south wales Rides?

Comments

• rhyko7
    rhyko7 Posts: 781
    In the car park 8:45 it is (or slightly before)

tidy dude see you there. I'm in a Blue Ignis Sport (don't forget the 'Sport' - it makes it slightly less poofy) facepalm.gif

cool see you there ile be in silver a saxo vtr, the VTR bit makes it extra chavvy lol
    Dont look at it-ride it! they are tools not f*cking ornaments

my riding:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rhyspect

Some of my Rides Data/maps:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/Users/527337
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Cool mate, Rhy have you got a presta valve pump, I seem to have lost my attachment and I'm rocking roughly 0 psi in both tubes
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Sambini
    Sambini Posts: 66
    Fair play chaps looked like you had a good time Thursday. Darren those vids are cracking.
    Anyone out Sunday morning
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    Sambini wrote:
    Fair play chaps looked like you had a good time Thursday. Darren those vids are cracking.

Cheers, im hoping to get out early Sunday morning as i have to get back to take mrs to work, can't do tomorrow been summoned to the beach for the day.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • oldstyle
    oldstyle Posts: 48
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]
    Sambini wrote:

Cheers, im hoping to get out early Sunday morning as i have to get back to take mrs to work, can't do tomorrow been summoned to the beach for the day.

ha --think i,m summoned to the beach as well today if yer around porthcawl keep an eye out for a Jimmy Hendrix sail .... :lol:
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    Whats the plans for tomorrow?
  • Squarepants
    Well Cwmcarn = FAIL for me today :?

Got quarter of the way round with Rhyko & mate and had to kick it in the a$$. Rhyko mentioned I was "the wrong colour" and I was sweating bucket loads; not like me. So white as a sheet I followed the road down from the crossing and came home :cry:

I've only got a sore throat but obviously what I have doesn't agree with strenuous activities.

Ah well lads, looks like tomorrow is off for me.

I HATE being ill!! What does it achieve, NOTHING :x
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Sambini
    ianm59 wrote:
    Whats the plans for tomorrow?

I'm up for a morning tootle. I'm happy to follow the crowd re destination. Need to be back afternoon so don't want to go to far. What about Manmoel etc
  • Sambini
    Well Cwmcarn = FAIL for me today :?

Got quarter of the way round with Rhyko & mate and had to kick it in the a$$. Rhyko mentioned I was "the wrong colour" and I was sweating bucket loads; not like me. So white as a sheet I followed the road down from the crossing and came home :cry:

I've only got a sore throat but obviously what I have doesn't agree with strenuous activities.

Ah well lads, looks like tomorrow is off for me.

I HATE being ill!! What does it achieve, NOTHING :x

Hay James

That's ying and yang for you. You can't expect to be ridding around on that beautiful new machine and not gave any comebacks :wink:

Get well soon mate
  • Squarepants
    Sambini wrote:
    Hay James

That's ying and yang for you. You can't expect to be ridding around on that beautiful new machine and not gave any comebacks :wink:

Get well soon mate

It's typical isn't it fella, I'm rarely I'll and have been looking forward to getting out with you lot this weekend. Annoying this is I feel 95% fine at the mo, but as soon as I try running, bike etc it rears its ugly head.

ah well boys there will be other weekends, have a good ride all, shred a berm or two for me :wink:
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • ianm59
    I know Phil is doing Manmoel but its a long one. I think they are riding up to Brecon area.
    Thats too long for me tomorrow, plenty of things I need to be doing.
    Anyone fancy a natural route at Cwmcarn. Head over towards Abercarn then back. Cracking route. 9.30 at carpark
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    I have spent most the day fixing old betey so I wont a ride up cwm. Who is game. James stop being ill :-D
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    sorry ian, no riding for me tomorrow, last open day at the nursery and then my weekend should be back to normal :D

james, i hope you get well soon mate, you didn't even get to blast down the good sections on your new beast!!

i'm off to north wales monday for 4 days with work (and the bike 8) ) so no evening rides next week but should be out next weekend :D
  • Squarepants
    welshkev wrote:
    james, i hope you get well soon mate, you didn't even get to blast down the good sections on your new beast!!

i'm off to north wales monday for 4 days with work (and the bike 8) ) so no evening rides next week but should be out next weekend :D

Cheers bud, I was gutted to have to come back down the road into the car park.

Lucky you going to NW, I've heard there's some awesome trails up there, have a good one. I should be fit by next weekend so hopefully we can all ride then :D
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Pr][nCe
    James get well soon mukka, starting to think you don't want to scratch your bike :)

Kev hope it goes great for ya mukka.

Andy did you do llantrisant forestry today after? wha you think? there again if you didnt latch on to any locals to show you the routes dunno what it be like what you find?

im up for an early run at Carn, 9:30 should be ok as i have to get back latest 12:30pm 45-55 minutes drive home. that run doable in that time Ian?
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • ianm59
    I reckon its doable in 2 hours. The only real climb is from CC to the moor. I reckon you'll enjoy it, something very differant.
    It will have to be a 9.30ish start. No time to service bikes at the start :? See you there
  • griffter
    griffter Posts: 52
    tbh 2hours for that route might be pushing it depends who's riding it, but i'll b there :) ignor my post im pissed :D:lol:
    cube ams 150 race 2011
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Going to fod tomorrow, there is a space in my motor
  • Welsh_Tom
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]James get well soon mukka, starting to think you don't want to scratch your bike :)

Kev hope it goes great for ya mukka.

Andy did you do llantrisant forestry today after? wha you think? there again if you didnt latch on to any locals to show you the routes dunno what it be like what you find?

im up for an early run at Carn, 9:30 should be ok as i have to get back latest 12:30pm 45-55 minutes drive home. that run doable in that time Ian?

i can do the red with you tomorrow if you like dude, bike is working.... i think :lol:
  • Pr][nCe
    Ian i trust your judgment 2 hour window i got, will be there ready for 9:30ish start, cya in the morning peeps.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • had my first ride around Cwmcarn today, awesome fun! started out mid afternoon, just after those showers passed through which made it pretty slippy... had a real struggle on the first part, every time i tried to get any momentum i'd catch my wheel on a rock or something and i'd have to walk it up to the next flattish bit... lungs were burning like fook!!

had the most hilarious crash as well, if I'd seen anyone else do it I'd still be laughing now... not that far from the end when the steep drop is on the left, back wheel went off the track, managed to get it back on but couldn't stop, was about to head straight off down the hill so i just had to slam on both brakes, went over the handlebars in slow motion - luckily my fat arse slammed against a tree so I didn't end up doing this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RalDsFio ... page#t=73s

want to do it again now!!!
  • Welsh_Tom wrote:
    " wrote:

:

Done the forest up there a couple of times. Not the longest single tracks but a nice blast around the top of the forest of about a couple of miles.

Although have headed up onto the ridgeway walk which was stunning if you just fancy getting out into the middle of nowhere on a bridleway style track.
    Cube Acid 2011
  • rhyko7
    rhyko7 Posts: 781
    welshkev wrote:

Cheers bud, I was gutted to have to come back down the road into the car park.

Lucky you going to NW, I've heard there's some awesome trails up there, have a good one. I should be fit by next weekend so hopefully we can all ride then :D

How u feeling today james? We were pushing on a bit but not that hard, you definately looked pale tho-i sometimes get that in the morning,coud just be an off day dude
    Dont look at it-ride it! they are tools not f*cking ornaments

my riding:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rhyspect

Some of my Rides Data/maps:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/Users/527337
  • Welsh_Tom
    Hi guys. I will give today a miss. I know some for you are on time limits, and I dont wont to slow you down. Take care.
  • oldstyle
    oldstyle Posts: 48
    Welsh_Tom wrote:
    Hi guys. I will give today a miss. I know some for you are on time limits, and I dont wont to slow you down. Take care.

tom doing a ride around 2pm - no rush got a 1st timer with me so prob go up some road as well . Your welcome to come along ....
  • Welsh_Tom
    oldstyle wrote:
    Welsh_Tom wrote:

tom doing a ride around 2pm - no rush got a 1st timer with me so prob go up some road as well . Your welcome to come along ....
    cool, thanks dude. Cu in the cp at 2.
  • Welsh_Tom
    had my first ride around Cwmcarn today, awesome fun! started out mid afternoon, just after those showers passed through which made it pretty slippy... had a real struggle on the first part, every time i tried to get any momentum i'd catch my wheel on a rock or something and i'd have to walk it up to the next flattish bit... lungs were burning like fook!!

had the most hilarious crash as well, if I'd seen anyone else do it I'd still be laughing now... not that far from the end when the steep drop is on the left, back wheel went off the track, managed to get it back on but couldn't stop, was about to head straight off down the hill so i just had to slam on both brakes, went over the handlebars in slow motion - luckily my fat ars* slammed against a tree so I didn't end up doing this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RalDsFio ... page#t=73s

want to do it again now!!!

welcome to the club :lol:
  • Not out today... hayfever is playing up big time :(
    Starting to look like conjunctivitis already :evil:
  • Welsh_Tom
    Not out today... hayfever is playing up big time :(
    Starting to look like conjunctivitis already :evil:

dont have much luck at getting out to lpay do you :lol:

get well soon dude
  • Squarepants
    Sorry to hear that Ben, hopefully u get sorted soon

Still feeling rough Rhyko thanks for asking. Hopefully be good for next weekend.

How was the ride then all?

EDIT: 100 pages of SWR! party0023.gif
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR