south wales Rides?

Comments

• Itsari
    Itsari Posts: 346
    You guys flew around there today, don't think I can get around it in less than 2hours on a good day :(
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Lol thanks for waiting for us lads, and you didnt even wave when we went past.mean people
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    good ride guys, seen ti man bout half way round whilst fixing one of the lads front wheel cones that had worked very loose. and then he had 2 punctures.

but all got back in good time, nice to meet you Andrew sry we lost you whilst doing repairs next time remember the asthma pump :)

take it easy guys away this weekend might get out one day in the week after, if anyones out, like to get out do another trail centre anyone up for it, brekfa, coed-y-brenin what ya got in mind?

no time to edit vids so will just upload to youtube search for princeuker.
    l8rz peeps
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Itsari
    Lol thanks for waiting for us lads, and you didnt even wave when we went past.mean people

I waved as I was about to go up the numeracy - But you looked away when I raised my hand lol...At the time I felt it was a wate of a wave :P
  • oldstyle
    oldstyle Posts: 48
    did,nt realize we missed someone out ?
    the "i,m riding " list was getting shorter ever time I checked
    thought i,d be on my own by 6pm !

Great evening ride round nice cool breaze - uplift riders all gone so a take it as you want run down the downhill track .
  • Thewaylander
    I even made it there before 6 :( miserable sods :p

Still got to get a real good fast spin in with the house mates, the hour on the big bike is gonna be hard with the steep climb lol
  • oldstyle
    I even made it there before 6 :( miserable sods :p

Still got to get a real good fast spin in with the house mates, the hour on the big bike is gonna be hard with the steep climb lol

fek me hr a lap you should have passed us (twice)
  • Thewaylander
    It's not that bad actually really fit people can do Cwm red in 50 minutes.. i knwo a couple who can but never been able to myself i kinda max out on my climb speed lol
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    I reckon we should put this into context here. We know people are doing Cwmcarn in sub 40 minutes, but lets be honest, they are few and far between. An average time for Cwmcarn is generally about 1hr 30 ish. Fairly fit peeps will do it about 1hr 15ish.Really fit peeps will do 1hr and under.
    It's ok to have goals but the rides are surely all about having a bit of fun. My fast times are long gone, but I certainly enjoy myself more now than I ever did when I was constantly trying to better my time.
    We have a good group of riders here, of all abilities. I think the object of the rides are, just get out and ride and have a good craich. 8)
  • trigg780
    trigg780 Posts: 7
    i'll be needing a month or so to get fit enough for the climbs before i join you i think guys! :oops:
  • Pr][nCe
    We don't leave peeps behind, faster lads may break off if there is a big group but never left on your todd.

you like my high berm ride on the lower DH section
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WK9GVgMsFc lol :shock:

have a good un this weekend peeps, will try and make a ride mid week if not cya next weekend :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Itsari
    Don't you just hate it when you run out of berm xD
  • ianm59
    Darren, cracking vid.
    Trig, why dont you join some of the evening rides.
    As a group, no one gets left to be Billy-no-mates. Encouragement is the name of the game.
    I am from Pont we sometimes ride from Bryn Meadows or Manmoel. They are nice runs.
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Apparently part of Cwmcarn mountain is on fire at the moment. Bit worrying, dunno if it affects the dh or twrch though. Anyone got more info as me an a mate where gonna go up there tomorrow.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • oldstyle
    its was well from track when i pulled out tonight, fire engines where there so should be ok . It was behind the houses on the road just as you drive in..
  • trigg780
    trigg780 Posts: 7
    ianm59 wrote:
    Darren, cracking vid.
    Trig, why dont you join some of the evening rides.
    As a group, no one gets left to be Billy-no-mates. Encouragement is the name of the game.
    I am from Pont we sometimes ride from Bryn Meadows or Manmoel. They are nice runs.[/quote

cheers Ian a few more weeks and i'll Join you. :D
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Cheers for the heads up oldstyle, checked here before leaving this morn. Tackled the whole thing for the first time. Would have come in around two hours were it not for an excursion into a bramble bush and losing my chain twice. Fairly respectable given my total lack of fitness
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • Sambini
    Sambini Posts: 66
    Hey guys

sorry I missed the ride mid week sounds like you had a good one.
    I was up Scotland drtove up to Aberdeen and back.
    Some cracking country up there, think ill take the bike next time I go up.

Defo up for a ride in the coming week let me know and ill tag along.

Hay Ian I did a ride up over Wyllie on Monday ended up on Machen below the masts, it was stunning but get the feeling im probably missing the better sections. Think a guided mid week tour may be called for :D

Cant remember if it was north wales this weekend but if so have a good one guys stay safe and ENJOY :wink:
  • Sambini
    Hi all

anyone up for a 7.30 to 8.00 start up Cwm in the morning..

Anyone riding on monday?

Leon

those wheels are great, sort cash out next ride, you riding at all monday or maybe later in the week evening sesh?
  • ti man
    ti man Posts: 41
    Sambini wrote:
    Hi all

anyone up for a 7.30 to 8.00 start up Cwm in the morning..

Anyone riding on monday?

Leon

those wheels are great, sort cash out next ride, you riding at all monday or maybe later in the week evening sesh?

Thought you would like those wheels. Going on the dark side tomorrow [ road bike] you are more than welcome to join me monday riding Castell Coch and beyond ,some cracking riding over there. Message me if interested. I'll ride the HT keep you company
  • Sambini
    Leon

Did you get my pm :?:
  • ti man
    ti man Posts: 41
    Sambini wrote:
    Leon

Did you get my pm :?:

Not received a PM
    I will PM you my email , so you can let me know your plans
  • Sambini
    Just sent you an email
  • ianm59
    edited May 2011
    Just back from North Wales. WHAT A WEEKEND!!!!!!!
    Rode Nant y Arian on Friday, Gareth rode Mach as well ( fit bugger).
    Saturday Marin trail and Penmachno. Sunday, Dragons Back at Coed, Came back today Gareth di Mach again. I had to get back. Weather was stunning all weekend, temp yesterday was around 23.
    Stayed at HEULWEN B&B. Near Dollgellau. You can ride to the Coed trails from there. Stunning B&B. FAntatic views, Great breakfast, very bike friendly, Andy and Heulwen are a great couple. Genuinely recommend the place.
    Hats off to Gareth. Not only was his fitness very evident on the climbs but his DH skills have improved tremendously, makes you sick really.
  • griffter
    griffter Posts: 52
    Jealous as f@@k lads gutted couldn’t join you this year, weather held out unlike last year;) Ian glad you got 2 ride dragons back wot an awesome trail!! will be there next time!! hope all lads had a good one some of the best trails we will probably ever ride.
    cube ams 150 race 2011
  • itsmygame
    itsmygame Posts: 277
    oh man what a weekend end :D:D:D:D:D still smiling from ear to ear :D:D:D:D:D

the trails are awesome up there.... alot of hard work but it pays 10 fold. bike mecca. :D:D
    ianm59
    Hats off to Gareth. Not only was his fitness very everdent on the climbs but his DH skills have improved tremendously, makes you sick really.

your not so bad your self :oops: thanks for organizing an awesome weekend (and driving) its great to have such a diverse group, everyone wants to help everyone else. think i may have to start paying you for all the coaching :lol: .

...............................................................................................................................................

to all the guys who want to join our forum rides i want to back ian up. if your just learning/out of practice or as fit as a dead fish dont be put off joining us because of stories or comments you have read here or anywhere. i personally ride because i love it and just being out, i dont care if im out for an hour or 3 (occasionally i may have to get home for family commitments ). the point is dont miss out, its a great laugh with a great bunch of guys with varying levels of fitness and ability. WE ALL STICK TOGETHER !!!

think that covers it :shock: :D

ps NORTH WALES IS AWESOME AND I LOVE IT :D:D:D:D:D
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Hi guys, looks like I've missed loads this weekend, glad to hear you all had a good one :D

I've been in Belgium for a stag do watching a big closed road rally event, awesome..

I'll be out next weeknd guys feel like I haven;t seen you all for so long :cry:

:lol:

Nice to see some new 'faces' aswell, will look forward to meeting, riding and having a lugh with you all, see you soon amigos!
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Pr][nCe
    ah im back what did i miss peeps?

where to this weekend?
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • oldstyle
    U missed poor old Andrew who,s managed 2 stacks on downhill track since you been gone. His vids on fakebook bit cut and bruised but he's going to live .

Me bike back brake is u/s and booked into the doctors surgery for fri am if parts arrive .
    So may get out Fri evening if its done .
  • ianm59
    Anyone fancy an evening ride Thursday 5th? Either Bryn Meadows or perhaps Manmoel (weather permitting)
    Also was thinking of riding Brechfa on the 15th May. This will obviously be an all day event. Also car sharing would be good to share fuel costs. I am sure we can organise ourselves enough to do the car sharing.
    Thought the Raven trail would be good.
    Any takers