south wales Rides?

Comments

• That road drop off is fracking scary! lol.

Having never been down that before and not really knowing what to expect, its freaky seeing the trail just disappear!

I'm really looking forward to an uplift day, I think that once you learn some lines it'll be much much more fun :D

But as everyone says, its all totally rollable!
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    Hello again. Just come back from a nice little ride, cracking evening.
    A couple of us are going to do the Blaenavon ride on SATURDAY. Looking to be at Blaenavon about 10. Kev and Paul are you going?
    WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN WE CAN BOOK THE DH. NEED TO KNOW PROVISIONALLY WHO WOULD FANCY GOING BECAUSE THE PLACES NEED TO BE BOOKED.
    Cap lock was on and cant be arsed to alter it. :oops:
  • lol @ Ian!

DH ROLL-CALL...

The Northern Monkey - after 2nd April.
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Hi yep I'm up for it mate..

My DH lid is due on 15/4 so after that would be ideal for me..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • we going to go during a day or on a weekend?
  • cwmboyo
    cwmboyo Posts: 114
    ianm59 wrote:
    A couple of us are going to do the Blaenavon ride on SATURDAY. Looking to be at Blaenavon about 10. Kev and Paul are you going?
    WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN WE CAN BOOK THE DH. NEED TO KNOW PROVISIONALLY WHO WOULD FANCY GOING BECAUSE THE PLACES NEED TO BE BOOKED.

ian give me a bell i n the week, im out saturday gonna give up on this forum seems to be a bit clicky for me see u soon bud
    why walk when u can ride!!

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • ianm59 wrote:

Meet at the Big Pit carpark Saturday will check with Kev if we can make it for 10. Will text Gareth when he gets back,

I will send you a PM by Friday
  • cwmboyo wrote:
    ianm59 wrote:

ian give me a bell i n the week, im out saturday gonna give up on this forum seems to be a bit clicky for me see u soon bud

I'm sorry to hear that, I hate clicks
    We have new people ride every week and nobody owns the thread.

Hope to see you on the trail

Paul
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    i hate clicks, knocks, cracks, and chatter :) oh and sqeeky brakes :)

im total newby to this forum, only met the lads few times, as said just get your 5p in say what u want :)

dunno about uplift yet, will deffo do it again tho :)
    see what i can wangle for Saturday, but unsure.

take it easy peeps :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    cwmboyo wrote:
    ianm59 wrote:

sorry to hear that mate, i don't think it's clicky. just get your 2p worth in along with everyone else. we've all only been meeting up since the start of jan so we aren't all best mates (except sladey and gareth :lol: )

i can do 10 aslong as it is only a 2 hr ride and i'll be home by 1 at the latest 8)

woo hoo, the weather is supposed to be good aswell :D
  • Squarepants
    I hope I'm in the click lads :?

No but seriously, same as Kev I dont think/would hope we're not clicky, more heads the better as far as I'm concerned.

I'm still on for Sunday if anyone's riding then; or is it Sat that's looking better for everyone this weekend?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    May ride both sat + sun.

Bout to become insolvent on Monday trying to sort my car out lol. And i'm definate click if your not cool enough for me stay out the thread :p(this of course joke and should be taken in context)
  • Unless I've missed it, where were you guys thinking of riding on sunday?
    Orange P7 2007
    MOTM on first appearance 10/4/11
  • welshkev
    Stanners79 wrote:
    Unless I've missed it, where were you guys thinking of riding on sunday?

it looks like it'll be saturday for most of us this week mate, we're going to do a loop that was featured in last months MBR around blaenavon if you're interested?
  • ah, can't do saturday this week unfortunately.

may head up to do the Wall again as I really enjoyed it last Sunday. I need more practice on the climbs! I didn't get off to push but had to stop a few times to catch a breath on that fireroad climb up (after second bit of singletrack).
    Orange P7 2007
    MOTM on first appearance 10/4/11
  • Stanners79 wrote:
    ah, can't do saturday this week unfortunately.

may head up to do the Wall again as I really enjoyed it last Sunday. I need more practice on the climbs! I didn't get off to push but had to stop a few times to catch a breath on that fireroad climb up (after second bit of singletrack).

