south wales Rides?

Comments

• Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    No new bikes all round then :? that's a shame Ben and Tom. The day will come though, hope you've got heli tape at the ready Tom :wink:

Sounds like a good idea either way Kev, have you got the 'new bike bug' that everyone seems to have at the mo :lol:

Gutted I won't be able to get out this weeknd lads :cry: I shall return soon enough.

Chin up Ben it's only a month
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    Mojo thats cool just leave a note here when you pick a time. Later the better so I get some sleep. Jimbo try and get out next week dude. Pleaseee :-D
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    welshkev wrote:
    i'm in the market for a new frame guys...i really want a mondraker foxy rr but i don't think i can stretch that far.

DAZ: i was thinking of a heckler, you've had a few haven't you so you must like them? could i possibly have a quick ride on yours next time we're out to see how it rides? it'd be great if i could 8)

or do i just push the boat out and get a spesh pitch pro (complete bike)? :?

Go Spesh, your not alowed a mondy i've got one :p
  • Welsh_Tom
    welshkev wrote:
    i'm in the market for a new frame guys...i really want a mondraker foxy rr but i don't think i can stretch that far.

DAZ: i was thinking of a heckler, you've had a few haven't you so you must like them? could i possibly have a quick ride on yours next time we're out to see how it rides? it'd be great if i could 8)

Go Spesh, your not alowed a mondy i've got one :p

i would of come with u tomorrow if my new bike and i was not going out drinking
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    welshkev wrote:

More than welcome to have a ride Kev, with the recent price drop of the heckler frame to £900 makes it an extremely good buy, simple single pivot suspension that works. Can get a AM spec built bike now for £1850 that's cheaper than what i bought my frame and rear shock upgrade for :(

im out Sat and Sunday with a little luck, what time Sat peeps?
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Pr][nCe
    Mojo_666 wrote:
    Welsh_Tom wrote:
    LarJones wrote:
    Anyone got any riding plans for saturday?

I'm all settled in the valleys now so keen to get out on my bike, so i'm potentially (and potentially my brother/a mate) looking for a good days riding on saturday if anyone is up for it? Having only been here a few days I don't know many routes, so a guide would be much appreciated!

Cheers guys,

Lawrence

i am thinking of doing cwm sat. not sure of time yet 10 or 12 i am thinking

Me and Clamps are heading down CC sometime after 10 on Sat also, (exact time to be decided) wer not the fastest but happy to hook up with you guys.

So if we say 11am at CC car park "go in the middle of the 10 - 12" will that be good for all on Saturday peeps?
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • forbez
    forbez Posts: 62
    Guys just a headsup for you, the Freeride section at CwmCarn is closed for a few weeks, was up the earlier only to see the diggers. Had a chat with one of the guys, and he said it's closed for some reworking, due to health and safety! Gutted to be told that the Corkscrew / tunnel is going. But they are rebuilding berms and adding a few larger ones I think. The guy said it's due to health and safety, due to people trying to sue the forestry commision for injurys, what a joke. If I choose to throw myself down the side of a mountain, it's my choice, and I know what could happen, but I still do it!

So just a heads up if anyone is going up to ride the Airstreams, it's shut!

My Bikeradar status is : Riding a Giant Yukon FX2
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Forbez wrote:
    Guys just a headsup for you, the Freeride section at CwmCarn is closed for a few weeks, was up the earlier only to see the diggers. Had a chat with one of the guys, and he said it's closed for some reworking, due to health and safety! Gutted to be told that the Corkscrew / tunnel is going. But they are rebuilding berms and adding a few larger ones I think. The guy said it's due to health and safety, due to people trying to sue the forestry commision for injurys, what a joke. If I choose to throw myself down the side of a mountain, it's my choice, and I know what could happen, but I still do it!

So just a heads up if anyone is going up to ride the Airstreams, it's shut!

