south wales Rides?

Comments

• Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    "Pr wrote:

lol was that a car at 2:37 in that vid? I am used to seeing some trailside trash but that takes prize.
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    I am going to ride up. All this driving there is going to make me fat. I may be 5 mins late. If you are reading this :-P
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    I'd stick with the Van to be honest, an air shock would never keep up with the rear making the bike feel super compliant at the back but chatterery on the hands.

I know modern air forks are good but there still not coils at the end of.
    Yeah would agree... the stiction on a long travel air fork can ruin and small bump response :(

I hear what you're both saying, and you know far more about it than I do, the SL model does come with the 36 float and a fella I've spoken to who owns ones says they work surprisingly well together. I'll heed your advice though lads. Rims could be on the cards to save weight, maybe bars and stem also (should really be having this conversation in my Hanzz thread huh) :lol:
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i rode nant yr arian today guys...brilliant singletrack.....on a par with the wall i reckon 8)

but there's a really long, steep, dull fireroad climb in the middle that spoils it a bit...but all in al a good lunch break :lol:

rode it in around 1hr 20 -was chuffed with that 8)
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    Is that like Barn building in the films with the mormons?

Lots of blokes building a barna nd loads of ladies in black making lemonade?

Yea same type of thing only i live in the Rhondda so instead of wearing black they will be wearing next to nothing swearing alot mostly saying make your own ferking Tea.
    8) :lol:
    Mojo_666 wrote:
    "Pr wrote:

lol was that a car at 2:37 in that vid? I am used to seeing some trailside trash but that takes prize.

Yep if you can get a 2 wheel drive car there :shock: why the hell are peeps buying 4 wheel drive lol
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Welsh_Tom
    woot, 29.6k....... time for a curry to put all them cals back on :lol:

my place to cwm up the moors and down cwm then back home. great ride. just me and ben for blackpool :lol:

my arms are killing now. my 40-50 mm forks did me on on the last downhills. but i had some air over the drop just at the end. almost lost the back end twice up the top. one time i had braised my self as i was 100% sure i was going over the bars but i was lucky to get my wight back and the end come round. great time got over some hill i never think i would.

thanks again to ben
  • Hahah pleasure Tom :D

really good ride out, trails nice and dry for once!

Still got gear issues though. Going to have to take the derailleur off and start from scratch. Still think its these shifters though :(

Just sitting down to a stir fry... om nom nom nom.
  • Welsh_Tom
    Hahah pleasure Tom :D

really good ride out, trails nice and dry for once!

Still got gear issues though. Going to have to take the derailleur off and start from scratch. Still think its these shifters though :(

Just sitting down to a stir fry... om nom nom nom.

i feel to lazy to go get curry so its tuna and j/p for me... what fun :lol:

well you pm me kel surname when you get time and see if you can fine that e-bay like for the heil tape

thanks dude
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    Missed you guys tonight at CC. Was late coming home so just did the road up for a little excercise.
    Tom if you want some heli tape I have some bought it off CRC and there was way too much.
    Any one out Thursday? Fancy Bryn Meadows? 6 ish start.
    Who will be up for Nant Y Arian 19th or 26th June. The long ride. It is fantastic, bits of everything.
    Car sharing a must because of the distance, 8)
  • How far is Bryn Meadows Ian? Start from Cwmcarn or different? Might be up for that one but i'm nay too fast so I don't want to slow you guys down if its a long un!

Nant Y Arian sounds good... I could do with riding something different to Cwmcarn!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    How far is Bryn Meadows Ian? Start from Cwmcarn or different? Might be up for that one but i'm nay too fast so I don't want to slow you guys down if its a long un!

Nant Y Arian sounds good... I could do with riding something different to Cwmcarn!

bryn meadows is close to your work ben, i'd say a 10 min drive :D

nant yr arian is awesome....but i'll let you know :?
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    ianm59 wrote:
    Missed you guys tonight at CC. Was late coming home so just did the road up for a little excercise.
    Tom if you want some heli tape I have some bought it off CRC and there was way too much.
    Who will be up for Nant Y Arian 19th or 26th June. The long ride. It is fantastic, bits of everything.

19th is Fathers day just to let you know, i would be up for the 26th but might need to jump in with someone, as i think the mrs is on nights so needs the car :(. pencil me in peeps :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Welsh_Tom
    ianm59 wrote:

how much do you have and how much do you wont for it?
  • Squarepants
    I'll be up for Bryn Meadows Thursday night, can discuss the other dates when we're there, Ben at least you'll have one slugging up the climbs with you.. Bryn Meadows is on the way to CC Ben so closer for us by yea as Kev says about 10 mins (although I know Kev was referring to a different point of reference)

Any good descents on the run Ian? Is it all the way up the road to the top of Wylie mountain then on..?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Welsh_Tom
    james i picked up a mbuk today (also a mbr - mummy payed for that one :lol: )

so i got that dvd now thanks
  • Sweet, where is the meeting point for this then? lol.

Gotta try and get my gears sorted beforehand!
  • Squarepants
    Tidy Tom, an entertaining and informative watch I found..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • My MBUK mag is 236 miles away :(
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Yo Monkey, Saw your car in the car park at 6 and it was there at about 7 when i finished but i missed you on the trail?
  • Welsh_Tom
    Yo Monkey, Saw your car in the car park at 6 and it was there at about 7 when i finished but i missed you on the trail?
    we went over the moors
  • Thewaylander
    No idea, which way that is lol :)
  • Silversladey
    Silversladey Posts: 450
    edited June 2011
    No idea, which way that is lol :)

Turn left at the Toll gate, follow the road for about 10 minutes then turn left, the climb is technically easier but still a bit of a grind, Then follow the ridge around and you come out above Cwmbran, follow the road for about a mile, hop over the fence and your on Airstream.

Ian Bryn Meadows sounds good for thursday, meet at the golf Club ?

The climb is technically easier, but you can ride faster increasing your heart rate to make it just as difficult physically.
  • Thewaylander
    So does it just make the climb easier? because that's mute to me want it to be harder at the moment?
  • So does it just make the climb easier? because that's mute to me want it to be harder at the moment?

Depends... its about 4-5k further with longer but less technical climbs... its more enjoyable and the views are superb so it depends what you want.
    The top bit over the moors is pretty fun too and it takes you right up to the freeride bit of the red route at Cwmcarn.

Could see all the way over the Severn river last night, hardly a cloud in the sky!
  • Thewaylander
    The extra K could be nice hmmm interesting.
  • Welsh_Tom
    So does it just make the climb easier? because that's mute to me want it to be harder at the moment?
    if only we where all as good as you :roll: :twisted: :wink: tbh if you are looking for a xc training ride this is for you. You could stand up powering up 85% of it. You could take mins off your time each day easy. Plus its got nice views :D
  • Thewaylander
    XC training? yuk wash your mouth out with soap and water boy!

Nah i like technical climbs, which has been bumming me out with Cwm how they have really smoothed out the climb. Was looking for summat that will make me dab and go back. Actually thats a lie i prefer techy climbs over longer ones, but just prefer going down lol!
  • forbez
    forbez Posts: 62
    Guys, i hope to join up with you all in the near future, maybe on the Bryn Meadows run. I'm off work on friday, so may give it a go then, Ian has told me where to go, but i'm not sure where to start. Do you continue to drive up past BM and continue up, how far up do you go before turning off?

Thanks

My Bikeradar status is : Riding a Giant Yukon FX2