south wales Rides?

Comments

• Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    griffter wrote:
    Stanners79 wrote:
    Good vids, who was it going through the puddle at a he'll of a rate?
    :lol: still smell that sheep s**t now how about you gareth :) what a great ride tho lads.
    we are doing cwmcarn @ 6 2night sorry for short notice if anybody out?

woot a ride. will cu at 6. or knowing me 10 past 6 :lol:
  • griffter wrote:
    Stanners79 wrote:
    Good vids, who was it going through the puddle at a he'll of a rate?
    :lol: still smell that sheep s**t now how about you gareth :) what a great ride tho lads.
    we are doing cwmcarn @ 6 2night sorry for short notice if anybody out?

Bolloks!

Completely forgot about my gear... its all festering in a bag somewhere :lol:
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Blank-Facepalm.gif
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Jame
    Jame Posts: 16
    Just though I'd post, went up the Dragon/Mountain Ash DH for a walk today. The WDMBA has been up there and done a fair bit of work to the track. Where the shore section was (and later removed) well, basically a lot of the bottom section. All change. Some real nice big kickers up there, and new lines with berms and switchbacks into what is a fair size double.

Can't wait to ride it!!! Be silly of me to go up there on my own and hit those things, waiting for anyone to ride it. James, if your bored Thursday????!
  • forbez
    forbez Posts: 62
    Shit day in work, followed by a shit night!

Wanted to go out on the bike, but had a few things to clear up. (Anyone know anyone who works in VW or the Parts dept? Need a few things!!)

Plus I keep forgetting to pop to halfords for some tubing, I think i have some air in the brake lines, so have squashy brakes, been doing a little reading and back blleding seems to be the best way forward, but i keep forgeting the tubing, and i'm a little reluctant to do it myself!

Grrrrrr

My Bikeradar status is : Riding a Giant Yukon FX2
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    JVN. How are you. Passed you on the by pass the other day. You must be getting the miles in. Hope you are enjoying the new job.
    Maybe you could make it one evening.
    Darren those vids are well tidy.
    Leftthe car parked up on Monday in the sun. Got in it in the evening, gee it was rank. It just stinks of those puddles. Need a valet now, but was worth it.

Anyone out tomorrow. Fancy Bryn Meadows. TOM will meet at the Golf club entrance. Ben do you fancy that, near to work for you.
  • forbez
    forbez Posts: 62
    Working late tomoz! Balls

My Bikeradar status is : Riding a Giant Yukon FX2
  • Welsh_Tom
    Well what a ride. I dont wont to go that ever again :lol::wink:

I feel like the guy off aliens, that thing is going to jump out my chest at any time :lol:

Sorry I was so slow tonight guys, my chest :cry:

But fun was had, nice to meet all the new ppl, and Ashley, who i known off years ago, but did not know till the last 5 min :oops:
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    good to see you all earlier guys.....just a pity i wasn't riding and had to go back to work :(
  • welshkev
    DAZ, just watched that first vid, that tree stump nearly caught me out aswell :lol::lol::lol:
  • Ahhh shiiiittteeee tomorrow you say Ian?

Lemme see if I can get my kit washed and dry!

EDIT: What time?!
  • ianm59
    What time is ok for you. I should be home by 4.30
  • lloydy-gt
    lloydy-gt Posts: 33
    Another good ride tonight boys (quite a fit group) tom u did really well:-)
    GT AGGRESSOR XC2 2009
    BOARDMAN TEAM FS 2010
    http://www.halfwayupmtb.co.uk
  • jvn01
    jvn01 Posts: 15
    lloydy-gt wrote:
    Another good ride tonight boys (quite a fit group) tom u did really well:-)
    yeah nice ride and good to see you all again after north Wales weekend which now seems like an age away (well I suppose we have had summer and autumn since then!) I can't believe how dirty you can get just doing a lap of cc in the summer :-( mind you I don't like puddles me..
  • Welsh_Tom
    ianm59 wrote:

how would we get from the pub car park to there without crossing them down busy roads?

