Bhima.....

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    He is a well intentioned, jackanory, jibber-jabber, banana scoffing, pony tailed plank.
  • i heard his FTP was 12 Watts higher than NapD's. NapD doesn't eat enough bananas!
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    SunWuKong wrote:
    i heard his FTP was 12 Watts higher than NapD's. NapD doesn't eat enough bananas!

Bhima doesn't eat them, he has them mushed and put into and IV drip
  • mcrdave
    mcrdave Posts: 501
    I have to add my 2 penneth in here.

Met Bhima after he came on a winter ride from velodrome last year.

Hope he doesn't mind me posting this, they are just my observations:

He had banana's taped to his bike and at least 3 in his back pockets, they were small, unripe ones as he said he got them cheap from the local newsagent.

He looks like a euro cyclist big ring 12 tooth assassin

He had no bartape on his bars

He had something written in his top tube and king of the mountains polka dot wrapped around his seattube (which I thought looked pretty cool actually)

His cadence was very high indeed but he struggled on the climbs a bit

He's an interesting guy

We lost him somewhere near chapel en le frith, we waited for a good while but he didn't appear, it was a freezing winter ride so we cracked on.

He came back next week and said he crashed the previous week after trying to eat a banana and descend a steep hill simultaniously!

As they say, it takes allsorts and it'd be boring if we were all the same!
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    His pony tail is really a futuristic propulsion device... from the future, where Bhima sometimes visits....

In his own words...
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    He's into physics? This is the guy who posted up on Training that "E=mc2 so can I work out my power required from that?"
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Scrumple
    he-man%20dedt.jpg
  • This thread is beggining to remind me of Lord of the Flies.
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • What's with mocking my profile pic?! It was taken outside a youth hostel in SF while travelling in America 5 years ago. *Must change to one of me in lycra asap*

May I suggest instead of spending time insulting people on forums, you should be out there riding. Might be a bit more productive.

Anyway, I'm done on this thread. In a bit yo.
  • Well you did direct people to your Facebook page.

That was rash.
  • Scrumple
    mcrdave wrote:
    I have to add my 2 penneth in here.

Met Bhima after he came on a winter ride ... He had banana's taped to his bike and at least 3 in his back pockets, they were small, unripe ones as he said he got them cheap from the local newsagent.!

This just gets better.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    41377_658055770_1977_n.jpg

Hoodie? Check
    Half drunk bottle of cider in paper bag? Check
    Scruffy facial hair? Check
    Yobbish salute? Check

It's actually really nice that they let you use the internet at the homeless shelter. Now.... I'm off to go ride.
  • bam49
    bam49 Posts: 159
    :lol: I don't want to take the mick or bully the guy, but reading about him and his methods has cracked me up and has got people in the office asking me what is so funny... I just can't get the ' bananas taped to bike ' image out of my head .... truly a legend and Bikeradar star :)
  • About 10 months ago I offered to put Bhima up for the weekend to ride the Whitton route in order that he could demonstrate his remarkable climbing prowess.

I'm still waiting for him to "definitely" get in touch.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    mcrdave wrote:
    He had banana's taped to his bike and at least 3 in his back pockets, they were small, unripe ones as he said he got them cheap from the local newsagent.

We lost him somewhere near chapel en le frith, we waited for a good while but he didn't appear, it was a freezing winter ride so we cracked on. He came back next week and said he crashed the previous week after trying to eat a banana and descend a steep hill simultaniously!
    This is pure gold! I always thought the Bhima / Bananas joke was just a bit of joshing - but it's actual fact?
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Skeltron wrote:
    May I suggest instead of spending time insulting people on forums, you should be out there riding. Might be a bit more productive.
    This from the guy whose first post on this forum was to tell us all to get a grip...
  • rdt
    rdt Posts: 869
    Coming down Long Hill on Saturday, see cyclist going the other way:
    - GB kit
    - pony tail
    - bananas everywhere.

Shout, "You are Bhima and I claim my £10". But in the blink of an eye, he's gone.

Legend.
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    he moves faster than the speed of sound so he wouldn't have heard you if you were shouting after he had passed!
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Pretty sure I saw him in the dole office today.
  • Anonymous
    Pokerface wrote:
    Pretty sure I saw him in the dole office today.

This one?

207-408-dole-banana-7-11-philippines.jpg
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    I actually saw a GB kitted long haired rider on the A34 when I was going to Alderley Edge the other day.

Was this Bhima?
  • schweiz
    schweiz Posts: 1,644
    SBezza wrote:
    I actually saw a GB kitted long haired rider on the A34 when I was going to Alderley Edge the other day.

Was this Bhima?

Kent to Alderley Edge? :shock: Did you miss a turn off? :wink::lol:
  • Anonymous
    SBezza wrote:

Was this Bhima?

Highly likely.
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    schweiz wrote:
    SBezza wrote:

Was this Bhima?

Kent to Alderley Edge? :shock: Did you miss a turn off? :wink::lol:

LOL, I am in Crewe with my work for a week ;)
  • Anonymous
    Bhimawatch update.

Saw him going the other way last night riding up Pexhill when I was in my club chaingang (crap turnout for such a splendid evening...)

Guess what he was wearing?
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Team GB kit? Or nothing?

Was he going fast?
  • Anonymous
    Ohhhhhh yes. Team GB.

Just going normal speed.

One of the lads thought he was a girl, as in not woman, but girl! :shock:
  • Anonymous
    I remember when he said he shot past the GB Team when they were out training as part of another story.

Also, are you still using the home-made front and rear aero disc wheel conversions Bhima ?
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    dmclite wrote:
    I remember when he said he shot past the GB Team when they were out training as part of another story.
    Also, are you still using the home-made front and rear aero disc wheel conversions Bhima ?

He probably just failed to mention that they were going the other way. :lol:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    Is this guy a myth? Loads of sightings but no credible photos