• lloydy-gt
    lloydy-gt Posts: 33
    Kev, i've just pm'd you
    GT AGGRESSOR XC2 2009
    BOARDMAN TEAM FS 2010
    http://www.halfwayupmtb.co.uk
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    i might get out for Friday evening peeps anyone?
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    lloydy-gt wrote:
    Kev, i've just pm'd you

pm'd back sean 8)
  • welshkev
    BTW: i hope you're all enjoying your night, i'm still in work :x :lol:
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    Andrew what time are you thinking. I did play to pop out with a mate but its looking unlikey. So I working till 3 them free.
  • guys.... how hard is it to ride from Ystrad Mynach to Cardiff?
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    guys.... how hard is it to ride from Ystrad Mynach to Cardiff?

Quite, Caerphilly mountain is in the way..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Even over the sustrans route?

I don't drive over caerphilly mountain in the car to get home!
  • Welsh_Tom wrote:
    Andrew what time are you thinking. I did play to pop out with a mate but its looking unlikey. So I working till 3 them free.

Was thinking maybe leaving my house about 5-6 latest (Talbot green) as have to wait for Sky to turn up! Need to grab half hour kip to as in work for 5 this morn :o
    Cube Acid 2011
  • brad_boy
    brad_boy Posts: 13
    Even over the sustrans route?

I don't drive over caerphilly mountain in the car to get home!

it's easy, i ride from by Tredz to home in an hr 10. Pick up the taff trail by Caerphilly and it's easy days. Alternatively you can go out to the warren (off Van Rd) then up and over Caerphilly mountain, coming out by the Tea Shack.. Horses for courses really!
  • Welsh_Tom
    How long will it talced you to get there from home andrew? I guess its best you just say on here when you leave. Anyone else coming?
  • Where we headed? Cwm?

Cwm is about 35 mins from me I think. My cars slow as shit. And even worse with the bike and rack on lol
    Cube Acid 2011
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    welshkev wrote:
    Have a good ride tomorrow lads, I'm trial running the Taff Trail 55 mile thingy on Sunday from Brecon with a few of the boys from work so I'll see you next week in all likelihood :D

jmaes, what you riding for that? you can borrow my hardtail if you don't wanna ride it on the beast? :D

Very kind of you Kev, if I was thinking with my head I'd snap that offer up in a sec. Think I'll try the Hanzz this Sunday and if I die from it I'll take you up on that :wink:

Cheers for the offer bud :D
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Welsh_Tom
    Yes cwm it is. Will try and let me know a time.
  • [/b]anyone else riding later

well sky have been and im free from about 3 onwards to do Cwm
    Cube Acid 2011
  • Welsh_Tom
    me and andrew are going up at 5 if anyone eles wonts to come
  • Pr][nCe
    have a good un peeps cant make today, tomorrow im free prob be at cwm for 6 maybe earlier and should be ok for sunday
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    Darren. Let me know what time tomorrow. Where do you fancy.
  • Jesus what a stinking ride!!! Lol

I was so tired after work but thought a ride would clear the cobwebs. I STRUGGLED! while Tom burned ahead. Sorry for holding you back so much Tom. Although I did better on the downs than I thought being so tired.
    Cube Acid 2011
  • Pr][nCe
    5:30 - 6pm or a little later if need be at cwm carpark, up to you Ian if you want to go elseware? let me know.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • I'm not around this weekend chaps so have a good one whatever you end up doing :D

Looks like i'm riding from Ystrad Mynach to Cardiff on Tuesday after work though so that should keep me getting miles in the saddle!

On a side note, i'm hopefully going to be sorting the big bike either tomorrow or early next week... fingers crossed that the finance is accepted!
  • Welsh_Tom
    :shock: Well that was epic, Left my house at 4:45 got home at 8:05 :shock:

My bike pc give us ride time of 1:55 so thats a lot of stoping and resting :lol:

Really fun ride with andrew thought. Very nice to meet him, nice to see Shaun up the top.

Besides the fun me and andrew had a bit of a mare on the uphills, every techy bit was so hard to try and climb, but we pushed on and did it all. really need to work on my uphill work as its poo :lol:

downhill was great fun and we shoot tho it in no time. I was very happy i did a lot of sections with only a dab of brake now and again. :P

On a said note as i was riding out i look on top of a car to see a canyon nerve am 7.0, she was so lush, i talked to the guy with her and he said she was great, but had turned him into a bit of a dare devil :lol:
  • welshkev
    Jesus what a stinking ride!!! Lol

I was so tired after work but thought a ride would clear the cobwebs. I STRUGGLED! while Tom burned ahead. Sorry for holding you back so much Tom. Although I did better on the downs than I thought being so tired.

when tom gets a good bike he'll be a really good rider, how he gets around on that POS? :shock: :lol:
  • oldstyle
    oldstyle Posts: 48
    is it a POS :?:
    thought it was a HOS myself :lol:
  • rhyko7
    rhyko7 Posts: 781
    Who is riding where & when this weekend?

I had a couple of weeks off xc riding and been to Alps riding DH, wierdly managed a lap of a damp cwmcarn in 56 minutes wednesday in flat pedals-proves rest is better than training lol.

I am riding the new track up the forest of dean this evening, but looking to ride somewhere else on wkend, anyone going anywhere interesting?
    Dont look at it-ride it! they are tools not f*cking ornaments

my riding:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rhyspect

Some of my Rides Data/maps:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/Users/527337
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    still on for tonight? Bryn meadows Golf club or Crown pub road at 6? Let me know
  • Sambini
    Sambini Posts: 66
    Sorry guys not poss for ride tonight. Anyone riding in the morning
  • Welsh_Tom
    anyonw mking plans for next weekend?

after that i am off for 2 weeks so also if anyone wonts to do whites once or twice that would be cool