south wales Rides?

Comments

• Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    Went to Llantrisant forestry "smilog"
    nice one Sean and m8 for showing me a few extreme scetchy trails lol. not quiet the fast flowing trail centre runs iv got use to, roots, stumps, trees branches, thats bad enough to get back to then you add that to the fact it was on near vertical angle of the trail. :shock:

mostly fire breaks up gravel path, then you just head into the trees and lo and behold theres a trail, quick loop and same again difrent gap off the road and another trail, all short routes other than one that we didnt do that is top to bottom even down past the carpark.

anyways here is the vids. wind up the quality to 720 and hold on, as my seat would not go down far enough to allow me to get over the rear wheel enough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmXrKCPWYow 01
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J04y_VXEh6U 02 :shock:
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • forbez
    forbez Posts: 62
    Cheers to Al, Dom and Lanky , for asking me to Tag along up Bryn M, on sunday morning! I've never ridden that far along the mountain, but those were a few quick sections.

Does anyone know much about the Abercarn Downhill? I believe its an older route, but a mate who lives in Abercarn knows nothing about it. I'm interested to see where it starts end's etc. Cuold maybe add that in as an extra when visiting Cwmcarn.

My Bikeradar status is : Riding a Giant Yukon FX2
  • forbez
    Yeah, ive seen a few vid's, but i'm wondering quite where it begins or ends! I'll take a ride up and accross the mountains and have a look.

• seanoc
    seanoc Posts: 24
    Very old video; the original track was destroyed by the FC a couple of years ago.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Forbez wrote:
    Cheers to Al, Dom and Lanky , for asking me to Tag along up Bryn M, on sunday morning! I've never ridden that far along the mountain, but those were a few quick sections.

Does anyone know much about the Abercarn Downhill? I believe its an older route, but a mate who lives in Abercarn knows nothing about it. I'm interested to see where it starts end's etc. Cuold maybe add that in as an extra when visiting Cwmcarn.

Me and Sladey rode a dh track up there back last year, it was balls to the wall steep!!!! Lol. I think I did a sort of map to where it starts and finishes but it at home.

I've just ridden llandegla again, was all going well until my freehub went about half way around!! I coasted down a fireroad, ended up on the main road and then had to push about 2 miles back to the car park......grrrrrr
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    Just to let you know. A couple of us will be at Cwmcarn at 6 this evening. Sorry for the short notice just found out. :D
  • ianm59 wrote:
    Just to let you know. A couple of us will be at Cwmcarn at 6 this evening. Sorry for the short notice just found out. :D

good luck... its pissing it down so hard in cardiff, I couldn't see the road with my wipers on full!

Enjoy :P
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    Talking of dh's :shock:

So few weeks ago I had seen this,

dsc00158qe.jpg

Will after me and dar meet that guy that told us about the dh trak i did think it was it, but its some way away.

But it is, and it looks fun

dsc00157ta.jpg

dsc00156vw.jpg

dsc00155zr.jpg

loads of trees to hit but the grouds soft and its looks fast as hell.

but we only find this from wlking up it. first we found this :shock:

dsc00148il.jpg

this is a balls to the wall, full face/neck brace/200mm forks.

that is one of 2 line. one is fast one is tech there is a 3rd drop which was was standing on. all are about 2-4ft drops, there is also a 5ft grap jump,

dsc00151xb.jpg

^^ This is a 6-8ft rock drop

dsc00153it.jpg

The start line (with flo dog being used to give you a idea of size

dsc00154t.jpg

the start from the top

Got to show you guys this its mad
  • forbez
    Tom, where's that too?

Wyllie's bad enough for me, although its also fun! (Just depends on which route yuo take. )

I'm doing Cwmcarn on Friday at about 09:30 - 10:00 if anyone else fancies it. I'll be with two 1st timers, so the speeds wont be fast.

• Welsh_Tom
    Do you know Twmbarlwm at all?

