south wales Rides?

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    as long as i'm not at the nursery that sounds good 8)
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    edited April 2011
    just been down LBS had damn circlip and washer missing of my sram xo rear mech, new that damn stone hit somit gggrrr. cant get spare parts so need to aort something out as if i loose the pin im screwed thats a new rear mech

Jamie "bicycle doctor" said about going out for a ride with the blackwood lads or somit next week is that this weekend or next?
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    I'm 'introducing' two of my mates to Cwmcarn this weekend lads. My thoughts are to take them out solo (one has ridden a lot before and has a Stumpjumper; the other has done 0% riding and has no gear/lid - nothing..) so may not be wise to chuck em in with all us lot for starters as they maye feel a little out of their depth.

Will be gutted if I miss the Manmoel ride but hopefully will plan out in the long run as we may have two more tidy boys out with us. I'll prob be up Cwmcarn @ 10 on Sunday, will prob do the natural moors route as i really like that now - assuming it's not too wet.

If anything changes I'll let you know but have a good ride whatever fella's. .

As they say in Llandow..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • ti man
    ti man Posts: 41
    ianm59 wrote:
    If the weather is Ok does anyone fancy Manmaoel(near Blackwood). Well tidy natural ride. Nothing silly, just some good natural trails. Climbs are not too bad :roll:
    What day are you thinking of riding Ian ?

Prince.... I am sure I have got a sram xo [ old model ] with new jockey wheels hanging about somewhere..

Sambini.... depending on what day Ian's riding I can bring those wheels with me for you to have a look at. They wont be as much as what you got in mind..

Perhaps the Brecon Beacons another day ...
  • lloydy-gt
    lloydy-gt Posts: 33
    I've got a pass :D:D:D (for sunday)
    GT AGGRESSOR XC2 2009
    BOARDMAN TEAM FS 2010
    http://www.halfwayupmtb.co.uk
  • Sambini
    Sambini Posts: 66
    Hi Chaps

Defo up for a ride on the weekend. would like to try Machen etc so let me know and ill be there.

Leon
    Cheers mate about the wheels, Think theyd be great on my bike. Keep in touch and well tie up on the weekend.

Would I have to get shimano rotors for them? cant remember what you said on that front
  • Sambini
    I didnt get home from work untill 7.30 tuesday so Gutted i missed the ride. Cheers Gareth for texting me but hope to get a good few rides in mid week now the summers coming!!!

Anyway im working from home tomorrow so aiming for a burn in the evening anyone interested let me know if not ill take a ride up Machen on my lonesome. :?:
  • welshkev
    why didn't i think of this before, if i can't get pads and my brake bled in time on my full susser why don't i just swap the one brake from my hardtail instead of riding that pile of poo again :? :lol:
  • lloydy-gt
    lloydy-gt Posts: 33
    Anyway im working from home tomorrow so aiming for a burn in the evening anyone interested let me know if not ill take a ride up Machen on my lonesome. :?:[/quote]couple of us should be out tommorrow evening, don't know where yet! Will keep u posted:-)
    GT AGGRESSOR XC2 2009
    BOARDMAN TEAM FS 2010
    http://www.halfwayupmtb.co.uk
  • itsmygame
    itsmygame Posts: 277
    right guys............... i got a pass 2 :lol::lol::lol:

sat or sunday is fine. ian, would love to try the manmoel thingy . cheers for the bobs and bits :D .

ill go with the majority really. i may even be able to get out tomorrow night as well :?: :?: :?:

ps loved the machen ride yesterday. still smiling.
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)
  • Sambini
    Sounds good guys, Just realised ive got a flat on the back from sunday so a bit of TLC tomorrow and hopefully see some of you tomorrow evening!!!
  • Pr][nCe
    ti man wrote:
    Prince.... I am sure I have got a sram xo [ old model ] with new jockey wheels hanging about somewhere..

I only need the damn circlip and little black washer/seal from a 2008 sram xo, will try and hunt down a circlip, eclip or something to hold the damn thing on.

cheers mukka
    Darren.

where to this weekend lol?
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • oldstyle
    oldstyle Posts: 48
    lucky boy then ! another pic

215888_10150213726528338_780483337_8698385_2740793_n.jpg
  • Sambini
    :?:[/quote]couple of us should be out tommorrow evening, don't know where yet! Will keep u posted:-)[/quote]

Nice one let me know and hopefully meet up
  • Itsari
    Itsari Posts: 346
    Why do I now have an urge to go out and buy some bru?
  • itsmygame
    itsmygame Posts: 277
    Itsari

have i seen you riding around cwmcarn with your dog in tow?
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)
  • Pr][nCe
    Good pics Ben, thought you would have been off that wall drop this time :shock:
    happy dayz :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • cwmboyo
    cwmboyo Posts: 114
    jamie is meeting me at 9 for a local ride around wyllie and machen
    why walk when u can ride!!

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • welshkev
    ti man wrote:

. I am sure I have got a sram xo [ old model ] with new jockey wheels hanging about somewhere..

what colour mech is it? how much would you want for it? :D
  • Sambini
    Itching to have a tootle tonight, anyone else???
  • welshkev
    i'd love to mate but i don't think i'll be home from work in time :(

i hate my job :x
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Would love too, but my bike is in bits, I've beaten down my 36 talas, and my freewheel hoping to drop the fork into MoJo tonight :)
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Would love too, but my bike is in bits, I've beaten down my 36 talas, and my freewheel hoping to drop the fork into MoJo tonight :)
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    This evening we are doing some riding at Manmoel. Starting at about 6.
    For Sunday I dont mind if you guys still fancy the Gap. The weather forecast is OK.I am up for whatever really.
  • oldstyle wrote:

215888_10150213726528338_780483337_8698385_2740793_n.jpg

Awesome cheers! where did you find that one? You take it? :D
  • Itsari
    Itsari Posts: 346
    itsmygame wrote:
    Itsari

have i seen you riding around cwmcarn with your dog in tow?

Wouldn't of been me I'm afraid - My dog's too lazy to run and too stupid too follow xD
  • oldstyle
    oldstyle Posts: 48
    oldstyle wrote:

yep .off me cam .. :D
  • welshkev
    oldstyle wrote:
    oldstyle wrote:

yep .off me cam .. :D

he's quite easy to pick out in that jersey isn't he :lol:
  • welshkev
    no riding for me sunday guys :(

i'm going to be fitting a kitchen and some toilet cubicles

but i'm hopefully going for a blast around cwmcarn on monday late afternoon/early evening if anyone else is around? 8)