south wales Rides?

Comments

• Got to work on the bike absolutely sweating my arse off, my jacket isn't the most breathable! May brave shorts and long sleeve shirt tomorrow (sods law it will rain).

9 is fine for me on Sunday, what signs do I need to follow to get to the site? Is it marked as a MTB centre or visitor centre/park?

edit: are you all racing snakes then if you can get round in an hour and a half?!
    Orange P7 2007
    MOTM on first appearance 10/4/11
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Stanners79 wrote:
    Got to work on the bike absolutely sweating my ars* off, my jacket isn't the most breathable! May brave shorts and long sleeve shirt tomorrow (sods law it will rain).

9 is fine for me on Sunday, what signs do I need to follow to get to the site? Is it marked as a MTB centre or visitor centre/park?

edit: are you all racing snakes then if you can get round in an hour and a half?!

you coming down the m4? take juncyion 28, follow the signs for the scenic drive towards risca.
  • welshkev
    Stanners79 wrote:
    Got to work on the bike absolutely sweating my ars* off, my jacket isn't the most breathable! May brave shorts and long sleeve shirt tomorrow (sods law it will rain).

you coming down the m4? take juncyion 28, follow the signs for the scenic drive towards risca.
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    Pm sent Stan, it's more or less straight forward, got me number now incase u get stuck.

ps, well im noware neer racing snake lol
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • dandel36
    dandel36 Posts: 70
    cheers Daz
    been a few weeks without riding :( so need to get back into it, :D:D

del
    dale prophet sl
    dale f4
    boardman urban
  • Is parking free?

An hour and a half seems rather quick to get round it to me!
    Orange P7 2007
  • cwmboyo
    cwmboyo Posts: 114
    Ian, i got a load of guys coming down to meet me on the 16th from the bicycle doctor do you fancy joining?
    why walk when u can ride!!

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Car parking at Cwm is messy but free :p
  • welshkev
    Stanners79 wrote:
    Is parking free?

An hour and a half seems rather quick to get round it to me!

it'll be closer to 2 hours if we stop and chat like ususal :lol:

don't worry about it, i'm crap at climbing so you can ride with me :lol:
  • welshkev
    so so far there's:

me
    gareth
    darren
    del
    james
    stan?
    sean?
    nathan?
    lee?

i'm sure we'll see ian and paul on their uplift at some point as well 8) sladey i guess you're working as you haven't commented?
  • Thewaylander
    be aware the 18K it states is way out its about 14.5 but steep
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    cwmboyo wrote:
    Ian, i got a load of guys coming down to meet me on the 16th from the bicycle doctor do you fancy joining?
    Where are you meeting and what time? should be a good ride.
    Will be at CC on Sunday. Doing the uplift. Hope you guys have a good ride May see you down there.
  • welshkev wrote:
    so so far there's:

me
    gareth
    darren
    del
    james
    stan?
    sean?
    nathan?
    lee?

i'm sure we'll see ian and paul on their uplift at some point as well 8) sladey i guess you're working as you haven't commented?

I am working Sunday, and moving house next week so putting stuff into storage ready. unfortunately this means no time to ride for me for at least a week :cry::cry::cry:

I am putting the bike in for a service and having a new front wheel built, also replacing and upgrading to SLX Chainset, Chain, and Cassette and also a nice new bottom bracket.

Costing a fortune but she's worth it :D:D:D
  • Thewaylander
    going 2*10 mate?
  • going 2*10 mate?

I thought about it, don't really understand the gearing, is the small ring the same as a granny on a triple and the 2nd ring a bit bigger than a conventional 2nd :? :oops: :?

Think i will be boring and stick with what i no :)
  • welshkev
    where you moving to mate? llanyrafon?

yeah a 2x9/10 is usually a 22t granny and a 36t big where a normal chainset is usually a 34t middle ring.

i love my double and bash but i don't do as many miles as you :lol:

gareth i'll text you aswell but do you want a lift?
  • itsmygame
    itsmygame Posts: 277
    james........... please please please can i borrow your bleed kit if you come.

stan......... dont worry we are like marines...........leave no man behind :D , seriously everyone waits for everyone.

del..........welcome back bro, will be good to see you again.

cwmboyo..............whats the bicyle doctor?

2 all.......................... SEE YOU SUNDAY AT 9 :lol::lol::lol:

ps anyone heard off ben? has he died or something.
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)
  • itsmygame
    kev.........a lift? yes please!!!!!!! u r awesome :D:D:D:D

welshkev
    i'm sure we'll see ian and paul on their uplift at some point as well Cool sladey i guess you're working as you haven't commented?

yes sladey is working.

i was thinking about switching to a 5*10 just to cover any ride :lol:
  • cwmboyo
    cwmboyo Posts: 114
    itsmygame wrote:
    james........... please please please can i borrow your bleed kit if you come.

stan......... dont worry we are like marines...........leave no man behind :D , seriously everyone waits for everyone.

del..........welcome back bro, will be good to see you again.

cwmboyo..............whats the bicyle doctor?

2 all.......................... SEE YOU SUNDAY AT 9 :lol::lol::lol:

ps anyone heard off ben? has he died or something.

its a shop in porth
    why walk when u can ride!!

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • Thewaylander
    My new slowest time round Cwm last night with a smidge over an hour 40.... Ended up spendingover 30 minutes trying to get my tyre bead out after a flat lol, much swearing and screaming was done.

Never had a bead so tight. Ps troops i will be there again tonight starting hopefully between 5.45-6 this eveing :)
  • Sambini
    Sambini Posts: 66
    9 AM good for me, see you all there. Hope the suns out 8)
  • I'm baaaaaaaaaaaacckkkkkk!!

Hahaha! Sorry I've been uber quiet recently its been mental for me for the past few weeks!

So, wappening homies?what have I missed?!
    Can't browse proper cus i'm on the phone!

what's the deal this weekend?

Sladey i need to send you a pm re: Bars if you're still interested?
  • itsmygame
    hi mate its been emotional since you left us :lol:

we are meeting 9am cwmcarn sunday. i know its even earlier but a couple of us got stuff to do.

are you coming?

hope everythings good.

JAMES......did you read my post about borrowing your bleed kit? cheers bro.
  • 9am..... sounds early!

But i'l be there... sounds like you guys need someone to look after the back of the group!
  • oh and I've resigned my flat contract this morning.. turns out its pretty good down here in wales :P
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    Welcome back, YOU WAS THINKING OF LEAVING US???!!!! gggrrr :)

cya all in the morning
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • ti man
    ti man Posts: 41
    Hopefully going to make this , I think I know what some of you look like now. Be riding the HT for a change ..
  • Hi Stan,

I posted this on another thread; I've directly lifted it from there so sorry about the superfluous language but I don't have time to to edit it at the mo :D

I really firmed by 5's up by setting the deadband (the amount the lever moves before it activates braking) by whipping the wheels off and pumping the pads in with the lever until they're about 1mm apart, slide in the bleed blocks to push the pads apart (but not all the way - this a suck it and see/trial and error procedure) and you should be able to set them until they have almost 0 movement in the levers before they bite.

Then tri align them again (undo caliper mounts, pull and hold lever whilst tightening up caliper bolts to ensure the caliper is 'square' on the disc) and bolo's your familiars uncle

I have Elixirs but Avid's are Avid's

hth

tidy, worked a treat!

There's a slight rub but no amount of tinkering I've done can get it any better. Will feel good not having to pull the brake lever through the handlebar to stop!
    Orange P7 2007
  • Ben

Welcome back big man,

still interested in the bars, are you out tommorrow, Gareth can collect and pay :shock:

If not I can collect them some time, my life is a bit hectic at the mo, moving next week

Managed to ride Cwmcarn yesterday evening it was awesome, sunsetting,dry dusty singletrack and a Camelbak full of Ice and squash. :D

Going to fit a loop in before work tommorrow will be at Airstream for 06:30 anyone interested :shock:
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Nice one Ben, glad you've seen sense, told you to sort your priorities :wink:

G - sorry mate yea did read it, no probs i'll chuck it in with the rest of the stuff tonight, you can test it out for me :lol:

Glad it worked Stan, I need to strip mine down today and get rid of all the OIL on the pads/discs :roll:

I was in Sunset earlier - saw my first set of vented :shock: discs on an Orange Blood. Wow. Could have picked up an Orange Alpine 160 AM so easily :cry:

See you tomorrow gayers :D
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...