Tour de France Stage 11 *spoiler*

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Not really, the comments in this thread appear to overlook the fact that one rider headbutted another.
    If I headbutted another, In law this would be deemed as assult, if, amongst over things Reddening of the skin occured this could be classed as ABH.
    I'm just trying to point out that it is a serious matter and therefore should be treated as such.

In that case, Nigel De Jong should probably be behind bars by now.

dejong_412721t.jpg
  • chriskempton
    chriskempton Posts: 1,245
    coinneach wrote:
    HTC have had that coming.

How so?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Aldag. Lol, sort it out - basic saying Renshaw was going to be pushed into the barriers by Dean :roll:

http://www.steephill.tv/players/eurospo ... d=20892578
    Contador is the Greatest
  • plectrum
    plectrum Posts: 225
    coinneach No idea why you feel HTC have it coming, they are by far and away the strongest train coming into the last 2km. Their leadout man is the number one man again by a country mile and their sprinter is the fastest pro tour sprinter. It seems more that the other teams are trying a little to vigourously to disrupt the HTC train.

The otehr teams should concentrate on getting faster, stronger and more solid rather than following the tactical examples set out by Vaughters with his ideas of grandeur.
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    coinneach wrote:
    HTC have had that coming.

How so?

Another win for Cav ... abso*&^%$lutely !!
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232

Julian Dean in 'I picked a fight but got beaten up shocker'

fact is he tried to rough renshaw up and failed so he is bleating about rough tactics. he needs to MTFU .

farrar on the other hand is entirely right to be angry
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,813
    afx237vi wrote:
    Not really, the comments in this thread appear to overlook the fact that one rider headbutted another.
    If I headbutted another, In law this would be deemed as assult, if, amongst over things Reddening of the skin occured this could be classed as ABH.
    I'm just trying to point out that it is a serious matter and therefore should be treated as such.

dejong_412721t.jpg

clearly playing the ball.... :lol:
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    afx237vi wrote:

dejong_412721t.jpg

Hehe,

hi-rez here cos its a good shot:
    w36_24302067.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rockmount wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:
    Jeez, the Tour really does bring them out, doesn't it?

Yeah ... and they'd all have been done for speeding too, what's your point :roll:

My point is, read the above.
    Which part of that didn't you understand?
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    DaveyL wrote:
    Lightweight

Too much for me. I cave in.
    Cav finds out:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWQrjUqDSv0
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,813
    DaveyL wrote:
    Lightweight

Cav finds out:

restrained for him I thought

the w4nker thing aint going to help :lol:
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    DaveyL wrote:
    Lightweight

Cav finds out:

Right at the end the commissaire pulls the old 'can't talk anymore, I've got a phone call' trick
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    RichN95 wrote:

Right at the end the commissaire pulls the old 'can't talk anymore, I've got a phone call' trick

If they used an HTC handset, he dare not argue
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • plectrum
    rockmount wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

Yeah ... and they'd all have been done for speeding too, what's your point :roll:

FFF - The headbutt wasn't serious at all. The move by Dean was as was the move on Farrar by Renshaw. In my mind the most serious and dangerous move was Dean's as if they had locked bars which they were a whisker from doing then all hell would have broken out and you would probably have 20-30 riders in hospital.

Renshaw on Farrar was very naughty but Farrar was so far behind he had time to slow push and sprint again, it was naughty and deserves a serious fine and telling off but it was never dangerous.
  • iainf72
    Great headline

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/cycling/ ... lled_N.htm?

I'm in full Dennis mode. I've not seen the stage or sprint nor do I plan to but I'll comment.

:wink:
  • RichN95.
    rockmount wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

Look. In the winter almost every Saturday somebody hits somewhere on my body, sometimes deliberately, with a wooden stick.

To you this is assault and a serious matter worthy of police attention, but to me, as a hockey goalkeeper padded-up like Michelin man, it's just part of the game. Most of the time it's not even a foul.

And I haven't even started on people firing plastic missiles at my nuts at 80+ mph.
  • plectrum
    DaveyL wrote:
    Lightweight

Cav finds out:

Shows very much that the TdF organisers are back tracking, the reason given by the tech.director is headbutt, he indicates this to Cav. When it is celar that Dean was the perpertrator suddenly it is for a dual infringement.

Wrong wrong wrong.
  • RichN95.
    iainf72 wrote:
    Great headline

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/cycling/ ... lled_N.htm?

I'm in full Dennis mode. I've not seen the stage or sprint nor do I plan to but I'll comment.

:wink:

"This is cycling, it's not wrestling," course director Jean-Francois Pescheux said.

Renshaw replied, "Wrestling is for girls. I once head-butted a bear"
  • iainf72
    RichN95 wrote:

"This is cycling, it's not wrestling," course director Jean-Francois Pescheux said.

Renshaw replied, "Wrestling is for girls. I once head-butted a bear"

:lol:

Or "Renshaw replied, "Wresting is not real. I know this but my mom doesn't. "
  • plectrum wrote:
    [quote="if they had locked bars which they were a whisker from doing then all hell would have broken out and you would probably have 20-30 riders in hospital.

"if" being the operative word.
    A hypothetical argument, however the headbutt actually happened.
  • chriskempton
    With absolutely no effect whatsoever.
  • bazbadger
    bazbadger Posts: 553
    Surely helmet manufacturers are missing a trick here?

Various bolt on additions could be bought for your Giro or Met - such as the 'sprint mace' or 'peloton spike'.

Turn bike racing into a more gladiatorial form of sport. You know, like the good old days.
    Mens agitat molem
  • chriskempton
    FFF is upset enough as it is about a vicious attack with 200g of polystyrene
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    A hypothetical argument, however the headbutt actually happened.
    You have never done that.
    You have never had it done to you then.

I'm dammed if you are going to push me into the barriers. (I shall see you afterwards when it's quiet)

It's getting as bad as these Fairey Footballers.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • RichN95 wrote:
    [quote=Look. In the winter almost every Saturday somebody hits somewhere on my body, sometimes deliberately, with a wooden stick.
    To you this is assault and a serious matter worthy of police attention, but to me, as a hockey goalkeeper padded-up like Michelin man, it's just part of the game.

You play the game knowing this and, to a degree, expect it to happen hence all the padding. So are you implying that pro cyclists expect to be headbutted?

Is the helmet used as protection against crashes or used as protection against fellow competitors?
  • camerone
    here is a question. are there any circumstances where taking a hand off the bike and placing on a fellow rider is acceptable? edit - in a sprint
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    What gets me is that "top race official" Jean-Francois Pescheux said:

"We've only seen the pictures once, but his actions are plain for all to see. They were blatant. This is a bike race, not a gladiator's arena. Everyone could have crashed today."

So, we on this forum have studied the incident in more detail than the race officials before they take a very serious decision. It speaks volumes about the professionalism of these people.
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • chriskempton
    FFF trolling
  • camerone
    AidanR wrote:
    What gets me is that "top race official" Jean-Francois Pescheux said:

"We've only seen the pictures once, but his actions are plain for all to see. They were blatant. This is a bike race, not a gladiator's arena. Everyone could have crashed today."

there is abit missing off this sentence - ..........'if renshaw hadnt protected himself...''
  • FFF is upset enough as it is about a vicious attack with 200g of polystyrene

Next time you're down your club ask someone to do the same, please tell me if it's painful?