south wales Rides?

Comments

• Itsari
    Itsari Posts: 346
    welshkev wrote:
    no riding for me sunday guys :(

i'm going to be fitting a kitchen and some toilet cubicles

but i'm hopefully going for a blast around cwmcarn on monday late afternoon/early evening if anyone else is around? 8)

If ya lonely I'll scoot up 8) - Been awhile since I've done any real climbs so you may have to put up with me mumbling about people putting hills on mountains :roll: :lol:
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    managed to get a e-clip from maplins, 3.2mm internal, 3.5mm original nothing a little gentle draw filing couldn't sort out :)

happy dayz :)

i will just go ride with the majority wherever that may be lol.

The Gap?
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    The GAP seems to be the place of choice for Sunday
    Leon or Paul where is the best place to meet, Talybont on Usk??
    Because of the distance getting there, would a 9.45 meet for a 10.00 prompt start suit every one. Ride around 3 ish hours I think.
    Maybe someone can tell us the time/ distance of it.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    ianm59 wrote:
    Because of the distance getting there, would a 9.45 meet for a 10.00 prompt start suit every one. Ride around 3 ish hours I think.

gutted, i really wanna do this ride. but ah well, i'm sure they'll be another day. have a good one guys 8)
  • mikeyj28
    mikeyj28 Posts: 754
    I'd love to ride the GAP. I live in Radyr (just north of Cardiff) and wonder abouty riding the GAP and around the Brecon area. Bit crazy as i ride the Builth merida and do a lot of XC races but never ridden Brecon area or the Taff Trail from Brecon/Talybont on Usk to Merthyr.

Maybe a dumb questions but whats it like and is it a good ride?

Is it mostly XC or places with a lot of downhill?

Thanks guys
    Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.
  • ianm59
    Bit XC really . Long steady climb to start. Over MTN up to Gap then nice descent. Nowt Downhillish.
  • ti man
    ti man Posts: 41
    ianm59 wrote:

Ian.. I think the best place to meet is the entrance to the Brecon mountain railway CF48 2UP by the Pub Y Pant Cad Ifor its only about 12 miles from Blackwood. The GAP route then is roughly 30 miles.
    9.30 am start Sunday morning what you reckon ? ...
  • Pr][nCe
    is that 25 miles of downhill ;)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Sambini
    Sambini Posts: 66
    Hi Chaps

Really enjoyed Manmoel last night, Sure I had nightmares about that dog :shock:

Defo up for the GAP on sunday, Ian Ill probably meet over yours and follow you what time you leaving from yours???

Gutted Kev but 5 years from now all the hardwork will be more tha worth it and like you said im sure there be plenty of other chances for us to get back over there.

Leon looking forward to seeing those wheels, Ive convinced myself they are going to improve my ryding by 10. :lol:
  • welshkev
    Sambini wrote:
    Hi Chaps
    Gutted Kev but 5 years from now all the hardwork will be more tha worth it and like you said im sure there be plenty of other chances for us to get back over there.

:

that's what i'm hoping mate, fingers crossed :D

i did a 15 mile commute today so not all's bad.

itsari: i'll let you know what time monday, it'll be about 4.30ish, anyone else up for it?
  • Pr][nCe
    So who is going where on Sunday?

hope someones doing the gap at my pace? or i might have to opt for a slow ride with James and chums at cwmcarn.

don't want to be holding all you fit lads up you see.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • dandel36
    dandel36 Posts: 70
    i'm up for the gap sunday :) , check postcode brecon should l have np code. :roll:

Daz- if its 30 miles we can hold each other up at the back :)

del
    dale prophet sl
    dale f4
    boardman urban
  • ti man
    ti man wrote:
    ianm59 wrote:

Ian.. I think the best place to meet is the entrance to the Brecon mountain railway CF48 2UP by the Pub Y Pant Cad Ifor its only about 12 miles from Blackwood. The GAP route then is roughly 30 miles.
    9.30 am start Sunday morning what you reckon ? ...

Prince wrote
    Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:14 pm Post subject:
    So who is going where on Sunday?

hope someones doing the gap at my pace? or i might have to opt for a slow ride with James and chums at cwmcarn.

don't want to be holding all you fit lads up you see................

Prince. No one will get dropped[ with plenty of rest points when needed ] its a fair few hours out with fantastic scenery with some good climbs and a good few descents.

