Tour de France Stage 11 *spoiler*

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,813
    cav interview on eurosport

noticeable improved maturity in Cavs response...
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508

I think he's just trying to impress Tusher. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232

thats cuddly Bob in a Russ abbott style Cav disguise!
  • So Dean was in the wrong?
    But you can't justlfy headbutting him. If Renshaw was at risk he should have eased off and put in an official complaint. It was Renshaw that took matters into his own hands. Any provocation will be overlooked because he attacked the other rider.

Would a judge have let Raoul Moat off...I was just having a bad day M'lud so I shot three...Well give me the gun and don't do it again you cheeky scamp!
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Jeez, the Tour really does bring them out, doesn't it?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • William H
    William H Posts: 61
    So Dean was in the wrong?
    But you can't justlfy headbutting him. If Renshaw was at risk he should have eased off and put in an official complaint. It was Renshaw that took matters into his own hands. Any provocation will be overlooked because he attacked the other rider.

Would a judge have let Raoul Moat off...I was just having a bad day M'lud so I shot three...Well give me the gun and don't do it again you cheeky scamp!

If he eases up wouldn't Cav and then the rest of the peloton crash into him?

But the third headbutt looked gratuitous, and then he deliberately rode Farrar almost into the barriers.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

Whoa, wait a minute. Are you saying he's not "wearing his heart on his sleeve" and had "become a corporate drone"?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    Although I do admire Renshaws bike handling, headbutting at over 40mph and keeping his line.
  • stjohnswell
    stjohnswell Posts: 482
    I think Renshaw thought he was head-butting Dean, but the swerve towards Tyler was pretty inexcusable.

Good sprint by Cav though.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    To be honest that will probably the the last of the HTC sprint victories then.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    DaveyL wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:
    Exactly what I thought when I saw you'd posted on the thread...

Back at you.:P :wink:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Lightweight
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    DaveyL wrote:
    Lightweight

Oooooh, musettes at dawn!
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Interesting, just said on ITV4 highlights that it has been 13 years since a rider has been excluded. It was the double infringement that did it.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • DaveyL wrote:

Not really, the comments in this thread appear to overlook the fact that one rider headbutted another.
    If I headbutted another, In law this would be deemed as assult, if, amongst over things Reddening of the skin occured this could be classed as ABH.
    I'm just trying to point out that it is a serious matter and therefore should be treated as such.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Interesting, just said on ITV4 highlights that it has been 13 years since a rider has been excluded

Now this is what you call an eventful stage:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/stee ... 50284.html
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    DaveyL wrote:

Not really, the comments in this thread appear to overlook the fact that one rider headbutted another.
    If I headbutted another, In law this would be deemed as assult, if, amongst over things Reddening of the skin occured this could be classed as ABH.
    I'm just trying to point out that it is a serious matter and therefore should be treated as such.
    Yeah ... and they'd all have been done for speeding too, what's your point :roll:
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    gabriel959 wrote:

Why should it be? Cavendish didn't have Renshaw in 2008 and he still won every sprint he went for. And he's still got Eisel, who's a good lead out man in his own right.

Also, he can just sit on the wheel of Petacchi, who has to sprint and likes a long wind up, and come round him.

I still think Cav will win in Bordeaux and Paris.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mididoctors
    Boardman ITV4 was pretty much on the forum "average consensus"

the head butting was not that bad but the switch on Tyler was out of order

the DQ was harsh but whatever...
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    The 'headbutting' was nothing and i don't blame Renshaw for doing it, Dean should hold his line and not attempt to take Renshaw out. Think he actually prevented a crash 'headbutting' him. The swerve afterwards was stupid and potentially dangerous, think he was p***ed off with Dean so thought he'd try and stitch up Farrar.
    The race refs are just looking to keep the sprints open.
  • frenchfighter
    afx237vi wrote:
    Interesting, just said on ITV4 highlights that it has been 13 years since a rider has been excluded

Now this is what you call an eventful stage:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/stee ... 50284.html

Lol, didn't know that.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mididoctors
    gabriel959 wrote:

maybe the opposite

cav won that using his own race sprint brain rather than renshaws... unlike the previous 2

actually bodes well for Marks abilities... doesn't make his life easier
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    DaveyL wrote:

I doubt it would be deemed assault if you were both wearing cycling helmets. You would just be told to stop acting like a knob.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    DaveyL wrote:

Better climb back into your cotton wool then :wink:
  • coinneach
    coinneach Posts: 79
    "Shaking with emotion after clashing with Renshaw at 70km/h, Dean said, "I was just doing my job and trying to bring Tyler to the front with 500 metres to go. I dropped him off on Cav's wheel and went past Renshaw to try and keep the speed high. When I was coming over Renshaw, he didn't seem to like it too much."

"He shouldn't have done that. It's not appropriate. I didn't make any movement, I was just bringing Tyler to the front. I went past Renshaw and then I felt him leaning on me and hitting me with his head."

I guess everyone sees these things through their own eyes, BUT Dean did DEFINATELTY not go past Renshaw and make no movement. If he had, fair enough, but he couldn't get past and then he swerved over....I'd not go as far as 50/50 but there was contributory negligence there.

Mind you, HTC have had that coming.
    "It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end."
  • frenchfighter
    This was posted by Cyclocosm before the Tour started:

http://cyclocosm.com/2010/07/how-the-ra ... oup-sprin/
    Contador is the Greatest
  • shakey88
    shakey88 Posts: 289
    gabriel959 wrote:

Don't think so.Get ready for a big victory "salute" when Cav wins the next sprint :lol:
  • chriskempton
    chriskempton Posts: 1,245
    DaveyL wrote:

You call that a headbutt? You need to get out more.