south wales Rides?

Comments

• concorde
    concorde Posts: 1,008
    Where abouts in the Rhondda you from PRINCE?
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    All this talk of body protection got me all excited for the DH day.
    Does anyone need any Brand X arm/elbow protectors. I have a pair for sale £15. They are white. Hardly worn as I have a pressure top.
  • I use 661 forearm/elbow pads and soft knee pads, haven't let me down yet!

will need to adjust my back brake in time for sunday as the pull on the rear is massive and almost touching the handlebar.

Any tips for adjusting the pull on Juicy 3 brakes?
    Orange P7 2007
    MOTM on first appearance 10/4/11
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Hi Stan,

I posted this on another thread; I've directly lifted it from there so sorry about the superfluous language but I don't have time to to edit it at the mo :D

I really firmed by 5's up by setting the deadband (the amount the lever moves before it activates braking) by whipping the wheels off and pumping the pads in with the lever until they're about 1mm apart, slide in the bleed blocks to push the pads apart (but not all the way - this a suck it and see/trial and error procedure) and you should be able to set them until they have almost 0 movement in the levers before they bite.

Then tri align them again (undo caliper mounts, pull and hold lever whilst tightening up caliper bolts to ensure the caliper is 'square' on the disc) and bolo's your familiars uncle

I have Elixirs but Avid's are Avid's

hth
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    Concorde wrote:

Tonyrefail, but now in Porth?
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    guys, i know this may be asking a bit much but can we make it 9am on sunday? i have to be home by 11.30 at the latest!

if you guys can't make it i may just do a quick lap on my own :(
  • concorde
    concorde Posts: 1,008
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]
    Concorde wrote:

Tonyrefail, but now in Porth?

Cool. I'm from up Treorchy way but I know live in Glfach/Tonyrefail. Just starting to get back on the bike after the Winter! Yes I know I'm a pussy in the cold!
  • welshkev
    anyone?

http://www.macride-afanmonster.org.uk/

we have 135 days to train :D
  • welshkev wrote:
    anyone?

http://www.macride-afanmonster.org.uk/

we have 135 days to train :D

Yes please me and Gareth maybe the big 100km
  • welshkev
    75km will be enough for me :lol: but if you guys are serious i'll enter it when i get paid 8)
  • Sambini
    Sambini Posts: 66
    Well found Kev. Definatley fancy having a go on that. As long as I can walk by Christmas
    Don't see any reason why not. Well get Lee on the case to. Maybe get ourselves over to Brecon to do some training. Really want to go over there anyway
  • That looks interesting, do you get a time limit to do it in or is it just however long it takes you to complete?
    Orange P7 2007
  • ti man
    ti man Posts: 41
    Sambini wrote:
    Well found Kev. Definatley fancy having a go on that. As long as I can walk by Christmas
    Don't see any reason why not. Well get Lee on the case to. Maybe get ourselves over to Brecon to do some training. Really want to go over there anyway

If you want a guide I can show you the Gap route if you meet at Y Pant by the Brecon mountain railway the complete loop is roughly 32 miles. Just give me a shout .....
  • itsmygame
    itsmygame Posts: 277
    +1 for early start on sunday............. i got a christening :( boo !
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)
  • welshkev
    ti man wrote:
    Sambini wrote:

If you want a guide I can show you the Gap route if you meet at Y Pant by the Brecon mountain railway the complete loop is roughly 32 miles. Just give me a shout .....

that sounds like a plan 8)
  • itsmygame
    ive just cleared my hectic diary schedule and am pleased to announce i will be entering the 100km :D:D:D anyone else?
  • welshkev
    itsmygame wrote:
    ive just cleared my hectic diary schedule and am pleased to announce i will be entering the 100km :D:D:D anyone else?

nope..........

75km for me and that's my limit :lol: in fact it's way beyond my limit but it'd be boring if you don't test yourself now and then :lol: :shock:

you entered?
  • itsmygame
    not yet just make sure i aint in work and that silver is in then its a deal. we gonna get out early even if no one else can?
  • welshkev
    itsmygame wrote:
    not yet just make sure i aint in work and that silver is in then its a deal. we gonna get out early even if no one else can?

i'd like to yeah

ANYONE ELSE MAKE IT FOR 9AM SUNDAY?

they may see that :lol::lol::lol:
  • I can do either, what's the consensus so far?

9 or 9.30?
    Orange P7 2007
  • lloydy-gt
    lloydy-gt Posts: 33
    i think i can make it for 9, i'm going to ride down do the ride with you boys then ride home :shock:
    GT AGGRESSOR XC2 2009
    BOARDMAN TEAM FS 2010
    http://www.halfwayupmtb.co.uk
  • Squarepants
    Sorry! :lol:

Yes I'm out on Sunday AT 9AM @ CWMCARN CAR PARK
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • welshkev
    ok, so me, gareth and james can make it. stan you up for 9am aswell.

and sean we'll hopefully see you puffing your way into the carpark at 9am :D

anyone else? daz you up for 9am?
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Just a quick note lads, got my bike in the car aiming to get to cwm between 5.45 n 6 anyone fancying a blast let us know.

Good fun to blast as fast as you can, but it's also nice to have a chin wag :p
  • welshkev
    i can't make it tonight mate but i am aiming to do a lap 1 night next week :D
  • Pr][nCe
    9am fine for me Kev,
    lovin this weather l8rz peeps 8)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • dandel36
    dandel36 Posts: 70
    hi all
    9.00 ok for me too, need to get back on bike, :D
    del
    dale prophet sl
    dale f4
    boardman urban
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Normally ride tuesday/wednesday kev if you want to link up for a spoin in an evening :)
  • Squarepants
    Bout time Dan :lol:

I hope I'm feeling better by Sunday - cannot shake off whatever I've got atm, doing my head in.. :(
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Pr][nCe
    Welcome back Del good to hear it :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003