I stop to catch my breath all the time, i usually disguise it with a pretend mechanical or a poor joke :)
  • ianm59
    Hi Chris,
    I will of course let you know when it hoped to do the DH, Looks like the begining of April. Will your mute brother be going :wink:
    DH day would be better for me on a weekend. Usually a Sunday.
    And it think it clique not click. :wink:
  • ianm59 wrote:

lol... i was thinking to myself, it doesn't take too many clicks to get around the forum!

I hope there aren't any clique's here! I don't really know what one is :lol:
  • welshkev
    ianm59 wrote:

lol... i was thinking to myself, it doesn't take too many clicks to get around the forum!

I hope there aren't any clique's here! I don't really know what one is :lol:

i knew it was clique, i just didn 't want to contradict a man when he was down :lol:
  • Pr][nCe
    So who is doing what and when this weekend peeps? looks like Saturday is better for me this week.

so is it blaenavon? what time? and anyone got a postcode or somit to put in me twatnav?
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Squarepants
    edited March 2011
    I'm on for Sat :D

What sort of trail is it? I'll set the bike up accordingly dependant. Any reviews around etc?

Still; out with the boys on the weekend that's the main thing 8)
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • welshkev
    here you go daz:
    big pit
    Blaenavon
    Gwent, NP4 9XP

there shold be brown signs showing the way aswell :D

so is it 10am? sladey you want a lift or will you go with gareth if he's going?
  • Wont be around this weekend chaps.. have a good one :)
  • welshkev
    I'm on for Sat :D

What sort of trail is it? I'll set the bike up accordingly dependant. Any reviews around etc?

Still; out with the boys on the weekend that's the main thing 8)

there's a pic of some of it:

http://www.mbr.co.uk/news/MBR_News_article_306277.html

but there's a killer climb aswell apparently :shock:

anyone got a gps so we can find the bottle they've hidden?
  • Squarepants
    Cheers Kev

It looks very 'ferny' :lol: shame your not out Ben but next time.

About an hour away for me, bit of a trek, think I'll leave with plenty of time to spare..

So who's riding?

Squarepants
    Kev
    sladey
    Gareth
    Ian?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • welshkev
    Cheers Kev

It looks very 'ferny' :lol: shame your not out Ben but next time.

About an hour away for me, bit of a trek, think I'll leave with plenty of time to spare..

i'd say it's only about 20/25mins away from cwmcarn
  • Pr][nCe
    Cheers Kev.

No GPS here lol

what sort of trail guys, fireroad, tarmac?
    tyre choice also?
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • ianm59
    Yep, I shall be there with Sean, Paul and Phil.
    As for the clique comment, Chris will know that I did not mean anything personal. I have known him for a while and he knows I am a sarcastic B**&5^d. :wink:
  • The trail is a mix of Tarmac, rocks, and light mud.

I rode Nevegal 2.3 F&R last couple of times but i might put an Ignitor on the back this week,

Kev

I have got transport shall we all meet at Big Pit Car Park for 945, with a set off at 10 latest

The route should not take any longer than 2 and a half hours, I keep on getting a bit lost on the last bit so lets hope there are better map readers than me about. :D
  • welshkev
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]Cheers Kev.

No GPS here lol

what sort of trail guys, fireroad, tarmac?
    tyre choice also?

i haven't ridden this exact trail but i have ridden that area before, i'd guess that it's similar to the natural stuff you guys rode last week, there's some rocky singletrack and some, muddy singletrack, that should be dy as we've had a nice week :D i think there is a bit of a road climb in it aswell.

as for tyre choice, i have 1 set of tyres, so i'll be using them :lol: