Tour de France Stage 11 *spoiler*

Comments

• shakey88
    shakey88 Posts: 289
    Cav kicks butt again.
    Great work by Renshaw.The guy's an ox!
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    Cav won because Renshaw was blocking. Cav can't be penalised but Renshaw will get a wrap on the knuckles

I think Cavendish won because he was faster than the rest
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    Cav's wins with a "long breakaway by my standards"

That's a quote
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Yes, it was Dean there, not Farrar
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I believe that clashing heads is how Antipodeans establish who is the dominant male in the herd.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    Dirty dirty dirty, Chav's leadout man deserves 2 x fines for the headbutts and then the swerving. He was not being driven into the barriers, nothing of the sort, overhead proves it.

Not like Farrar would've come back but that's not the point. That was some poor un-sportsman-like defending by Renshaw (if it was him). Really poor.

dean tried to ride into the front of Renshaw, he was simply defending his straight sprinting line. i think Dean was the one trying to block off HTC sprint
  • shakey88
    shakey88 Posts: 289
    Dirty dirty dirty, Chav's leadout man deserves 2 x fines for the headbutts and then the swerving. He was not being driven into the barriers, nothing of the sort, overhead proves it.

Not like Farrar would've come back but that's not the point. That was some poor un-sportsman-like defending by Renshaw (if it was him). Really poor.

Overshadows a great sprint by Cav, although this time Petacchi was close, but again he wasn't going to come back - no matter where the finish line was - good win.

:roll: words almost fail me :roll:
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    RichN95 wrote:
    I believe that clashing heads is how Antipodeans establish who is the dominant male in the herd.

:lol:

p1_mcewen_0722.jpg
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227

Overshadows a great sprint by Cav, although this time Petacchi was close, but again he wasn't going to come back - no matter where the finish line was - good win.

Rose tinted glasses I think you saw that through.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Rubbish - great riding by Renshaw - throwing headbutts at at that speed, keeping space - Dean trying to close the door and Renshaw protected his position. more of this please!!!!
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Petacchi in Greeeeeeeeeeen
    Contador is the Greatest
  • afx237vi
    Petacchi now with a 4 pt lead in the race for green. Been an interesting competition so far.
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    shakey88 wrote:

:roll: words almost fail me :roll:
    How bout Chav by name Chav by nature. Great win but the team's turning into hoodlums. They just had Stapleton squirming with pointed questions. Press agrees c'etait pas juste.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,813
    edited July 2010
    Farrar could have won that if he had stayed with dean...

he should have gone early as dean fought renshaw.... he tried to switch to cavs wheel who DID go early

petacchi had a clean line but wasn't going as fast as farrar at the end.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    afx237vi wrote:
    Petacchi now with a 4 pt lead in the race for green. Been an interesting competition so far.

thor has a real real problem as ale jet is going to finish in front all the way to paris in the sprints

Thor is going to have to do it in the mountains
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mea00csf
    mea00csf Posts: 558
    so i understand the headbutting, from the front it looked unnecessary but from the overhead, it was glaringly obvious why as he was starting to get pushed towards the barriers knowing that Cavendish had to get out that way.

But, the veering to close the door on the riders behind, that looked dangerous and very unnecessary. Is that allowed? I've not watched loads of pro racing, so don't know the rules about either incident? Anyone clarify from a rules point of view (rather than a sportsmanship POV)
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi wrote:

thor has a real real problem as ale jet is going to finish in front all the way to paris in the sprints

Thor is going to have to it in the mountains

Hmm, when he did it last year he kind of took everyone by surprise. It's not going to be so easy this year. Lampre will be on the lookout... and it's not as if Petacchi himself is a terrible climber.

Also, Thor tried that the other day and only got 6 points. Is it worth the effort in the long run?
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    Good work by Renshaw, however lacking in subtlety. Even if it contravenes a rule, he knows Cav is fine. Not that I think it was as dangerous as ITV4 are making out...

Looks like it's the intermediates for Thor between now and Paris.
  • Neil McC
    Neil McC Posts: 625
    Renshaw has been kicked out of the race?
  • mididoctors
    afx237vi wrote:

Also, Thor tried that the other day and only got 6 points. Is it worth the effort in the long run?

thor is the better climber though pettachi is getting over the climbs well enough..

if lampre focus on the jersey they have cunego to drive breaks in the mountains to mop up points thor could get... dont know if the little prince would be up for that or not?

as for making the effort Thor simply has no other choice in my book

either pettachi packs or he(thor) goes for the points in the hills...

failing that Ale is going to stay in front
  • mididoctors
    Neil McC wrote:
    Renshaw has been kicked out of the race?

what?
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Yes. They have booted Renshaw out of the race.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    yup it's confirmed on the letour site.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Renshaw's been DQ'd from the race, not just the stage but he's out of the race. A blow for Cavendish's chances but I suppose Eisel will take over.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    afx237vi wrote:
    Thor is going to have to it in the mountains

Thor tried that the other day and only got 6 points. Is it worth the effort in the long run?

The only way I can see him doing it in the mountains is if he does a proper Erik Zabel style and picks up plenty of points into Pau, but that means staying at the front over the Tourmalet, Aubisque etc.

If he does that he will have earned it like last year.
  • mididoctors
    harsh but Renshaw was pushing it

did anybody make a complaint or was it a RC independent decision
  • gethmetal
    gethmetal Posts: 208
    Soon we will have a sport devoid of any spectacle whatsoever. Does Renshaw have any right of appeal?
  • mididoctors
    edited July 2010
    gethmetal wrote:
    . Does Renshaw have any right of appeal?

:lol:
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Disgraceful decision.

Smacks of penalising Cavendish for blocking Thor last year. Stinks.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Why wasn't McEwen DQ'd back in the day? (pic above) Seems very harsh.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides