south wales Rides?

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    nice vids!

theres noooooo way im heading out with you lot! i bottled that rooty drop to the left of the tree on video 2 :oops:

there's no rush mate, we all wait for people to catch up (unless i have to be home by 8pm :oops: )

me and sladey were talking yesterday about doing some nights out just to work on stuff that we're not too good at - like drop offs, berms and stuff without actually going for a full on ride. let us know if you're interested? :D

i forgot to say earlier - good to meet all the guys i hadn't met before last night 8)
  • ye i def need to work on some technical stuff. confidence wise more than anything i suppose.

have probably dived straight in at the deep end what with trying to get skills and fitness back up as well as going for SPDs for the first time. although they felt so much more secure on the DHs.
    Cube Acid 2011
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    I had a good one last night,

Rally enjoyed my free ride section, cleared all bar the last table top but give me a few more goes and i'll have that sucker! then it's learning to do the step ups can do the step down though :) really starting to get the section to flow soon be able to add some speeeeeed in :)

glad you all had a good un out there, and again sorry i could stop n ride with you guys time was limtied last night.
  • oldstyle
    oldstyle Posts: 48
    Nice Vids again Dar 8)
    I,ll have to mount me cam next time as well ....

And yes last two section where weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fast....... :roll:
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Videos look good, but have left me wishing a) I wasn't sat at my desk now, and b) that I lived neared to Cwmcarn :?

We're usually up there every few weeks or so, it would be great to meet up with you guys one weekend. As long as no-one objects to riding with a girlie :wink:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Thewaylander
    always like riding with girlies... as long as they proceed me on all climbs :P

Nah be good to see you again should just pop it on here when your around next.
  • miss notax wrote:
    As long as no-one objects to riding with a girlie :wink:

aw god!!! it will be bad enough being beaten by the boys let alone a girlie! lol ;)
    Cube Acid 2011
  • miss notax
    :lol::lol::lol:

Will give you guys a shout when we're up there next :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

• welshkev
    miss notax wrote:
    Videos look good, but have left me wishing a) I wasn't sat at my desk now, and b) that I lived neared to Cwmcarn :?

We're usually up there every few weeks or so, it would be great to meet up with you guys one weekend. As long as no-one objects to riding with a girlie :wink:

never ridden with a girlie before but i suppose it's just the same as getting my ass kicked by a girl than the usual lads :lol:
  • miss notax
    welshkev wrote:
    miss notax wrote:

never ridden with a girlie before but i suppose it's just the same as getting my ass kicked by a girl than the usual lads :lol:

Pretty much yes, I am led to believe :wink::lol::lol:

• Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    welshkev wrote:

leaving me all alone :cry::lol:

you know thr big root drop off on the secound uphill section?

i had dev (i think that was his name) behand me and my fue over then and again my feet where up in the air. i sitll not sure what i am doign wrong there :?
  • Thewaylander
    Big rooty drop?

There aren't any at Cwm really are there? trying to think where you mean now?
  • welshkev
    Big rooty drop?

look at the vid he's talking about...it's the section that goes along side the road after the freeride bit. i suppose it is pretty daunting if you're not that confident....i still have to pay attention riding it :shock:
  • Thewaylander
    Ah k.

Can't feel anything down there on the big bouncer neh more ... as with all rooty things though its about holding your line, don't start moving weight or steering left and right in the middle of uhm.
  • Welsh_Tom
    welshkev wrote:
    Big rooty drop?

look at the vid he's talking about...it's the section that goes along side the road after the freeride bit. i suppose it is pretty daunting if you're not that confident....i still have to pay attention riding it :shock:

no its not that one, i can do that at a good speed and not die :P

its on the ride up, last section before the pay hut, or just after it after the first hill not to sure, i think its after the hut the trail down down next to the river bed it drops about 2-3ft thats why i go off the padels
  • Itsari
    Itsari Posts: 346
    Welsh_Tom wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    Big rooty drop?

no its not that one, i can do that at a good speed and not die :P

its on the ride up, last section before the pay hut, or just after it after the first hill not to sure, i think its after the hut the trail down down next to the river bed it drops about 2-3ft thats why i go off the padels

Ah its the one in the dip just before or after that bastard climb...Last time I did it I missed judged everything and ate the banking much to the bemusement of my mate xD
  • The bit I meant is the bit on the second video. After the airstream ( or whatever it's called at the top.lol.) the section after the car park.

But I think I ate some dirt on the bit your on about to. There's some frigging bastard climbs there
    Cube Acid 2011
  • welshkev
    The bit I meant is the bit on the second video. After the airstream ( or whatever it's called at the top.lol.) the section after the car park.

But I think I ate some dirt on the bit your on about to. There's some frigging bastard climbs there

yeah that's the bit i was on about :D
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    vid recorded with Gopro, 720p 60fps, mojo_666

Andrew the downs are the fun parts :) ps, the faster you go there its just a little drop off you miss the roots, dont ride over um if you can jump um, thats it no more tips for today :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • rhyko7
    rhyko7 Posts: 781
    anyone riding in the morning?
    i need to get back home by 11

i have no idea why i keep missing all your rides, in a year i've made 1 bike radar ride, yet i ride at least 3 days a week-where have you gone Keith?

Did my 1st DH race couple weeks ago-those guys are fitter than i expected lol
    Dont look at it-ride it! they are tools not f*cking ornaments

my riding:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rhyspect

Some of my Rides Data/maps:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/Users/527337
  • Welsh_Tom
    The bit I meant is the bit on the second video. After the airstream ( or whatever it's called at the top.lol.) the section after the car park.

first time i went over there i hit the wire fance :P that was not fun :lol:
    Itsari wrote:

thast the one. guess it not just me then :P
  • Welsh_Tom
    rhyko7 wrote:

i have no idea why i keep missing all your rides, in a year i've made 1 bike radar ride, yet i ride at least 3 days a week-where have you gone Keith?

where is that in your top 2 vids? Machen?
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    rhyko7 wrote:

hmm confused-thinking-smiley.gif

I may be up for that. I need to be back early too

Where you thinking of riding in particular rhyko, natural route up to the moors or the red / anything else?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • rhyko7
    rhyko7 wrote:

hmm confused-thinking-smiley.gif

I may be up for that. I need to be back early too

Where you thinking of riding in particular rhyko, natural route up to the moors or the red / anything else?

Yeah that sound ok 8:45 start?

my riding:

• rhyko7
    Welsh_Tom wrote:
    rhyko7 wrote:

Just part of one of the many dh tracks in risca by cwmcarn,not machen

my riding:

• Squarepants
    In the car park 8:45 it is (or slightly before)

tidy dude see you there. I'm in a Blue Ignis Sport (don't forget the 'Sport' - it makes it slightly less poofy) facepalm.gif
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Welsh_Tom
    In the car park 8:45 it is (or slightly before)

tidy dude see you there. I'm in a Blue Ignis Sport (don't forget the 'Sport' - it makes it slightly less poofy) facepalm.gif

see this is why i should of tryed to fix my bike today and not spent it all sitting in the sun :lol: james i pmed you btw dude.
  • Squarepants
    yes, yes you should have Tom.

Ok mate I'll have a read
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Welsh_Tom
    rhyko7 wrote:
    Welsh_Tom wrote:
    rhyko7 wrote:

i am from risca, but i dont know where that is. which hill is it on?
  • rhyko7
    Welsh_Tom wrote:
    rhyko7 wrote:
    Welsh_Tom wrote:
    rhyko7 wrote:

i am from risca, but i dont know where that is. which hill is it on?

its near where all the other natural DH tracks are on the Cwmcarn mountain

my riding: