south wales Rides?

Comments

• Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    tidy nice one. Cable stretch?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • I guess so. I'm not a fan of setting up SRAM gearing, always struggle for some reason.

I'll get it in the bike stand tomorrow and see if I can sort it :)

Wasn't a very enjoyable ride today though... I wasn't really "in it".
  • Squarepants
    Yea know what you mean, I had a touch of that yesterday myself, it will be good to have a big ride again soon i.e. all the boys out..

I just tend to let my gears do what they want - when I adjust them they invariably get worse
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    its wet up cwm today, like i said i live local. yes i will be there at 9 not sure if i am riding or driving yet. i did ask my m8 but i think he is working.
  • Squarepants
    Cool Tom, see you there. Think I said before but I'm in a blue Suzuki Ignis Sport
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Welsh_Tom
    Cool Tom, see you there. Think I said before but I'm in a blue Suzuki Ignis Sport

how the hell do you get a bike in there?? :lol:
  • Squarepants
    Surprisingly it fits! I bought the car and then thought "ahh ball sniff" when I saw the boot with my bike in mind. But fold the seats down, take the wheels off and BEWSH in she goes :D
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    have a good one tomorrow lads..sorry i won't get to see the new bike james..i hope it kicks ass :D but i'm not sorry i'll have to try and keep up with gareth and his new record of 54 mins :shock: :lol: (i'm only jealous i'm not as fit as you gar)

i'll be in sainsburys in newport handing out leaflets for the new nursery if anyone wants to come and throw eggs at me :lol:

gutted i can't make it but hopefully it'll all be worth it soon. i have a 'quiet' week in work next week so i'm hoping to be able to get out for a ride one evening..anyone else up for it?

how was afan today guys?
  • Squarepants
    No worries Kev, hope all goes well at Sainsburys, lets hope they use free range eggs eh :lol: 54 minutes! yikes I thought 1 hr 23 was good ish. G don't feel obligated to hang around with us, if you fancy a quick round that's cool (don't like you anyway..) :D

Looking forward to it even though your not all out fellas, be sure to lambaste yourself profusely..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Welsh_Tom
    Surprisingly it fits! I bought the car and then thought "ahh ball sniff" when I saw the boot with my bike in mind. But fold the seats down, take the wheels off and BEWSH in she goes :D

how do you stop getting mud all over the car?
  • Welsh_Tom
    welshkev wrote:
    have a good one tomorrow lads..sorry i won't get to see the new bike james..i hope it kicks ass :D but i'm not sorry i'll have to try and keep up with gareth and his new record of 54 mins :shock: :lol: (i'm only jealous i'm not as fit as you gar)

i'll be in sainsburys in newport handing out leaflets for the new nursery if anyone wants to come and throw eggs at me :lol:

gutted i can't make it but hopefully it'll all be worth it soon. i have a 'quiet' week in work next week so i'm hoping to be able to get out for a ride one evening..anyone else up for it?

how was afan today guys?

i got a week off work. got some films to go see but give me a idea and hopefully i can make it. as long as james(if thats his name) dont beat me up and rob me of my 10 year old bike :lol:
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    Just got in from doing Afan W2, great day nice one Andy Stan, hope you both can get out of bed in the morning ;)

not got a clue how long it took us, but wet windy is an understatement lol
    bike going to get a full strip down and rebuild, as everything is grinding scuffing lol

Have a good un tomorrow lads :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Squarepants
    Ill make no promises Tom :lol:

All you'd have to do is ride off I'd never catch you on my slacker :lol: and yea it is James bud.

I never said I didn't get the car dirty :wink: I just don't care that much :D
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Stanners79
    Stanners79 Posts: 81
    Cheers Darren, I feel utterly broken lying on the sofa but was totally worth it and thanks for the encouragement.

I tracked the ride non my phone and it was just a shade over 20miles and about 6 hours. 4000ft of climbing, no wonder my legs and gooch ache!
    Orange P7 2007
    MOTM on first appearance 10/4/11
  • welshkev
    Stanners79 wrote:
    Cheers Darren, I feel utterly broken lying on the sofa but was totally worth it and thanks for the encouragement.

I tracked the ride non my phone and it was just a shade over 20miles and about 6 hours. 4000ft of climbing, no wonder my legs and gooch ache!

:shock: good ride lads :D

and tom, whatever you do, don't lend james a fiver :wink::lol: (only joking jimbo :lol: )
  • Squarepants
    :lol: never trust a man with a pink air freshener eh Kev.

Far play Stanners and Darren, sounds like it was a hell of a ride! glad everyone had a good time

Not sure I'd be alive at the end of that..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Stanners79
    Stanners79 Posts: 81
    I tried to pack it in half way round but they wouldn't let me!

Took a shortcut to avoid the whites climb, that would've finished me.

Saw some people put who seemed completely unprepared, several without helmets, no tools and some kids with bikes not suited to the trails.

Some of the rock drop offs made me a little twitchy in the rain, was certainly an experience today
    Orange P7 2007
    MOTM on first appearance 10/4/11
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    yea that guy old hardtail, scored to death 80mm front forks, old-vbrake canties and the rear one the cable had pulled through the allen pinch bolt no doubt due to him hanging on for dear life lol, almost slick rear tyre front not much better, no helmet, no gloves, no protection whatsoever. no water, no tools, no spares. :shock:

trail was not the best was it Stan, dug up rutted and major standing water, but i had fun :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Squarepants
    Tom, whats the weather like?! it's awful in Cardiff, please tell me it's sunny in CC! or atleast not a washout! blinking weather! :x
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Welsh_Tom
    Its raining. Not heavy but not slow. Its been raining most the night,
  • Squarepants
    I'm still up for it dude, one of the boys says he running slightly late, shall we say half 9 in the car park? The trail is brilliant in the rain, clears well and no mud to speak of plus the forecast said rain stopping about 9 for a bit.

9:30 then fella?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • itsmygame
    itsmygame Posts: 277
    930 tidy
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)
  • Welsh_Tom
    Ok dude. 9.30 I can get back in bed for a bit. I got 2 rain tops but no rain bottoms I for see yet balls all day :lol:
  • Squarepants
    was hoping you were on here G! cool then 9 30 it is, I got no rain gear whatsoever, got some nice heavy cotton long shorts though, they'll soak up all the moisture perfectly :?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Welsh_Tom
    Its really raining now lol. Fk off.
  • Squarepants
    It'll be fine :D

:?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Squarepants
    Well; it wasn't fine, it was absolutely wee wee ing it down.. Really good enjoyable ride though and nice to have Tom and James out (come on Jim get yourself signed in to BR) It did stop raining at points but we (I) was so wet by that point it didn't really matter.

To be fair to Jim even though he had a moment at the bottom he carried on and hopefully had a good ride despite the weather

001.jpg

Tom (can't really see him to be fair) and I taking the easy route up the road. Gareth did the red route and actually had to come down the road to find us, we're not unfit, he's just in freakishly good shape

002.jpg

Jim and I at the top (mental note for next time - Jim leave your phone at home! :lol:)

003-1.jpg

And at last, Gareth has decided to get himself a proper bike

0042.jpg

only joking :lol:

The Lap is so light, and Gareth - really impressed with your DH capability now, I was having to pedal to keep up at points fair play..

0052.jpg

Good round was had by all, thanks for waiting again G and have a good holiday

See you all soon
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • welshkev
    edited May 2011
    glad you had a good one guys :D

just for future reference jimbo, it's easier to take the fireroad (as if you were going to take the moors route) and then cut back in at giants fingre/corner than going up the road..it's shorter.

gutted agian that i missed it :(

where you off to on hols then gar?

P.S great pics btw and i love gareths new bike, much better than his zesty
  • Welsh_Tom
    lol great pics besides me doing my best to hide behind james. (i am on witness protection after all) lol only joking, i really did not know james (mk 2) was taking that or i would of jumped in.

The pics at the top almost make it look like it was a nice day, if only they had known.

i got home i was like a drowned rat. got wet in places i did not knon you, could get this side of a shower :P
  • Welsh_Tom
    ps its as sunny as sunny gets here now