south wales Rides?

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    rhyko7 wrote:
    Hi Guys

Who did i ride with last saturday-its nice to put a name to a face (and a bike)?

i rode skyline this weekend as it is going to shut soon.

apparently the skyline isn't shutting for another 12-18 months according to afan facebook page, MBUK said it was shutting this summer :?

you rode with me, but i think you know that. :lol:

daz, sounds like there was a few crashes then? or was it just rocks bouncing up? - if it was crashes i hope you got proof on camera :lol:
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    I was at Cwmcarn on Sunday 10th? Seabright Blue Santa Cruz Heckler.

No crashes all rubber side down this time :P

just the rough terrain taking its toll on the bikes :evil:

Views to die for, Sun on your face, light wind in your hair, bugs in your teeth, Happy Dayz 8)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    rhyko you rode with me too, sh1t brown GT I drive 5.

glad you all had a good ride, I ended up riding the moors trail @ Cwmcarn with my mate, bearing in mind he hasn't ridden for time he stuck with me (says more about me eh..) and he stuck with me from the top of the double red DH :shock: he's a biker (on & off road) too though so he has some skills. Hopefully he's up for a few trips with us.

Where to this weekend then? :lol:
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Ended up on Skyline twice this weekend on loan bikes while mine was getting sorted.

So rode a Santacruz butcher and Nomad. Prefered the nomad over the Butcher and they were not bad, but to be honest well prefer my own Dune Glad to have her back running :)
  • welshkev
    BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY:

i had to put in capitals cos i got a pass :D woo hoo.

the gf is taking the boy out for the day with some of her other mates who happen to have popped out sprogs aswell so i'm free :lol:

anyone else riding next monday?
  • I dunno... maybe but its not likely that i'll have a pass :(

Was supposed to be out this weekend but we went to southerndown instead lol!
  • bah, I've got to work the bank holidays :(

going to be off the bike for a week or two, got a kidney infection!

The gap looks like an ace ride if a little rocky once you go through the path along the base of pen y fan. Is it a lot of fireroad?
    Orange P7 2007
    MOTM on first appearance 10/4/11
  • Sambini
    Sambini Posts: 66
    welshkev wrote:
    BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY:

i had to put in capitals cos i got a pass :D woo hoo.

the gf is taking the boy out for the day with some of her other mates who happen to have popped out sprogs aswell so i'm free :lol:

anyone else riding next monday?

Im up for it.
    Not yet sure what im doing family stuff but will aim to leave monda free!! :wink:

Brilliant ride yesterday had to surgically remove my sadle from my arse after it but great fun. (Bloody hard tails :D
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    I could be up for it, I'm really enjoying that moors route and then the DH up CC, might do Sunday & Monday if poss :D
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Thewaylander
    Tempted on driving down to brechfa to do both trails one day...

Though some of the beacons trails are meant to be good, heard mixed things about the gap? anyone actually ridden it?
  • Sambini
    :?: :?:
  • Pr][nCe
    lmao?
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • welshkev
    [quote=" anyone actually ridden it?[/quote]

did you not read the previous posts or see the pics or videos bri? :lol:
  • Sambini
    Sambini wrote:
    :?: :?:

Sorry chaps

My message was meant to ask if anyone was riding on thursday
  • Thewaylander
    welshkev wrote:
    [quote=" anyone actually ridden it?

did you not read the previous posts or see the pics or videos bri? :lol:[/quote]

Not really only get to glance in at work sometimes, so was hoping for a condensed veiw of the trail :p
  • Pr][nCe
    I got a pass for Monday 8)

bike back up and running replaced another spoke and nipple, and re trued.

ordered DT Swiss prolock black nipples will replace the alloy ones once they arrive, as they look great but for what i use the bike for they just not up to the job as this is the 3rd sheered nipple in the same amount of months.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • welshkev
    i've got some sort of lurgey thing :( been off work today, didn't get out of bed until 2.30pm!! hope i'm better by the weekend, what's everyone's plans?

me and daz have a pass for monday, what's everyone else up to?
  • GWS Kev!

I'm not sure what i'm doing this weekend. I'm not riding Cwmcarn though, I might end up over Afan or something!
  • concorde
    concorde Posts: 1,008
    The Gap doesn't look very appealing to me I gotta be honest. Some lovely views by the looks of it but the rockyness??? Really worth it?
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Concorde wrote:
    The Gap doesn't look very appealing to me I gotta be honest. Some lovely views by the looks of it but the rockyness??? Really worth it?

it's probably best avoided on bank holidays and so on as would be full of walkers, quite fun on a rigid many years back.

I'd be hunting else where for my MTBing than a honeypot area such as Pen Y Fan
  • welshkev
    Concorde wrote:

it's probably best avoided on bank holidays and so on as would be full of walkers, quite fun on a rigid many years back.

I'd be hunting else where for my MTBing than a honeypot area such as Pen Y Fan

they rode the gap last weekend, so no worries about walkers - well, not as many :lol:

everywhere's gonna be rammed this weekend with the weather like this, i might look at not doing a trail centre, what you think guys? i fancy machen or wyllie if someone wants to show us around? 8)
  • Sambini
    defo up for a bit of into the wild mayhem, Machen, wyllie sounds good to me.
    Got my new wheels on now so Im all chaved up :)

Think we need a leader though!!
  • Thewaylander
    Hoping to hit FOD with Taz the housemate then some local rides including machen but it's been a 8 months since i been up there can't remember half the trails :s

Time to go get myself lost :p
  • Pr][nCe
    just come back from afan loving this weather :)

whos going where this weekend peeps or should i say Monday as i got deffo pass for Monday
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • rhyko7
    rhyko7 Posts: 781
    who is riding where this weekend then?
    im off until wednesday now, just been fixing my ReignX up for gnarly all mountain rides
    Dont look at it-ride it! they are tools not f*cking ornaments

my riding:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rhyspect

Some of my Rides Data/maps:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/Users/527337
  • I can ride fri, sat sun or mon lol...

Depends where youguys are headin i guess!
  • Thewaylander
    Im up for riding when ever where ever, i think all days, just gotta get this monster front tyre on to make me work hard and get fitter
  • rhyko7
    rhyko7 Posts: 781
    Going to change front rim today,then ride tomorow,unless I get all my stuff done,then I can ride later
    Dont look at it-ride it! they are tools not f*cking ornaments

my riding:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rhyspect

Some of my Rides Data/maps:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/Users/527337
  • Thewaylander
    Just had a good raz round cwm, raced the cwm down van at one point which was fun. New dh minion was super grippy. Anyone riding tomorrow?