 'skills' would just destroy anything not made from pig iron like I used to ride.

I mean, without using such a fancy device as google, could someone please tell me if a bike can be jumped off a kerb without it breaking. I have never broken a frame, but a mate of a mate has told me he heard something about aluminium frames snapping if you go off anything bigger than 1 foot high kerbs. Respect
  • Can anyone translate this into English please so I can understand?

Edit: Revell beat me too it. Thanks for the help!
  • Stuy-b
    Stuy-b Posts: 248
    FWIW in the video shukur posted its the forks that snap not the frame.
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    shukur wrote:
    funi geezers eh.

lisen, a luv mountain biking, a jus dnt wanna buy a £400 bike aka carrera fury if its gona end up gettin damaged after one ride, whats the point man. wen i were little, we had bikes for £20-30 solid as hell!, a neva bowt a bike more dan £50, a did once n it were crap, den a bwt a bmx for £80 n da got nikd. bt a dint tink 10 years on ad be spendin hundreds of pounds on a piece of shoot da probs aint as half as gud as wa i use to ride bak den.

I shall attempt to translate this, if my brain doesn't explode.
    Laugh out aloud, say something real b*tch. Laugh out aloud
    You are funny people on here.

Listen, as I'm rather rude and think I am the centre of attention. I love mountain biking, I just don't want to buy a bike for 8 weeks worth of Job Seekers, even if it is a great bike like the Fury if it's going to be damaged after one ride due to lack of skill. What is the point? Last year, we had bikes that cost £20-£30 and they were bombproof. They weighed a metric ton, but I couldn't break it off my jump I made from a plank of wood and two house bricks. I never paid more than £50 for a bike, because the crackheads needed a quick fix. I did once, it was too good for me. It was made up of all these light parts which broke when I tried to fix it with my hammer. I did buy a BMX for £80 but the crackheads I bought my bikes off mugged me for it. I don't think that 10 months on, now that I've discovered bikes cost a lot of money (more than a million weeks dole money, or something like that) I can justify spending that much as my riding 'skills' would just destroy anything not made from pig iron like I used to ride.

I mean, without using such a fancy device as google, could someone please tell me if a bike can be jumped off a kerb without it breaking. I have never broken a frame, but a mate of a mate has told me he heard something about aluminium frames snapping if you go off anything bigger than 1 foot high kerbs. Respect
    very good translation there, RR
  • getonyourbike
    Stuy-b wrote:
    FWIW in the video shukur posted its the forks that snap not the frame.
    i didn't realise that until you said it. It definitely looks like the crown/steerer area. The frame's still in one piece
  • blucky
    blucky Posts: 40
    dear oh dear oh dear !!!!

"rough terrain for prolonged periods of time without getting a tyre bust"

getting a flat has nothing to do with the quality of the bike, before I got Dr Sludges fitted (heavy I know, but saves time) I used to get a flat at least one in every three rides, or at least someone in our group did.

By the sounds of it, the Fury will be all the bike you'll need, and I say this seriously, no jokes, no digs, no nothing. Its a fantastic bike for the money.
    If I were you I'd go out buy a Fury (secondhand or new) and spend less time on here chirping away like an old woman... and get some riding done, I guarantee after about a month or so, your attitude to people on here will change, you'll be able to offer proper informed advice, and eventually you'll gain a base knowledge of bikes & components and more importantly... their capabillities, and maybe.. just maybe, people might be more inclined to speak to you properly.

so..
    Step 1) Buy bike
    Step 2) Ride bike
    Step 3) Repeat Step 2.
    :D
    ..................................................................................................

I own a cat called Gary !

Boardman Comp 2010
    Boardman Sport 2010
    Marin - Bear Valley SE 1992 ?
  • Oh my diddy! Thanks for the translation man!

I love how this guy Shukur says back in his time bikes were good, but is typing like he's 12 and only being let on the computer with his parents sitting there. Back in your time would have been the same bikes as now youngster.

Stop bashing the carrera. New bikes are strong enough, much lighter, and much nicer than old ones. If you buy a bike designed for XC, of course it has chances of breaking if you ride it on a full on DH track with 50 foot kickers. Buy a bike built for that purpose and you won't have any problems.

Basially what you're saying Shukur is that you want a girl like Jordan, but instead rented out a obese transvestite for fun.
  • shukur wrote:

Hardcore aluminium doesn't exist.If you want a bike that will survive a 100 failed jumps
    you want something like this
    Strong%20Tire%20Bike.jpg
    I assume this is French petrol - be careful in reverse - the car will retreat rapidly at the least provocation.
  • shukur
    lol
  • shukur
    how much is ur bmc for sale then?
    and how much do a solid pair of forks cost if i bought a fury and sold the forks and bought a new pair?
  • getonyourbike
    how is so you being wrong, acting like a complete doosh and being made fun of because of it funny for you?
  • shukur wrote:
    how much is ur bmc for sale then?
    and how much do a solid pair of forks cost if i bought a fury and sold the forks and bought a new pair?

You can buy it for 1700 plus shipping.
  • getonyourbike
    why would you buy a fury, sell the forks and buy a new pair? They're great. Oh no, sorry, they'll snap obviously, like on the BSO because it's a terrible bike that will snap even glancing at a jump or serious bit of trail.
  • shukur
    lol
  • shukur
    i wudnt pay £1700 for it. these self made bikes, do they even have warranty on the frames. again, just the case of them snapping .. :)
  • jakeeeeeee
    jakeeeeeee Posts: 270
    it seems this guy will never buy a bike !!! LOL :lol:
  • shukur
    lisen, £300/400 is a lot of money you know, i can't live in the thing like it was a car, paying more than £500 for a bike is crazy yo! its like a months rent for a house. is a bike gonna shelter your ass or something.
  • shukur wrote:
    i wudnt pay £1700 for it. these self made bikes, do they even have warranty on the frames. again, just the case of them snapping .. :)

LOL, then if you want a high quality bike for only 300 or so you're in the wrong sport. Should switch to city biking lol.

Haha you know of the sport dude, and it's genuinely bringing me a few laughs. Your a tool.
  • shukur
    lol if a sucked one of u off wud u give me a discount
  • getonyourbike
    Of course the frame still has a warranty.

Please can you just go away and stop filling the thread about my bike with
    your stupidity and completely unsupported opinions. You're just making a fool of yourself, first of all with your stupidity and then by laughing at yourself. Everyone doesn't make fun of you because they like you.

You probably can't understand half the words I've used either, eventhough they're all simple and basic to everybody else on here with an education and some intelligence.
  • jklash1987
    shukur wrote:

I Gave your mum a discount, Son.
  • jklash1987 wrote:
    shukur wrote:

She was actually the one giving me the discount, she was dirt cheap to start with as well
    8) :lol: :P :P :P :evil:
  • jklash1987
    jklash1987 wrote:
    shukur wrote:

She was actually the one giving me the discount, she was dirt cheap to start with as well

Like a BSO, A very cheap ride...
  • jklash1987 wrote:
    jklash1987 wrote:
    shukur wrote:

Like a BSO, A very cheap ride...

I think I may have snapped her frame as well, landed a bit bad and her tube just couldn't handle the stress.
  • shukur
    I f***ed ur mums puss* dry beos i didnt know how to quiet, i was all up in there like quicksand, had ur mum and sister in pairs, thats how i i am, they came in 2 by 2 like noahs ark rippped"
  • shukur wrote:
    I f***ed ur mums puss* dry beos i didnt know how to quiet, i was all up in there like quicksand, had ur mum and sister in pairs, thats how i i am, they came in 2 by 2 like noahs ark rippped"

You havn't even hit puberty yet. Your still sucking ur mums nips
  • jakeeeeeee
    jakeeeeeee Posts: 270
    shukur wrote:

WHATTT ????????!!!!!!!!!!!! this guy clearly knows nothing about bikes or grammar and spelling