WTF!!?? first the ladder drops, then the wall ride, now this.....

it's not even difficult!!! :x
  • Welsh_Tom
    i sadly only done the corkscrew, all the way once.

most other times i cross it then boom down the tunnel, gutted thats going it was great fun

dar 11 sounds good for tomorrow, mojo 11 ok for you guys?
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    11 should be ok for myself and Mojo. I am having chronic issues with front brake at the moment though, but hopefully can fix them tomorrow morning.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    11 it is, but where exactly? just by the Twrch Trail sign at the start of the ride?
  • Pr][nCe
    i will be in a red 04 clio with that bike ontop, if ya dont see me arrive will meet by the sign as said. Name is Darren...
    |
    |
    |
    v
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Welsh_Tom
    It was so nice last night. It looked like today would be a good run. Lol that rain at 6am was mad. We may get a bit muddy today :-D
  • Squarepants
    Thanks for the heads up Forbez. I don't take that as all bad news, as long as they don't flatten the place I'd welcome a bit of remodelling (especially to the 'tabletops') without knowing what they're doing from a H&S pov a change could be a positive one, if for no other reason but to give us something different/new to ride. Silly about the tunnel but... if they (fingers crossed) replace it with something interesting then I'm happy.

Pie in the sky at the moment of course though. We shall see..

I want to ride now!
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Good ride that - cheers guys. Pretty sore after that off though!
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • Welsh_Tom
    great ride today, keep up woth shain rideing up a fireroad. that was a bad misstake :lol:

some really fun downhill today if very wet, nice to meet mike and mathew, hope mat is ok after the 2 off, one i got to see it looks fun :lol:

hope you dont hurt tomuch dude. dam wet but great fun
  • Pr][nCe
    nice to meet you again guys..
    Anyone out in the morning?
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Pr][nCe
    nope? :(
    glad i got a ride in today then :)

never mind backup plan it is then,
    Cardiff International Food & Drink Festival it is for me then nom nom nom slurp slurp :)

take it easy peeps
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]nope? :(
    glad i got a ride in today then :)

never mind backup plan it is then,
    Cardiff International Food & Drink Festival it is for me then nom nom nom slurp slurp :)

take it easy peeps

Went there today... farking busy! Get there early to get in the big carpark as it was full!

Oh and don't bother with the sausage bap thing for £3.50... sausages weren't up to much. The chinese was bloody lovely though!
  • Pr][nCe
    cheers for the heads up mukka :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Mojo_666
    Great ride Sat guys, nice meeting you Tom. :D
  • Welsh_Tom
    anyone out tomorrow?

edit:

i am meeting a m8(s) in the cc car park at 11, all welcome to join
  • Welsh_Tom
    edited July 2011
    good ride today, was fun, but tryed to move my foot on the padel why flying down a hill, sliped it off and it spun around hurting my shin, :x

but some good down hill, we missed out air waves as they where working up there, also by the tree drop after airwave they where redoing the face which put us off a bit.

also someone almost cut they c.o.c.k off up there other day so i am told :shock:

anyone out tomorrow?
  • Mojo_666
    Welsh_Tom wrote:

also someone almost cut they fool off up there other day so i am told :shock:

anyone out tomorrow?

Huh? foot or tool, (neither very good options but still) what happened?

Me and Matt s doing CC approx 6:15pm (Tuesday) evening.
  • Welsh_Tom
    fool is the dam forums, its ment to say c.o.c.k :shock:
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Welsh_Tom wrote:

how the hell did he do that?!? :shock:
  • Welsh_Tom
    welshkev wrote:
    Welsh_Tom wrote:

how the hell did he do that?!? :shock:

hit a tree stump i am told, it was hanging off, i am told
  • Pr][nCe
    Tom its on for Wednesday evening mukka. mrs got a lift into work.
    what time you wanna meet?
    anyone else out?
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Squarepants
    Ouch

Guys,

Does anyone have any semi slicks I can steal/have/buy (in that order) I'm doing a 55 mile run from Brecon to the Bay soon and I'm quickly killing my HR's during road training. Yes I'm cheap but I figure if anyone has any half decent (or any) ones laying about then all the better :D

let me know and I'll instruct my people to contact your people..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Welsh_Tom
    Ouch

Guys,

Does anyone have any semi slicks I can steal/have/buy (in that order) I'm doing a 55 mile run from Brecon to the Bay soon and I'm quickly killing my HR's during road training. Yes I'm cheap but I figure if anyone has any half decent (or any) ones laying about then all the better :D

let me know and I'll instruct my people to contact your people..

how about to come ride off road for one 8) :lol: