south wales Rides?

Comments

• ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    welshkev wrote:
    i'm in the market for a new frame guys...i really want a mondraker foxy rr but i don't think i can stretch that far.

DAZ: i was thinking of a heckler, you've had a few haven't you so you must like them? could i possibly have a quick ride on yours next time we're out to see how it rides? it'd be great if i could 8)

or do i just push the boat out and get a spesh pitch pro (complete bike)? :?

Hi Kev, you can have borrow my Marin if you want to try something different. II can bring it down to CC for you to use it for a lap, just bear in mind that the headangle on mine is a touch more laid back than normal , about 65.5 deg.. In my humble opinion its a fair bit more robust than the spesh( I have a Stumpy FSR ) and coming in at around 30lb mark. Thats not too shabby for a 140/ 150 mm travel bike. There are lighter bikes around, but they do tend to come unstuck when the going gets a bit naughty.I reckon its a brillaint bike for most trail centres. Most impotant is that you can buy 2009/2010 new models cheap as chips, when you consider the finishing kit.
    You are more than welcome to try it in a few weeks time.
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    Welsh_Tom wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    Welsh_Tom wrote:
    fool is the dam forums, its ment to say c.o.c.k :shock:

how the hell did he do that?!? :shock:

hit a tree stump i am told, it was hanging off, i am told

Not quite right Tom, but apparently it was a nasty injury. Caught it on the bars as he went over them. :shock:
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Thanks Sladey and Kev, I'll see about the Asda thing, my thought is it will be difficult to get to you as I'm in Swansea all day Sat and riding Sunday (kinda my fault for asking really :lol: :roll:) very much appreciate the offer though both

Shame the corkscrews gone but I'm reserving judgement until I see what they've done - who knows it could actually be an improvement, as said the FR as was was never brilliant..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • forbez
    forbez Posts: 62
    I'm gutted that they have removed the corkscrew, but as said who knows what they are going to put in place. Seems like they are getting a move on with it though.

My Bikeradar status is : Riding a Giant Yukon FX2
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    .... so i drove all the way to cwm with the bike in the back, then as i started to put bike togother i realised i had left the frunt qr bolt on the floor at home :lol:

how i did not crash on the way home i dont know :twisted:
  • Silversladey
    Silversladey Posts: 450
    the berms were good though, bit loose and gravely at points nowt wrong with them, i mean they were only redone a year or so back, they just trying poor that funding cash down the toilet.

I'm actually at work sitting here feeling kind of furious at this moment :(

Not really true though is it.... they're maintaining the trails.

Don't forget, there is going to be a whole new red route at Cwmcarn, along with maintainence to the current red and DH and another Dh track built.

The "freeride" area is pants anyway tbh. Its nothing compared to the one at Glentress.
    If it wasn't so far away from everything (ie at possibly the furthest point away from the carpark) i'm sure they would have made it a bt more "extreme".

+1 Airstream was overrated, much better sections at Cwmcarn i never liked it to windy ,table tops a bit crap and the red side never really flowed that well, corners were to tight and not bermed enough.

I was up there yesterday and it looks like they are building something nice fast and flowy a shame about the corkscrew tunnel
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    the berms were good though, bit loose and gravely at points nowt wrong with them, i mean they were only redone a year or so back, they just trying poor that funding cash down the toilet.

Don't forget, there is going to be a whole new red route at Cwmcarn, along with maintainence to the current red and DH and another Dh track built.

The "freeride" area is pants anyway tbh. Its nothing compared to the one at Glentress.
    If it wasn't so far away from everything (ie at possibly the furthest point away from the carpark) i'm sure they would have made it a bt more "extreme".

+1 Airstream was overrated, much better sections at Cwmcarn i never liked it to windy ,table tops a bit crap and the red side never really flowed that well, corners were to tight and not bermed enough.

I was up there yesterday and it looks like they are building something nice fast and flowy a shame about the corkscrew tunnel

how'd the new bike ride sladey boy?

IAN: thanks for the offer, i'll have a think about that :D
  • Silversladey
    Silversladey Posts: 450
    welshkev wrote:

how'd the new bike ride sladey boy?

IAN: thanks for the offer, i'll have a think about that :D

Absolutely awesome better fork and shock didn't miss the travel compared to the Zesty,

just a shame there is still a skinny legged twit riding it :D:D
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    sry guys vids from that ride i deleted somehow off the gopro or the mem card.

Tom you still out tomorrow evening mukka? what time is good for you?

anyone else?
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Hope you had a good ride gents, my brake troubles proved terminal in the end - the bleed screw on the front caliper has let go so the thing won't hold any fluid. As if to make matters worse our brief attempt at an uphill fitness ride ended when my right pedal siezed up. Then Mike left his wheel in the car park. Oh well :roll: :lol:
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • Pr][nCe
    thats not good Matt or Mike :(
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • itsmygame
    itsmygame Posts: 277
    Hi guys thought I'd check in. . I went all RETRO today and took the rockhopper for a couple of spins at haldon forest . Had good time bug not the same without my boys .
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)
  • Anyone know if there any marked routes at Castle Co*k?
  • Welsh_Tom
    Anyone know if there any marked routes at Castle Co*k?

dont think there is any.

dar yar i guess i will be up tomorrow, i guess 6?
  • Pr][nCe
    cya at 6 then i guess
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • oldstyle
    oldstyle Posts: 48
    dar/tom supposed to be doing a ride castel coch this even around 6.30 ....
    mate lives local and if he turns up he's guide .
    if not been there several times so can patch something together ...
  • Welsh_Tom
    i dont mind doing that.

what you think dar?
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612

Last time i was up there i did see some wooden posts with red markers on that a few bikes were following. if you go up past castle coch to the car park at the top of the road i think you'll see them from there in both directions
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • Welsh_Tom

or you can come with kel tonight :lol:
  • welshkev
    just rode llandegla again, did the red route inj 1hr 10mins..quite happy with that.

hope you have a good one guys, hopefully see you all soon :D

TOM: got chatting to a guy who'd just got his canyon nerve am8, he loved it, he said he'd been waiting 6 weeks but it was worth the wait :D
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594

Disagree here the red section was awful,

But the balck freeride, flowed well, had good burms and speed asong as you have modicum of ability to unwieght and weight the bike. Very quuick and the tabletops were fantasticly spaced.

so no corksrew no wall ride, wil wait and see whats there, but every time its just been made flat and easier up Cwm recently.
  • welshkev
    i'll hold judgement for the moment...i was really peed off at first but likie a few of the guys have said we'll see what they put up there instead.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Yeh figure as much, be nice if they said.

Just past experience with these things round Cwm has been bad, and to me it's one of the best sections up Cwm :( least on the XC loop :s
  • Welsh_Tom
    dar, kel is picking my up, you up for castle coch?

(from kel)

6:30 at top car park, drive past castle, turn off up hill car park on left.
  • Pr][nCe
    edited July 2011
    Welsh_Tom wrote:

sorted cya there :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]
    Welsh_Tom wrote:

Tom i fancy doing coch tonight you up for it?
    6:30?

Mmmm, a quote of the day contender. :lol:
  • Pr][nCe
    haha edited that 2 after i didnt read the post just sciped to the end
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • welshkev
    Mojo_666 wrote:
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]
    Welsh_Tom wrote:

Tom i fancy doing coch tonight you up for it?
    6:30?

Mmmm, a quote of the day contender. :lol:

ha ha :lol: caught out there daz :D
  • Welsh_Tom
    :lol:

ok anyone eles meet us there at 6:30
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    ^^ this boy is Insatiable :lol:
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...