Will if you do, just before the hill up to the tump, there is a fireroad, with cattle grid. go over that and keep going till you come to the next cattlegrid its on the left 20 ft after cattle grid
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Sorry i haven't been on here much fellas, other things in my life have sort of taken over right now, nothing bad but very time consuming so doubt I'll be out this weekend or in the week. I'm still riding but not able to get out much, will see you all soon though :D
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • welshkev
    Sorry i haven't been on here much fellas, other things in my life have sort of taken over right now, nothing bad but very time consuming so doubt I'll be out this weekend or in the week. I'm still riding but not able to get out much, will see you all soon though :D

part timer, you'd never get me not making it!!! :shock: :P
  • Squarepants
    welshkev wrote:

I do wish I could get out more atm Kev but I'm getting my nursery/day care centre off the ground.. No wait, I'm sure that excuse has been used recently
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • welshkev
    welshkev wrote:

I do wish I could get out more atm Kev but I'm getting my nursery/day care centre off the ground.. No wait, I'm sure that excuse has been used recently

no excuse, when it's making loads of cash and i pay for you all to come and stay at my place in the alps you'll want to be my best friend :wink::lol:
  • Squarepants
    Best bud I was only messing my pal

You paying the uplifts too.. :lol:
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • seanoc
    seanoc Posts: 24
    Heading out for a fairly tough Rhondda ride on Friday.

Route will be keeping to the mountains but skirting around Porth-Ynyshir-Tylorstown-Ferndale-Maerdy-Penrys-Trabanog starting and finishing at Rhondda Heritage Park (although I'll be coming over from Penycoedcae). May stick in the Abercwmboi descent too depending on legs. Can't see it being shorter than 5 hours ~40 miles.

Anyone fancy it?
  • LarJones
    LarJones Posts: 88
    Anyone got any riding plans for saturday?

I'm all settled in the valleys now so keen to get out on my bike, so i'm potentially (and potentially my brother/a mate) looking for a good days riding on saturday if anyone is up for it? Having only been here a few days I don't know many routes, so a guide would be much appreciated!

Cheers guys,

Lawrence
  • Welsh_Tom
    LarJones wrote:

I'm all settled in the valleys now so keen to get out on my bike, so i'm potentially (and potentially my brother/a mate) looking for a good days riding on saturday if anyone is up for it? Having only been here a few days I don't know many routes, so a guide would be much appreciated!

Cheers guys,

Lawrence

i am thinking of doing cwm sat. not sure of time yet 10 or 12 i am thinking
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Crud catcher ride at Afan on Sat,

If your not there you are square!!!!!
  • Squarepants
    Correct :lol:
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • welshkev
    i might be out sunday morning guys..anyone got any plans?[/b]
  • Pr][nCe
    looking to get out Sunday morn 9 - 10am Kev.
    but might be able to squeeze a Sat ride in also Tom between 10 -12 is fine if your up for it :)
    anyone else up for it?
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Sunday sounds good... where you thinking? NEED to get out.

Nearly walked out of work today in frustration... needless to say I have to wait another month before I can get a "big rig". Too many retards not meeting targets means the bonus has been put back, even though I've smashed all mine. Takes the piss.
  • Pr][nCe
    Extracting the urine are they Ben, gggrrr
    weather looks to be ok on both days as for location im easy peeps where you thinking Kev ben?.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Welsh_Tom
    My bike has not even been shipped yet. Its now 6 weeks. Sunday if things work out I plan on being hungover in some sexy girls bed. If that fails my mates sofa will do. sat yes we ride. What time is good for you guys I need a lay in.
  • LarJones
    LarJones Posts: 88
    I was thinking of doing a good all day natural ride of some description saturday, probably starting about 11 i would have thought. Not to sure where yet, considering doing a version of the gap route.
  • Welsh_Tom
    i am going out drinking at some point sat so i only really wont to do cc guys
  • welshkev
    i'm in the market for a new frame guys...i really want a mondraker foxy rr but i don't think i can stretch that far.

DAZ: i was thinking of a heckler, you've had a few haven't you so you must like them? could i possibly have a quick ride on yours next time we're out to see how it rides? it'd be great if i could 8)

or do i just push the boat out and get a spesh pitch pro (complete bike)? :?
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    Welsh_Tom wrote:
    LarJones wrote:

Cheers guys,

Lawrence

i am thinking of doing cwm sat. not sure of time yet 10 or 12 i am thinking

Me and Clamps are heading down CC sometime after 10 on Sat also, (exact time to be decided) wer not the fastest but happy to hook up with you guys.