south wales Rides?

Comments

• Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    nah I'm all about the lycra now fella :lol:

Yea trust me dude I'd rather be riding with you lot at the mo but I've committed to this ride in Sept, will still be out before then on the loose but need some tyres to swap over. Don't fancy spending another £70 on HRs any time soon :roll:
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • griffter
    griffter Posts: 52
    Hi lads few of us doing cwmcarn tomoro at 6ish if anyones about..mojo should c u there dude.
    cube ams 150 race 2011
  • griffter
    griffter Posts: 52
    James i have a nicley worn spesh the captain 2.0 rear you can have/borrow if you want.
    cube ams 150 race 2011
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    nah I'm all about the lycra now fella :lol:

Yea trust me dude I'd rather be riding with you lot at the mo but I've committed to this ride in Sept, will still be out before then on the loose but need some tyres to swap over. Don't fancy spending another £70 on HRs any time soon :roll:

what u doing in sept?

i got 2 old tyres on that £125 bike u could have, but they make brake after 1 go
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    james if you just want them for that ride, get yourself to asda, i think they sell semi slicks for about 8 quid each :D

sorry guys, off up to n.wales again tomorrow, not back til saturday. no riding with you guys....again!!! looks like llandegla here i come again :?
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Griff, Tom, Kev - cheers all, I may pop in to Asda tomorrow to take a look, save you fellas the hastle of potching about with me :D If that doesn't happen though I'll let you know.

Tom - It's the Ty Hafen 55 mile challenge down the Taff Trail. Me and the boys in work tried to enter a team of four but they were fully booked so we're going to do it anyway :D still raise money and there should be about 12 of us. Should be a laugh
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    griffter wrote:
    Hi lads few of us doing cwmcarn tomoro at 6ish if anyones about..mojo should c u there dude.

Great stuff, not too fast now. ;)
  • Welsh_Tom
    Mojo_666 wrote:
    griffter wrote:

joking ant you? they are the speed crew :lol:
  • Mojo_666
    Welsh_Tom wrote:
    Mojo_666 wrote:
    griffter wrote:

joking ant you? they are the speed crew :lol:

Haha, aint that the truth, but they were a very patient speed crew.

Besides we know the way round this one so maybe we can have a scoial on the first few K then let them slip away into the sunset. ;)

So long as I can drag my arse back to the car park for lock up I am happy lol. :D
  • Silversladey
    Silversladey Posts: 450
    James,

I have got a Maxxis Ignitor roles really fast more than welcome to lend it,
    I think its a 2.1
  • welshkev
    James,

I have got a Maxxis Ignitor roles really fast more than welcome to lend it,
    I think its a 2.1

i also have a bald ignitor 2.35 if you want it? :D
  • Went out this evening to clear some cobwebs out. Haven't been on the bike for 2 weeks :shock:

Really good ride, stuck to the red route all the way... the 2 climbs seem like nothing after those beasts at Nant Y Arian!

Trails were pretty much perfect, great weather!

Photo_D3988799-3ADC-2832-442B-86B9F565322B.jpg

Photo_D879C1B0-B8BE-4A54-D211-76B52A2CB91C.jpg

OH!!!!
    And at the top of Giants Finger I stopped for a quick rest, turned round and there was a maaahhhhhhhhhhhoooooosive eagle sat on a branch about 3 ft away.
    I had time to mutter "fuukin ell" and it flew off. Never seen one so close, was really surreal!
  • Welsh_Tom
    :D

did you "brake in" to the airwaves?

they where working on them why i was there today so we just went around. :cry:
  • You mean the FR sections?

All closed off with wooden fences/logs now!
    Diggers and loads of equipment on the trail so not a chance of riding them!
  • You mean the FR sections?

All closed off with wooden fences/logs now!
    Diggers and loads of equipment on the trail so not a chance of riding them!
  • Welsh_Tom
    Lol yes. We rode it sat. Diggers and all :-D
  • oldstyle
    oldstyle Posts: 48
    freeride area is now -shit
    new signs coming soon --- "carefull theres a hill !" "watch out stone on trail "

and the warning graded "pink " .................. :? :?
  • welshkev
    oldstyle wrote:
    freeride area is now -shoot
    new signs coming soon --- "carefull theres a hill !" "watch out stone on trail "

and the warning graded "pink " .................. :? :?

they do have something similar at llandegla :lol::lol:
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    what they oing to the freeride, they only just sorted that out recently!!

What they taking away from me this time lads?
  • welshkev
    apparently the corkscrew/tunnel type thing that's all i know of :?

i know trail centres have encouraged more people to ride which in general is a good thing, but i like to ride cos sometimes it scares the crap out of me and i like that...if i fall off it's my own fault for being sh.it and i understand that :lol:

i'm not gonna run off and sue whoever's trail i was riding :x
  • Thewaylander
    Seriously?

I might have to write an actual letter of complaint to the council if they are, really getting fooked of witht he easiest things being taken away because some tit thinks there a bit tricky, i mean its meant to an F.ing black freeride at the end of the day :(

If i did do one would people be willing to sign it?
  • Mojo_666
    Yeah the corkscrew was flattened on sat, the tunnel had been dug out and it looked like maybe it was waiting for removal, the exit point and the trail arround it was also chewed up.

There were a lot of chalk/paint marks on the berms also so they are doing something with them...building them up? as the marks were on the entrance edges iirc

I got the impression that they were reworking the section not totally ripping it up...but i could be wrong.
  • Thewaylander
    pile of poo.
  • Welsh_Tom
    the road up the the airwaves they are remade the little berms,
  • Thewaylander
    the berms were good though, bit loose and gravely at points nowt wrong with them, i mean they were only redone a year or so back, they just trying poor that funding cash down the toilet.

I'm actually at work sitting here feeling kind of furious at this moment :(
  • Mojo_666
    Welsh_Tom wrote:
    the road up the the airwaves they are remade the little berms,

Yeah it was muddy and sticky but had very cleary been worked.

I might take a closer look tonight but Darren might well have recorded it all on Sat anyways? did he post ne thing?
  • welshkev
    no haven't seen anything he's put up from the wekend yet
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    It actually looked to me like they were putting more material down there to reinforce the existing trail etc and to make it sturdier on the areas that had been worked. The loss of the tunnel and corkscrew is a real shame though - especially as I only got to ride it the once.

We'll have a poke around tonight and see if we can work out whats what. Hopefully someone will have a camera or somesuch.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • the berms were good though, bit loose and gravely at points nowt wrong with them, i mean they were only redone a year or so back, they just trying poor that funding cash down the toilet.

I'm actually at work sitting here feeling kind of furious at this moment :(

Not really true though is it.... they're maintaining the trails.

Don't forget, there is going to be a whole new red route at Cwmcarn, along with maintainence to the current red and DH and another Dh track built.

The "freeride" area is pants anyway tbh. Its nothing compared to the one at Glentress.
    If it wasn't so far away from everything (ie at possibly the furthest point away from the carpark) i'm sure they would have made it a bt more "extreme".
  • oldstyle
    oldstyle Posts: 48
    "freeride area " what does this mean ? signify ? what it was several years back ! or what its changing into now .
    as you enter through the gate its all releveled flat and built up .
    where the old drop off ramps where the bank has been filled and made not so "steep" and runs straight through flat into the rest of area (you cant make out where the tunnel feature was at all )
    , after the tabletops theres a new big berm section being built but freeride :?: