• Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    welshkev wrote:
    jimbo why aren't you out tonight?

I'm in Basildon with work until Friday night :(

I'm out Sunday though :D

Not that you are Kev :roll:
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    welshkev wrote:
    jimbo why aren't you out tonight?

I'm in Basildon with work until Friday night :(

I'm out Sunday though :D

Not that you are Kev :roll:

i'm just avoiding you mate :wink::lol:
  • Squarepants
    I've frozen the interest on that fiver at £3,456 I hope you realise, you'll not see a penny more!!

Don't give up Tom, happens to us all, all part of the 'fun' :roll: :lol:
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    So the bike is working. What time we meeting and what cars you guys go so I dont go talking to some odd ppl
  • Wont be making it tonight as gotta pick the missus up from work. Did twrch this afternoon and recorded a shite time of 1:55!! Ouch..... There were alot of falls to!! Lol some related to lack of skill and fitness but definately made more painful and comical by the first off road in SPDs! Lol
    Cube Acid 2011
  • Squarepants
    Welsh_Tom wrote:
    So the bike is working. What time we meeting and what cars you guys go so I dont go talking to some odd ppl

You've got more chance of not talking to odd people if you don't find them Tom

Bunch of wierdos they all are mun :?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Silversladey
    Silversladey Posts: 450
    I'll be there @ 5:30 in my Sh*te silver Peugeot 307, But riding my nice red Lapierre
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    i'm gonna be to late i reckons which sucks butt :(
  • Welsh_Tom
    i'm gonna be to late i reckons which sucks butt :(
    I would not worry its like 500d c up here.
  • Welsh_Tom
    I'll be there @ 5:30 in my Sh*te silver Peugeot 307, But riding my nice red Lapierre

i will be 5-10 mins late but cu there
  • Sorry guys, got caught up at work and still got loads to do so coldn't make it :(
  • Welsh_Tom
    loads of dudes out. great ride, sorry for slowing everyone down with my newbew ness and my useless bronken bike. was good ride tho. and running up that hill with the bike on my bike was a bit of fun :lol:
  • What sort of times did u dio tonight guys so I know what I'm aiming for?? lol

That climb after the forest drive security hut thing is impossible!!
    Cube Acid 2011
  • Welsh_Tom
    What sort of times did u dio tonight guys so I know what I'm aiming for?? lol

we stoped a lot for me :P

but it was like 23-24 d-c so it very hot
  • Stanners79
    Stanners79 Posts: 81
    Do you boys now do the moors route each time or up the Tarmac?
    Orange P7 2007
    MOTM on first appearance 10/4/11
  • Welsh_Tom wrote:

I guarantee we'd of been fighting for that spot at the back!
    It was really hot today but my legs were shot on the last mile. And I'm sure I walked a 1/4 of the first uphill section . Lol
    Cube Acid 2011
  • oldstyle
    oldstyle Posts: 48
    not a bad run round
    started off as a small group but seemed to grow as ride went on !
    but a few deserters when "man down" :? and group suddenly shrunk again ...
    great time of day for a lap though .. :D
  • Jame
    Jame Posts: 16
    Welsh_Tom wrote:

lol. Couldn't have stopped anymore than you had to for me the other day.

Me and a mate are riding the dragon dh in mountain ash saturday around 10am for anyone up that way.
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    Nice one lads, only thought it was going to be myself Kev and sladey, maybe Tom good to meet you Tom, nice surprise to see del there nice 1 mukka, then turned around and Kel "oldstyle" was there with his mukka, and then the group got bigger as we was going as the late lads caught up, then the lads had to break away as time was ticking, but we had a good steady climb after that, trail was super fast, so the down was great, other than the sun through the trees light someone flashing a strong torch in your face on and off gggrrr.

No crashes, smiles all the way back to the carpark, happy days nice one lads, vids are uploading as i speak.

Where to on Sunday peeps hmmm? :)

Andrew as for times, think your on par with us lot without our major repair stops, hope to see you trail side soon.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Pr][nCe
    Stanners79 wrote:
    Do you boys now do the moors route each time or up the Tarmac?

we all did the proper trail other than one not mentioning no names Kev :oops: this time, but that uphill after the hut is still a beeeatch, but i had no foot dabs all the way around first time for me yay.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Welsh_Tom
    Thanks to all the dudes that waited for me and my bike today. fk you to the guys that left :cry: lol only joking, life must go on not everyone has time to wait, but dont you worry i will race you all some day :lol:

Tahnks again guys for fixing the thing.

i can not wait for sunday, if i can get the bike working. :roll:

on a skill note, i found it fast but harder to ride then monday, it feels like a lot of mud has been washed away, leaving bigger then bigger drops, and on a bike with 10mm of movement on the forks thast hard going.

but i got away with a big grin so its all good.

Nice to meet you all again some cool dudes we got here.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Yeh sorry i could join you lads had to meet somone at 8 and just needed to go round get home and shower lol.

Still cruised round in an an hour 3.. wondereing if i can get faster on this bike. but i seem to peaking weirdly lol.
  • welshkev
    oldstyle wrote:
    not a bad run round
    started off as a small group but seemed to grow as ride went on !
    but a few deserters when "man down" :? and group suddenly shrunk again ...
    great time of day for a lap though .. :D

great ride lads, thanks again for the lift daz/sladey. sorry i had to shoot off but i'd been given strict orders to be back by 8pm and it'd been a hard fought battle for me to get out at all so i needed to get back...sorry if it peed anyone off :(

i'll put the pics up that i took when i get them uploaded :D
  • Silversladey
    Silversladey Posts: 450
    Sorry if it upset anyone that Kev and I had too make some progress and get back,

Tom nice to meet you, I think as soon as you get a better or more reliable bike you will see a drastic difference in the course and will get a lot more enjoyment out of it.

Del sorry for stopping in front of you on a few technical sections , try not to clip in behind me i often stop in weird places.

Darren great to see you again, watching you effortlessly spin your bike over some of the rocky rooty tech sections was gutting.

Waylander, you didn't look to out of breath when you passed us, an hour on the big rig must be round the corner.

Kev, First time we have been out and i haven't come off, :shock: Thanks for showing me the right line down the descents I kept you within sight most of the way so I must be getting better.

lloydgt and Paul you were flyiing today, need to get some more fitness in to keep up with you guys.

Once again a big sorry to all the guys who we left just before Airstream.
  • welshkev
    here's some of the pics guys:

p4pb6677226.jpg

p4pb6677227.jpg

p4pb6677228.jpg

p4pb6677229.jpg

p4pb6677232.jpg

sorry tom, i missed you sneaking up behind me :D [/u]
  • Welsh_Tom
    welshkev wrote:
    here's some of the pics guys:

sorry tom, i missed you sneaking up behind me :D [/u]

i feel so unloved :lol:
    Sorry if it upset anyone that Kev and I had too make some progress and get back,

Tom nice to meet you, I think as soon as you get a better or more reliable bike you will see a drastic difference in the course and will get a lot more enjoyment out of it.

dont be soft dude, you had to go you had to go :P

nice to m8 you all again, sorry if i do ask you all again for your names, i got one or two but meeting 8-10 new ppl and trying to get all them name. dam :lol:
  • Pr][nCe
    Vids are up peeps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI9APyiWgXc 01
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD4ILe946BE 02
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6IGh5GCEaU 03
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7g6N9V6u20 04
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUhfqk-iznw 05
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q8QoemOlUc 06
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4NXZR1sPSk 07

Slady as always nice to see you mukka, it wasn't effortlessly :) there was serious effort going in there lol, first time for me todo all the uphill sections without a foot down dab, well happy.

haha good pics Kev :)

love the last 2 sections as they are dh and most of all you know what you got left in reserve, so you can just pump away to the end, Kel and i was on one most of the dh sections but the last 2 :wink:
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    Great quality vids, what gear are you using?
  • nice vids!

theres noooooo way im heading out with you lot! i bottled that rooty drop to the left of the tree on video 2 :oops:
    Cube Acid 2011
  • Stanners79
    Stanners79 Posts: 81
    I bottled it as well when I last went out with them though :)

going to stay a bit closer to home and get fitter and better on the trails before the drive over to Cwmcarn on a regular basis.
    Orange P7 2007
    MOTM on first appearance 10/4/11