Thanks dude, i do try my best :lol:
  • ianm59
    Just had my shifter back from America. Ordered it last week on the 23rd. Recieved it today :D .
    NE Cycles on ebay. 2011 X9 rt hand shifter £37.79 inc. P&P. Cracking prices and service. Well worth a peek.
  • jvn01
    ianm59 wrote:
    JVN. How are you. Passed you on the by pass the other day. You must be getting the miles in. Hope you are enjoying the new job.
    Maybe you could make it one evening.

Yeah I thought it might be you, passing by risca I think - were you in one of the meat wagons? JOb is good although still adapting to early starts every day! Trying to take tIe aile 2-3times a week when time and weather allows...
  • jvn01
    edited June 2011
    ianm59 wrote:
    Just had my shifter back from America. Ordered it last week on the 23rd. Recieved it today :D .
    NE Cycles on ebay. 2011 X9 rt hand shifter £37.79 inc. P&P. Cracking prices and service. Well worth a peek.
    wow that is a sign of the times - we buy a single x9 shifter for £38 from USA and consider it a bargain :-0
  • Welsh_Tom
    Blank-Facepalm.gif

double_facepalm_RE_Stupid_Japan_peoples_inventions-s350x280-71151.jpg
  • ianm59 wrote:

About 5:30/5:45ish would be best for me, as I need to get changed etc in work. Stuff is currently on a spin so really hoping it'll be dry lol! Will keep you updated!
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Alright Jame - that DH sounds a good laugh - if not a little 'big' :shock: will be well worth a look though. Yea prob not the best idea to go up on your own given the chance of an off. Thursday... I'll let you know tomorrow mate but I may be tied up (the mrs is in to that sort of thing you see).

Sorry fellas won't be out tomorrow as I've already made plans of the non mtb variety (berserk I know)

Tom - I see you're playing the oneupmanship on the facepalm pics

http://t1ak.roblox.com/06954bd44280563beafde0d2be091bd2

BEWSH :lol:

Sorry I'll stop spamming now.

Have a good ride tomorrow lads, I'm trial running the Taff Trail 55 mile thingy on Sunday from Brecon with a few of the boys from work so I'll see you next week in all likelihood :D
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Welsh_Tom

Tom - I see you're playing the oneupmanship on the facepalm pics

http://t1ak.roblox.com/06954bd44280563beafde0d2be091bd2

BEWSH :lol:

Sorry I'll stop spamming now.

Have a good ride tomorrow lads, I'm trial running the Taff Trail 55 mile thingy on Sunday from Brecon with a few of the boys from work so I'll see you next week in all likelihood :D

i see your face palm, and rase you gods son.

jesus-facepalm-facepalm-jesus-epic-demotivational-poster-1218659828.jpg

:twisted:

55 miles?? on the beast?? you will have legs the size of my house at this rate :lol:
  • welshkev

jmaes, what you riding for that? you can borrow my hardtail if you don't wanna ride it on the beast? :D
  • Chaps... can't make it tonight :(

Riding stuff is still soaked through so not a change I'll get it dry :(

Sorry guys!
  • anyone riding tomorrow evening and friday?
    Cube Acid 2011
  • Welsh_Tom
    ianm59 wrote:

what time u going to be meeting then?
  • welshkev
    i seem to remember someone on here said that they had a pair of X7 shifters to sell, i can't remember who it was though :?

anyone still got them? :lol:
  • ianm59
    Sorry guys just got home from work. something cropped up. Now 17.40 Sorry to mess you around but cant get out. :cry:
    Griff had some for sale but I think he sold them.
  • lloydy-gt
    lloydy-gt Posts: 33
    welshkev wrote:
    i seem to remember someone on here said that they had a pair of X7 shifters to sell, i can't remember who it was though :?

anyone still got them? :lol:[/quote

Kev, i bought some off ian griff but used the lever off the left one (chainring) i still have the right hand (rear cassette) if any good give me a shout
    GT AGGRESSOR XC2 2009
    BOARDMAN TEAM FS 2010
    http://www.halfwayupmtb.co.uk
  • welshkev
    lloydy-gt wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

anyone still got them? :lol:[/quote

Kev, i bought some off ian griff but used the lever off the left one (chainring) i still have the right hand (rear cassette) if any good give me a shout

Perfect sean, that's what i need, how much do you want for it? :D