SO WHO'S UP FOR THIS AND WHAT TIME
  • Sambini
    im game

9.30 start good for me. Hope to follow Ian over so I imagine leave here 8.30 ish?
  • Pr][nCe
    I'm up for the gap run. count me in.
    Del your a star and nice one lads, i got the stamina to keep going just not got the legs to go at your pace :oops: more time in the saddle needed and perhaps some liposuction as i can't make me bike any lighter lol.

so the entrance to the Brecon mountain railway CF48 2UP by the Pub Y Pant Cad?

stick that in me twatnav hope it will get me their.

So what time peeps?
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Hope you have a good one Darren + everyone else.

I'm riding with a mate who hasn't been out in ages so think he'd feel more comfortable around Cwmcarn at his own pace (we're all a great bunch of course and don't mind waiting but think it would be better for him if we're tootling around first time by our lonesome) He's a top fella so hopefully if he's game we'll have another rider along soon, plus his bro so should be all good.

Have a great ride lads, sorry I can't make it but will see you all soon

peace in the middle east..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Sambini
    looking at the weather you should have a good one up the cwn carn.

Have a goos one :!: Im trying to figure out how to carry loads of water withoug a camel bac :?: :?:
  • ti man
    Sambini wrote:

Have a goos one :!: Im trying to figure out how to carry loads of water withoug a camel bac :?: :?:

Nathan theres a shop in Talybont thats about half way round so take some money :D
    See you peeps 9.30am
  • ianm59
    Is the Pub y pant next to pont stic. Thats whats shown on bing maps. See you there about 9.25 ish. Me sean and Nathan
  • Pr][nCe
    edited April 2011
    this postcode CF48 2UP on google maps shows a Ty Gronfa B&B? with the Red Cow Inn just down the road. and the aa route planner same place just about.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • welshkev
    it's of no help at all as i'm not coming, but i know exactly where you're meeting :lol::lol::lol:
  • ti man
    Try this post code Pant Road, Pant, CF48 2DD, Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
    just follow the brown signs for the Brecon mountain railway.. LOL..
  • Pr][nCe
    ti man wrote:
    Sambini wrote:

Nathan theres a shop in Talybont thats about half way round so take some money :D
    See you peeps 9.30am

i have a spare camelbac, just a std one, not sure if its 1l or 1.5l will bring it along, more than welcome to lend it.

Will bring a bag of Jelly Babies :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Pr][nCe
    Just a few pics taken today.
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... The%20Gap/

will sort vids out asap.

Great day peeps, bikes need a little TLC after todays run lol

we all got back tho sorted :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • welshkev
    looks like you had a great day out guys :D

don't hold it against me but me and my dad used to go hill walking all around that area and i've always thought it'd be a good ride :D

i did about a 20 miler on the way to work this morning, rode from my house up over to cwmcarn, did the DH sections and then rode down the canal to newport - the best commute ever :lol:
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    I attempted Cwmcarn today. Due to a navigational ballsup me and my mate ended up cutting out half the course and found ourselves emerging at the bit near Twmbarlwm, so just did the last couple of sections. Probably for the best as I was knackered the whole time. The downhill section is awesome though (even if I did come flying off of a berm). Can't wait to tackle the whole thing once I sort out my fitness levels.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • Itsari
    Itsari Posts: 346
    I may not be up to riding tomorrow if you're still going after that epic commute, come down with some flu thing - Killing it with lemsip hopefully but feeling like carp :cry:

Glad you enjoyed the carn Clamps :D btw was there a lot of emergency crews up there today or was my buddy telling me lies?
  • Pr][nCe
    welshkev wrote:
    looks like you had a great day out guys :D

don't hold it against me but me and my dad used to go hill walking all around that area and i've always thought it'd be a good ride :D

i did about a 20 miler on the way to work this morning, rode from my house up over to cwmcarn, did the DH sections and then rode down the canal to newport - the best commute ever :lol:

Was a good hard run,
    me a puncture and sheered spoke nipple.
    3 punctures for Paul think its Paul,
    1 snaped spoke and a mashed rear mech for ti man

sounds like you had a blast happy dayz :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Itsari wrote:
    Glad you enjoyed the carn Clamps :D btw was there a lot of emergency crews up there today or was my buddy telling me lies?

I saw one as I was leaving, but wouldn't surprise me if there a lot more due to the sheer volume of people there. It was absolutely packed.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • rhyko7
    rhyko7 Posts: 781
    Hi Guys

Who did i ride with last sunday-its nice to put a name to a face (and a bike)?

i rode skyline this weekend as it is going to shut soon.
    Dont look at it-ride it! they are tools not f*cking ornaments

my riding:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rhyspect

Some of my Rides Data/maps:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/Users/527337