south wales Rides?

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i'm only riding monday, i might get out for a quick local blast tomorrow though 8)

lee wants to do afan, anyone else up for it? i was thinking maybe W2? i think i'll struggle but we can have a nice break in between to eat some sarnies or something :lol:
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Do it from afan so can try the new cafe
  • Think I might be going for an early blast round cwmcarn on Sunday, doesn't look like i'll be going further afield... off to Breacon Beacons with the GF tomorrow for a day out, and sunday looks like the coolest day atm!
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    i'll do my best to ride CC Sunday too Ben? I'm having a late one sat night but should be good to go Sunday

DH again? 8)
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • haha, top man jimbo, if you don't want to drive I can pick you up if needs be lol!

Yeah DH sounds good!
  • welshkev
    Think I might be going for an early blast round cwmcarn on Sunday, doesn't look like i'll be going further afield... off to Breacon Beacons with the GF tomorrow for a day out, and sunday looks like the coolest day atm!

hmmm, what time is early? i may be persuaded.... :lol:
  • up to you lot :P

Early for me is anytime before 11 if today is anything to go off :lol:

Was thinking about 9-9:30 though, probably going to be heaving!
  • Sambini
    Sambini Posts: 66
    welshkev wrote:
    i'm only riding monday, i might get out for a quick local blast tomorrow though 8)

lee wants to do afan, anyone else up for it? i was thinking maybe W2? i think i'll struggle but we can have a nice break in between to eat some sarnies or something :lol:

Im up for Afan if evryone else is good to go. Might get another blast up Cwm carn aswell.
    Im assuming Afan is for Monday?

Keep posted for a Cwm Carn trip as If poss ill try and tag along :wink:
  • Squarepants
    Ben (employee of the decade) sweeet, legendary offer re the pick up, might just take you up on that dude.. 9/half 9 sounds good to me..

Get at it Kev you know it makes sense :lol: you fancy going from the top of the DH? Me and Ben do it regular now (at least twice :lol: ) and it's all rollable, gets the adrenaline flowing though

bra brrra
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Squarepants
    Sambini - Sorry missed your message, up for Sunday 9:30ish?

Anyone else?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Ben (employee of the decade) sweeet, legendary offer re the pick up, might just take you up on that dude.. 9/half 9 sounds good to me..

Get at it Kev you know it makes sense :lol: you fancy going from the top of the DH? Me and Ben do it regular now (at least twice :lol: ) and it's all rollable, gets the adrenaline flowing though

bra brrra

No probs, i'll txt you tomorrow night/be on here once time is sorted!

And what you you mean no air?! i'm clearly a good 5cm off the ground in the photo from a few weeks ago! Shame my face looked like i'd just sh!t a brick :lol:
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    prefer to-do W2 Monday, if a few out and we get an early-ish start?

if not going to have to-do the early start on Sunday at cwm.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • oldstyle
    oldstyle Posts: 48
    may join you guys sunday a.m ..as long as you aint going to be racing up :shock:
  • dandel36
    dandel36 Posts: 70
    Can't do monday :( so i up for a stint around cwmcarn :) sunday morning.

del
    dale prophet sl
    dale f4
    boardman urban
  • Pr][nCe
    Del that rock that hit my bike last time at cwm did crack my rear mech hanger, can see a fracture/crack in it right across where the bolts hold it in so i aint moving shite until new one comes lol.
    i did The Gap on it so hope it will last this weekends ride lol.

Looks like a Sunday ride at cwm then for me peeps. 8)

Ben James you doing the final section or you opting for the DH run? if so will bring full finger gloves and me fullface skid lid and come play :twisted:
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Squarepants
    Darren I'm up for riding from the top - always sh1t myself at least 1 million times on the way down but what a rush :lol: i still don't have my FF lid but still up (or Down) for it..

Looks like we've got another good turn out for tomorrow (Sunday) at Cwmcarn then..

9:30 in the car park or anyone fancying another time?

Ben I'll take you up on your extremely kind offer of a lift if that's OK bud
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Squarepants
    Hi mate,

We'll prob do the natural route up on to the moors and then join the freeride section. Do the red then peel off up to the top at the concrete ramp

hth
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Darren I'm up for riding from the top - always sh1t myself at least 1 million times on the way down but what a rush :lol: i still don't have my FF lid but still up (or Down) for it..

Looks like we've got another good turn out for tomorrow (Sunday) at Cwmcarn then..

9:30 in the car park or anyone fancying another time?

Ben I'll take you up on your extremely kind offer of a lift if that's OK bud

Yar, lift is fine.. what time should I be at yours?

I've got my FF helmet, but I don't fancy lugging it around the whole xc trail lol! Ive got no way to secure it :evil:

Up for the DH though!
  • welshkev
    i can't do tomorrow guys. no pass and TBH i still feel a little poo :(

i'll probably do a local loop by me monday then, there's an old quarry i've been wanting to explore for a while so it looks like the ideal day or it 8)

have a good day though, i want to try and get out and do a loop of cwmcarn one evening before i go away on thursday, anyone up for it?

EDIT: it's bloody raining and the skies are bright blue!!! how the fook does that happen?!?
  • welshkev
    I'm wanting to get round Cwmcarn one evening next week after work if thats not gonna be to late for you?
  • welshkev
    i won't be able to get there until about 6/quarter past 6. that too late for you? tues or weds?

and then i go to tenerife on thursday for 12 days 8) hopefully gonna get a ride in over there with lavatrax :D
  • Would be about right, I don't finish work till 5/5.15 so I doubt i'll be there till 6ish anyways!

I was going to head up on Wednesday, usually give a lad a lift so i'll have to tell him the bad news :lol:
  • welshkev
    cool, i'll see you there then weds. have a good day tomorrow guys :D
  • oldstyle
    righty oh i,m sorted to go , hows me going to recognise you lot in carpark -u flining a flag ?
  • oldstyle wrote:
    righty oh i,m sorted to go , hows me going to recognise you lot in carpark -u flining a flag ?

Blue peugeot 206 and i'll wear my big bright irn bru jersey!

On a black/white commy meta as per my sig!
  • oldstyle
    oldstyle wrote:

Blue peugeot 206 and i'll wear my big bright irn bru jersey!

On a black/white commy meta as per my sig!

ah remember shirt from pic I took of you - great i,ll be in a bright red vito van .
  • Sambini
    Sambini Posts: 66
    welshkev wrote:
    i can't do tomorrow guys. no pass and TBH i still feel a little poo :(

i'll probably do a local loop by me monday then, there's an old quarry i've been wanting to explore for a while so it looks like the ideal day or it 8)

have a good day though, i want to try and get out and do a loop of cwmcarn one evening before i go away on thursday, anyone up for it?

EDIT: it's bloody raining and the skies are bright blue!!! how the fook does that happen?!?

I know what you meen mate. it was raining on me yesterday and no clouds :roll:

Did cwm carn today for a spin with the new wheels. Good ride out across the mores with Ian and Sean.
    Kev If you fancy monday morning im up for a bit of a look about if you fancy :D

Cany make tomorrow guys i went wednesday and today so pushing the good will to try and get monday in :wink: Have a good one it was buitifull up there today
  • Pr][nCe
    oldstyle wrote:

04 Red Clio, roof bars and that bike on it
    |
    |
    |
    V
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Squarepants
    Right, just got back from aberwystwyth, the Ignis was an absolute pleasure in the lanes, stuck with rally traffic, what a car

Ok I'll get a few minutes sleep and Ben, shall we say 9 @ mine? txt me mate

Good morning!!
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR