oh yea Brechfa sounds good!!! :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Sambini
    Sambini Posts: 66
    ianm59 wrote:
    Anyone fancy an evening ride Thursday 5th? Either Bryn Meadows or perhaps Manmoel (weather permitting)
    Also was thinking of riding Brechfa on the 15th May. This will obviously be an all day event. Also car sharing would be good to share fuel costs. I am sure we can organise ourselves enough to do the car sharing.
    Thought the Raven trail would be good.
    Any takers

Up in Derby tomorrow so probably won’t be back in time, anyway took a tumble on the weekend riding over Castle Cork with Leon and my shoulder is very tender at the mo-- "actually fell hard during the ride; not the OTHER fall I had at the start before we even started the proper ride, in front of about 30 cars :oops: !!!!! Will explain when we are all together but suffice to say IMBARRISING.

Anyway hope to be better for the weekend so probably won’t push it.

Defo up for the 15th Ian well sort car share and chip in petrol.
    Those tyres are great by the way, will sort out cash next time i see you.

Cheers lads glad you had a good weekend trip and look forward to plenty more :D
  • Sambini
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]oh Andrew what you like mukka :)

hope you get your bike sorted.

any idea on where we off this weekend?

oh yea Brechfa sounds good!!! :)

open to suggestions re the weekend, hopefully my shoulder will be a little easier and Ill be happy to tag along, Think ive got something on 2 oclock sunday but should be good any other time unless the wife has decided is prefer to do something else :lol:

see you soon
  • dandel36
    dandel36 Posts: 70
    hi guys
    i'm up for the 15th, haven't done brechfa yet.
    del
    dale prophet sl
    dale f4
    boardman urban
  • ti man
    ti man Posts: 41
    Sambini wrote:
    ianm59 wrote:
    Anyone fancy an evening ride Thursday 5th? Either Bryn Meadows or perhaps Manmoel (weather permitting)
    Also was thinking of riding Brechfa on the 15th May. This will obviously be an all day event. Also car sharing would be good to share fuel costs. I am sure we can organise ourselves enough to do the car sharing.
    Thought the Raven trail would be good.
    Any takers

Up in Derby tomorrow so probably won’t be back in time, anyway took a tumble on the weekend riding over Castle Cork with Leon and my shoulder is very tender at the mo-- "actually fell hard during the ride; not the OTHER fall I had at the start before we even started the proper ride, in front of about 30 cars :oops: !!!!! Will explain when we are all together but suffice to say IMBARRISING.

Anyway hope to be better for the weekend so probably won’t push it.

Defo up for the 15th Ian well sort car share and chip in petrol.
    Those tyres are great by the way, will sort out cash next time i see you.

Cheers lads glad you had a good weekend trip and look forward to plenty more :D

Nathan that comedy crash was bad enough with a 5 inch gash on your shin I didn't realize you hurt yourself further on in the ride also you seemed to be riding fine. Heal soon fellar :D
    Would like to make the Brechfa ride Mrs and weather permitting. Would be up for some riding tonite but weathers turned sour.
  • Silversladey
    Silversladey Posts: 450
    Brechfa sounds really good have ridden the Red, and Green/Blue and they were great so definitely up for the Black, as long as you all wait for me at the bottom.

Transport is a little bit of a problem but I am more than happy to chip in for fuel.
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Hi lads,

Hope you're all well.

I don't want to jinx myself (obviously just jinxed myself) but I think I've sold my GT :D

Local boy is picking it up soon so I know it sounds daft but I'm reluctant to ride this weekend just in case I do something stupid like bend it or something equally as infuriating..

I'm waiting on The Bicycle Doctor in Porth to take delivery of my new rig, I think I'm justified in calling it a rig :D and then I'll be even slower up the climbs :P but ohh I'll demolish some descents I hope :lol:

I'm like a kid at christmas, well more like a wound spring right now

Just hope this lad actually collects the GT now :? fingers crossed
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    I got a pass for Brechfa :)
    car is playing up a little but new fuel filter and some injector cleaner gone in it hope will sort it by then :) got room for 1 more bike if anyone up this neck of the woods. or will jump in with someone and chip in for fuel if they want to swing by and pick me up on the way past?

on a more near future note tho whats going on this weekend as the weathers not good at the moment but the weekend looking ok, went out for a ride yesterday so couldn't make today.

come on sun come back to Wales :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • itsmygame
    itsmygame Posts: 277
    hi guys....

im really struggling for time at the mo :cry::cry: and got stag do in 2 weeks.

should hopefully be able to swing brechfa no promises tho.

ps cant believe how gash the weather is, im only used to riding in the sun now :D

james what you getting (post link)

nath hows your shoulder?
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)
  • Squarepants
    Alright G

cube-hanzz-pro-mountain-bike-59826.jpg

I think it's safe to say I'm slightly excited about ^^

Should be in The Bicycle Doctor in Porth in the next 2 weeks or so, although I'm not going to be able to sleep until I pick her up :lol:

I'm no longer in need of that Avid bleed kit now G, never used it, urs for what.... tenner?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • lloydy-gt
    lloydy-gt Posts: 33
    James, if gareth doesn't want the bleed kit i might be interested as long as it fits my elixir r brakes. Gareth this time last week mate, what a difference! Weather was on our side:-)
    GT AGGRESSOR XC2 2009
    BOARDMAN TEAM FS 2010
    http://www.halfwayupmtb.co.uk
  • Squarepants
    no worries lloyd, I'm sure he'll lend it to you if he ends up having it anyway 8)
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Any ride tomorrow?
  • GJC
    GJC Posts: 198
    Hi Guys i am looking for some advice i have never ridden at cwm carn, i was thinking about trying it on monday day but i was wondering is it still fine to ride with this rain we are having?

Many thanks GJC
    Lapierre Spicy 316 2011
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Yup, possibly the best wet weather trail fullstop
  • Sambini
    itsmygame wrote:
    hi guys....

im really struggling for time at the mo :cry::cry: and got stag do in 2 weeks.

should hopefully be able to swing brechfa no promises tho.

ps cant believe how gash the weather is, im only used to riding in the sun now :D

james what you getting (post link)

nath hows your shoulder?

Shoulder still a little tender but my neck really bad, had to go to the physio yesterday as my neck went yesterday morning and been in pain since. dont know what happened but its defo ruined any riding plannes for this weekend. :(

Looks like im not going to make Brekfa as my misses was going away wit the kids and her mum but her mums dropped out so looks like im stepping in, Itll be nice break with the kids but was looking forward to that ride!!!

Anyway defo up for a mid week if my necks a little better, the Physio really gracked it twice so hoping itll be better in day or two.

speak soon
  • itsmygame
    itsmygame Posts: 277
    james.......... 8) wow shes a beaut. what you gonna call her lol? dont forget to get on ebay for a shed load of heli tape.

yeah its a deal for the bleed kit will get it next time we hook up.

sean .......... i'll lend it to ya :P .

just realized im on working ont he 15th :o :x gutted will try and get it off. got a month off after that so should be ride heaven lol.

nath thats bad news about your shoulder ive got a shed load of thera band if you want some to work on your shoulder. cant wait until we all get out again.
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)
  • concorde
    concorde Posts: 1,008
    Alright G

cube-hanzz-pro-mountain-bike-59826.jpg

I think it's safe to say I'm slightly excited about ^^

Should be in The Bicycle Doctor in Porth in the next 2 weeks or so, although I'm not going to be able to sleep until I pick her up :lol:

I'm no longer in need of that Avid bleed kit now G, never used it, urs for what.... tenner?

She's too fit to get dirty!
  • concorde
    concorde Posts: 1,008
    On second thoughts..... I like my birds dirty :)
  • Sambini
    Hi Chaps

Some advice from the experts :D

What do you think guys, fed up with messing about with my deore rear mech all the time cant seem to get it running smooth for more than a couple of rides before i have to sort the cable etc.

was looking on merlin and they are doing an SLX shadow set front and rear including shifters all in for £84.00 with discount. Is it worth the investment?
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    In a word "yes".
  • Squarepants
    Not sure what I'm gonna call her yet G, I'm having a logo made to go on my FF lid that reads Squarepants / Cube Hands :lol: thought that was quite funny..

I'm not going to want to get her dirty I know.. was the same with the GT, think I'm going to spend more time cleaning this one that riding it :oops:

Ohh yea heli tape nice one Ga, shall get on that..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Pr][nCe
    Nice bike James, get the heli tape on it, polish it up, take loads of photos, then chuck it down the track, and then you can ride it like you stole it :)

Weather holding out here at the moment might get an hour or so local blast in before the mrs comes home :P but going to get just as muddy and wet as if was raining hmmm lol, thats what a jet wash and washing machine and bath are for :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    So we can work out transport, who is up for Brechfa on Sunday.
    Me and Sean def going so a space in my car.
  • Hi all!

Long time no speak lol!

Bit random, but one thing after another and I'm now bikeless :(

Bike looks smart James!
  • Squarepants
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]Nice bike James, get the heli tape on it, polish it up, take loads of photos, then chuck it down the track, and then you can ride it like you stole it :)

Think heli taping it will take me a month :lol: will enjoy every second though.

Won't be out until I get the Cube, hopefully should be sometime this week

fingers-crossed.gif
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Squarepants
    Hi all!

Long time no speak lol!

What?!
    Bike looks smart James!

Thanks mate
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Hi all!

Long time no speak lol!

What?!

Very long story + 3 depressingly shite rides + lack of urge/faith to go riding (hence why i've not been on here for ages).

Got a cheap helmet and body armour if you're interested? lol!
  • Pr][nCe
    ianm59 wrote:
    So we can work out transport, who is up for Brechfa on Sunday.
    Me and Sean def going so a space in my car.

+1 for me im up for it
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Squarepants
    Very long story + 3 depressingly shite rides + lack of urge/faith to go riding (hence why i've not been on here for ages).

Got a cheap helmet and body armour if you're interested? lol!

Ahh seriously dude; that's a shame.. Last time we were out you nailed the DH.. Really sorry to heart that man, no plans to get back into it (stupid question?)

I've just sorted my lid but I'm sure someone will have it!

Bit of loss to the group I feel :(
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR