south wales Rides?

Comments

• itsmygame
    itsmygame Posts: 277
    Thewaylander
    Taz and i have sworn not to ride it again unless its part of W2 or there is a really hot girl begging us to ride it :p

sorry to break it to you, but the only thing i can see a hot girl begging you to do is... 'go away and stop stalking her' :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    Stanners79 wrote:
    Hi,

new to this forum and was going to post about anything in South Wales and this was top!

Had a Orange P7 for about 3 years but never rode regularly and when I went up Afan, I ended up struggling and not really enjoying it!

I now cycle to work and think I am fitter but my mate I used to go riding with no longer goes :( I want to get into the habit of going out each weekend/fortnightly to Afan or somewhere local to Bridgend.

Am doing the Wall on Sunday for the first time in about a year, looking to see how I get on.

Anyone in the Bridgend area?

thanks

From Porth Rondda myself next valley over we do afan now and then myself i do try and get out in the week to afan, where abouts are you in Bridgend?

So still no sure place to ride this weekend lol if im to get out i think it will be Sunday depends what time the Bday party starts.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Pr][nCe
    ianm59 wrote:
    Was hoping to do the Blaenavon route Sunday, but so far we have no-one to show us the way. :cry:
    Gareth Sean is bringing the tyres up my place tonight.
    Selling my Mount Vision frame and fork if anyone is interested. Mates rates and that sort of thing.

Blaenavon route Sunday sounds good to me someware diffrent, but with none to show us the way well im screwed as i don't even know where Blaenavon is going to have to use twatnav to get their lol
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • From Porth Rondda myself next valley over we do afan now and then myself i do try and get out in the week to afan, where abouts are you in Bridgend?

So still no sure place to ride this weekend lol if im to get out i think it will be Sunday depends what time the Bday party starts.

I'm on the broadlands, there aren't too many routes round here (offroad anyway) that I know of so most of my local rides are road based over to southerndown or down to porthcawl.

Looking forward to the Wall on sunday though :)
    Orange P7 2007
    MOTM on first appearance 10/4/11
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    I have checked out the Blaenavon ride. I have a rough idea where it goes.
    As an alternative do you fancy doing Cwmcarn with a different climb. I will take us over the common and then drop back into the free ride section. Nice (ish) climb, if thre is such an animal.
    It is a nice ride, Starts in the car park then up the fire road to an intersection then nice climb to the moors. Adds to the normal route. Is a great natural ride to the top.
    Gareth has ridden it with us.
    Has anyone any other ideas.
    9.30 start
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i will be riding this weekend guys but i'll be going out early - as in 7.30/8am as i have to go to the nursery and get some work done and the argus are turing up to write a story about us!!

i think i'll try the blaenavon ride and let you know how it goes :D

sorry i'll miss another ride though guys, like i said, give it 2 months after the nursery is open and i'll be free a lot more 8)
  • Pr][nCe
    ianm59 wrote:
    I have checked out the Blaenavon ride. I have a rough idea where it goes.
    As an alternative do you fancy doing Cwmcarn with a different climb. I will take us over the common and then drop back into the free ride section. Nice (ish) climb, if thre is such an animal.
    It is a nice ride, Starts in the car park then up the fire road to an intersection then nice climb to the moors. Adds to the normal route. Is a great natural ride to the top.
    Gareth has ridden it with us.
    Has anyone any other ideas.
    9.30 start

Will go with that Ian cwmcarn 9:30 Sunday it is :)
    When we get more clued on on the Blaenavon ride, will have a go at that :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Pr][nCe
    Stanners79 wrote:
    From Porth Rondda myself next valley over we do afan now and then myself i do try and get out in the week to afan, where abouts are you in Bridgend?

I'm on the broadlands, there aren't too many routes round here (offroad anyway) that I know of so most of my local rides are road based over to southerndown or down to porthcawl.

Looking forward to the Wall on sunday though :)

Went to afan this afternoon with the mrs, just the railway run, as the sun was out :)
    you drive, try and get to cwmcarn have a blast good bunch of lads?
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • dandel36
    dandel36 Posts: 70
    Can't make it this wekend :( ,hopefully 1 more week and i'll be back :D:D

DAZ-like the lights, have to arrange a night ride now :D:D .

del
    dale prophet sl
    dale f4
    boardman urban
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Guys I've been given a pass. But no car. I'm not going to ask anyone to inconvenience themselves (except Ben :lol: ) dude you riding Sunday Cwmcarn?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • :lol:

can show me round Afan if you want fella?

GF is out with her mates all day so i've got an all day pass!!
  • Just wondering, anyone up for the DH soon?
    I'm dying to get down that track!
  • Squarepants
    I'm not sure I know it myself dude, only been there once :lol:

I'm up for whatever mate, Afan/Cwmcarn, I just need to get out and ride (as long as you pick me up that is 8) :roll: )

I'm buying a DH ff lid at the end of the month so yup I'm up for some brain out stuff
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Sounds like a date... :? hahaha!

No worries bud, Afan it is :P Any idea of time? no idea how long it takes to get there!

Good stuff with the DH lid! I think once i've been down the DH i'll be off there quite a bit lol!
  • Went to afan this afternoon with the mrs, just the railway run, as the sun was out :)

I do drive, I work monday to friday so looking for weekends mainly. That said, now the evenings are getting longer, I'll just take a longer route home from the station

I'll head down to Cwmcarn too, the guy who is coming with me on sunday is a trail newbie but lives up near Cwmcarn. Will make me way up there too. I've heard the climb out of the car park is a bit brutal though?

Was the cycle route/railway line still blocked just down from Afan (near pontrhydyfen)?
    Orange P7 2007
  • Squarepants
    Sounds like a date... :? hahaha!

No worries bud, Afan it is :P Any idea of time? no idea how long it takes to get there!

Good stuff with the DH lid! I think once i've been down the DH i'll be off there quite a bit lol!

Pleasure dude - not fancying Cwmcarn are you - only say as we may get lost around Afan if it's up to me
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • I'm at Afan on Sunday morning if you don't mind waiting for a bit of a fat knacker and a newbie :)
    Orange P7 2007
  • Don't really mind bud, if you'd prefer Cwmcarn thats fine!
    Just fancied a change, but it doesn't matter as i'll be riding Whinlatter the week after :D:D:D
  • Squarepants
    Aw I dunno now!

Toss a coin mate I'm happy whatever :D
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Haha! stick to Cwmcarn.. tis closer :D
  • Squarepants
    wicked mate :D we getting there for 9:30, up to you entirely of course
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • yup!

Pick you up bout 8:45 ishish? maybe a bit earlier, not sure how long it takes from yours!

Might scrap the bike carrier, should fit in das boot!
  • Squarepants
    word on that fella, i'll be ready from half 8 ishish.. takes about 20 mins/half hour from Thornhill
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Pr][nCe
    dandel36 wrote:
    Can't make it this wekend :( ,hopefully 1 more week and i'll be back :D:D

DAZ-like the lights, have to arrange a night ride now :D:D .

del

hope to see you mountainside soon mukka, well i, night ride sounds good to me :) there again any ride does lovin it :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Pr][nCe
    Stanners79 wrote:
    Went to afan this afternoon with the mrs, just the railway run, as the sun was out :)

I do drive, I work monday to friday so looking for weekends mainly. That said, now the evenings are getting longer, I'll just take a longer route home from the station

I'll head down to Cwmcarn too, the guy who is coming with me on sunday is a trail newbie but lives up near Cwmcarn. Will make me way up there too. I've heard the climb out of the car park is a bit brutal though?

Was the cycle route/railway line still blocked just down from Afan (near pontrhydyfen)?

Yea no time to warm up at cwmcarn, up up and um up lol
    yea still blocked gggrrr

come to cwmcarn 9:30 in the carpark.
    im in a Red 05 Clio with roof bars and that bike on it
    |
    |
    |
    |
    v
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • itsmygame
    itsmygame Posts: 277
    ian that sounds good ill meet you at car park ill the money for the tyres 2 8)

do you know how long that route takes cos i cant remember? i got a mate coming 2 and he doesnt get to ride much so if he wants to do the trail all the way up ill go with him but i think he ll be fine to go ur way. either way ill be at cwmcarn sunday 9 30.

CWMCARN SUNDAY 9 30 ROLL CALL

itsmygame
    itsmygames mate
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)
  • CWMCARN SUNDAY 9 30 ROLL CALL

itsmygame
    itsmygames mate
    The Northern Monkey
    Squarepants
  • Squarepants
    peanut-butter-jelly-time.gif
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    Squarepants, I will bring the rack down with me tomorrow. Gareth I shall also bring the tyres.
    Anyone fancy a crack at the DH at CC tomorrow? we could do the moorland route and then take the trail to the DH.
    Only and idea, all this talk of DH I just fancy having another run on it.
    Will be booking an uplift day soon if anyone is interested.
  • Squarepants
    Brill thanks Ian much appreciated. I'm happy with whatever re the DH. Happy to go with the flow, will be nice to see some new areas of CC
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR