south wales Rides?

Comments

• Sambini
    Sambini Posts: 66
    Hi All

Nathan Here, finally got on the bike radar, phoned Kev earlier and he directed me. Its a little late now but is anyone riding tomorrow, if not I make take Ian's advice and go up over wylie and try to find some trails. I
    If not hopefully all get together next weekend

cheers all
  • itsmygame
    itsmygame Posts: 277
    hiya nath its gareth.... bout time. :D:D

did paul sort your bike out?

im not riding this weekend cos im working but hopefully out next sat/sun.
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)
  • Sambini
    Hi Bud

Yes he sorted my bike out lovely. Fair play for him that day after the ride, he had a look at it there and then.
    he put a new cable on, checked and straightened the rear deraileur hanger, supplied and fitted 2 new rear brake pads and he also supplied and fitted a new rear spoke as it seams i snapped one during the ride.

Fairplay for him he did all that by sunday evening and he charged me £32.00 for the lot. Cant argue with that.

No probs about tomorrow, well all get together next week and plan a good one.
    When were you talking about doing that ride on a monday over in Breakon, are you still doing it as if yiu are ill try and organise coming along

cheers
  • id possibly be up for doing a ride at some point.
    im from the talbot green area (llantrisant) but will be travelling around to ride.

bike is on order at the moment and i havent ridden for about 5 years so i might be looking for a slow pace.....and maybe CPR!! lol
    Cube Acid 2011
  • Sambini
    Sounds good bud.

Ive had a few rides with the lads of here now and its a good group of lads.
  • where do you tend to go?
    well i will keep my eyes peeled on the site and see when i get the bike. doing it through work so im waiting for my cycle to work voucher to arrive.
    Cube Acid 2011
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    Hi
    Sambini, Andrew_J_Heard
    cwmcarn, afan are the main rides, but we are getting out to other places, and trying out new routes.

I take it it's Andrew, hope you get your bike soon im from Porth myself just keep an eye out and turn up when you like, few rideouts with the lads myself, great bunch and im no speed freek well uphill anyway :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • griffter
    griffter Posts: 52
    i was offered a set of x7 shifetrs for £20 the other day and i said no, should have taken them and jsut swapped the one over shouldn't i?

Hi kev I'm Ian,Ian Morgans mate i sold him my spesh frame i'v got a set of x7 shifters you can have for £20 if you want them.
    cube ams 150 race 2011
  • itsmygame
    hiya ian hows it going mate..... your mrs got long left? :shock:
  • griffter
    griffter Posts: 52
    hi Gareth we had babe girl last sunday :D all well.hopefully c u out on the trails soon as i get meself some new wheels :)
    cube ams 150 race 2011
  • itsmygame
    nice bud congrats ...... what did you call her.

well done. :D:D:D:D:D
  • mattblue
    mattblue Posts: 88
    cwmboyo wrote:
    mattblue wrote:
    Guys,

Can anyone recommend a good cycle shop in bridgend/cardiff area ?

Cheers

Matt
    go and see colin @ rush cycles or go to don skenes in cardiff

Cheers fella
    Boardman pro ht 2010
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    griffter wrote:
    i was offered a set of x7 shifetrs for £20 the other day and i said no, should have taken them and jsut swapped the one over shouldn't i?

Hi kev I'm Ian,Ian Morgans mate i sold him my spesh frame i'v got a set of x7 shifters you can have for £20 if you want them.

hi mate, i'm just going to check tonight that i'm not being a numpty and it's a cable issue. if it is the shifter i'll let you know later/tomorrow and take you up on it...nice one 8)

oh and nath...welcome along :D
  • cwmboyo
    cwmboyo Posts: 114
    griff u got ur bike yet?
    why walk when u can ride!!

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • Pr][nCe
    How was your weekend peeps? weather for next weekend is looking good lots of sun and minimal wind, so where are we going? and what day? :P
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • welshkev
    welshkev wrote:
    griffter wrote:

hi mate, i'm just going to check tonight that i'm not being a numpty and it's a cable issue. if it is the shifter i'll let you know later/tomorrow and take you up on it...nice one 8)

turns out that i was being a muppet :oops: , i must have stretched the cable somehow cos i've pulled it taught and it's shifting fine, needs to be tweaked a bit.

thanks for the offer of the shifters though :D

i had a good weekend cheers daz, went for a quick ride by me saturday morning, did anyone else get out?
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Cwm was interesting on Sat, just as you drop back into the car park some nellie had crashed and was being carried off to the ambulance.

Now i'm normally sympathetic to this (we have all crased) but the man had no bones broken nothng bad, he hadn't put his knee pads on come off and removed all skin from his knee's promplty.

I gotta say i have no major sympathy for this bugger should have got some pads on. Ruined the whole section of the ride, were a fair few of us riders pushing back up to just do it again at proper pace :(

Tell me guys am i just being mean?
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    edited April 2011
    I had an impromptu ride from Thornhill to Cardiff Bay to get my car on Sunday morning :? didn't want to but was a case of needed to 28 minutes, not too bad. I'm up for a ride this weekend as long as this cold/lurgy has shifted.

You out then this weekend Kev, where we fancying? Cwmcarn Sunday 9:30 for ease or... ?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Squarepants
    Cwm was interesting on Sat, just as you drop back into the car park some nellie had crashed and was being carried off to the ambulance.

Now i'm normally sympathetic to this (we have all crased) but the man had no bones broken nothng bad, he hadn't put his knee pads on come off and removed all skin from his knee's promplty.

I gotta say i have no major sympathy for this bugger should have got some pads on. Ruined the whole section of the ride, were a fair few of us riders pushing back up to just do it again at proper pace :(

YEP :P
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Was he downhillingnof just general trailing?

I mean your comments a bit harsh either way but as a general trail rider I have never worn pads and would consider something like that a bit of a freak accident. If he's doing more downhill then Ye maybe it's slight more his own lack of prep made an accident worse.
    Cube Acid 2011
  • itsmygame
    james sunday is good for me. cwm is also good as ive only till 12 30 / 1 ish.... we could link in the natural bit on the way up if the weather drys up.
  • Pr][nCe
    just went out for a local bummble here, am easy as to where this weekend, but the weather supose to be nice, lets hope init :D
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • just took delivery of my Contour HD so quite eager to give it a try out this weekend! Afan anyone?
    Orange P7 2007
    MOTM on first appearance 10/4/11
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168

I think yes is the word you are looking for.
    Not everyone feels the need for knee pads. You cannot protect against every eventuality. I feel sure that you would not know if he had recieved any other injuries. Maybe he didn't, but best to err on the side of caution. Was this on the Twrch trail or the DH.
    Real pity he put you out though. I am sure he is gutted over that.
  • ianm59 wrote:

I think yes is the word you are looking for.
    Not everyone feels the need for knee pads. You cannot protect against every eventuality. I feel sure that you would not know if he had recieved any other injuries. Maybe he didn't, but best to err on the side of caution. Was this on the Twrch trail or the DH.

+1

A bit of patience or maybe asking the Ambulance crew if they needed any help
  • itsmygame wrote:
    james sunday is good for me. cwm is also good as ive only till 12 30 / 1 ish.... we could link in the natural bit on the way up if the weather drys up.

You git your on leave again aren't you :twisted:
  • welshkev
    ianm59 wrote:
    :lol:
  • Squarepants
    itsmygame wrote:

Alright G,

Yep sounds like a very good idea, I really enjoyed the natural stuff last time (thank you Ian etc). The weather indeed looks good (I think we've all said that enough to completely jinx it now :lol: ) but should be good to go whatever.

I hope no one falls off down the trail, if I'm inconvenienced I will be FUMING
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    I am doing the DH on Sunday, got a uplift booked :D
    Next weekend though, does anyonee fancy doing either the postponed Manmoel ride or a little jaunt from Bryn Meadows golf club (Pontllanfraith), taking in some of Cwmboyos video ride. That involves a bit of everything.
  • cwmboyo
    cwmboyo Posts: 114
    ianm59 wrote:
    I am doing the DH on Sunday, got a uplift booked :D
    Next weekend though, does anyonee fancy doing either the postponed Manmoel ride or a little jaunt from Bryn Meadows golf club (Pontllanfraith), taking in some of Cwmboyos video ride. That involves a bit of everything.

if you go on the sunday ian i well up for a local loop, even go up to the rocky descent by machen tip and around up to wyllie.
    its riding really nice atm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8hxk9bFpBU&feature=related
    why walk when u can ride!!

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton