• Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    CWMCARN SUNDAY 9 30 ROLL CALL

itsmygame
    itsmygames mate
    The Northern Monkey
    Squarepants
    Pr][nCe.

Dunno about the DH, no lid, pads etc, will look into getting some tho as i don't mind a little air time :)

had a play with sony vegas done a picture in picture of the final section on the Wentwood 50k. take a peep.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9OVJV9SrYA
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]CWMCARN SUNDAY 9 30 ROLL CALL

itsmygame
    itsmygames mate
    The Northern Monkey
    Squarepants
    Pr][nCe.

Dunno about the DH, no lid, pads etc, will look into getting some tho as i don't mind a little air time :)

had a play with sony vegas done a picture in picture of the final section on the Wentwood 50k. take a peep.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9OVJV9SrYA

Very nice

especially the whistling :lol::lol::lol:
  • Pr][nCe
    haha :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Just fitted my go pro to my bars :D

Finally got it in a position so it doesn't get in my way and its bang in the middle :D
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Didn't see you guys there today?

I was a little late but thought id have seen a couple in the car park after. Did a nice 1.15 today improving back to where i was slowly
  • What a cracking day!
    Sunshine, dusty trails, great group of lads... couldn't have been much better!

Cheers Ian for showing us that route, made the ride much more scenic and interesting than the boring ride up the man made stuff! Really appreciated!

That DH was cracking though, i'll definitely want to be putting the armour and full face on to give it another go.... I felt a bit exposed haha!

I'm off to oggle some 200mm DH bikes :lol:

Thewaylander
    We didn't set off till almost 10 I'd say... then we went up over the moors instead of the Cwmcarn climb! You missed a great ride fella!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    What a cracking day!

Cheers Ian for showing us that route, made the ride much more scenic and interesting than the boring ride up the man made stuff! Really appreciated!
    !

that's some of the way i ride when i ride over from my house to cwmcarn, nice isn't it :D

i'm gutted i couldn't get out again :( , next week for definate, glad you all had a good ride though 8)
  • welshkev wrote:
    What a cracking day!

!

that's some of the way i ride when i ride over from my house to cwmcarn, nice isn't it :D

i'm gutted i couldn't get out again :( , next week for definate, glad you all had a good ride though 8)

Its lush... i was staring at the scenery more than the trail :lol:

I'm not going to be around for at least 1 weekend... will be back up north, but should get out to try and keep up the (non existent) fitness :D
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    edited March 2011
    Echo Bens sentiments, cracking day and awesome natural trails. Double thanks to Ian for showing us the route and having infinite knowledge of the area and also for dropping of a bike rack for me to see if it fits, very generous Ian thanks again; as said if it fits i'll sling you some cash :D

Thanks also to Ben for going out of his way to pick me up and drop me off, legend cheers dude.

Well great day, although I'm typing this in some degree of discomfort as I have 2 suspected broken fingers (pending x ray in a bit) and a bust toe following my off :lol: I hope Darren got it on camera :D

Shame you couldn't make it Kev but next time will be around soon enough, I'd like to do the 'Ian' trail again, it really is spectacular. That DH was a bit :shock: lots fun but yikes it was hardcore in parts, don't want to fall off up there with no armour and an AM lid.

well, I'm off to the hospital

sick0010.gif
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Squarepants
    Hope its just a bad sprain bud!
  • Squarepants

Hope your ok falling off sucks.

That trail is great rode it last year with the Blackwood boys, it can get a bit boggy but the weather today was awesome, really jelous.

Kev

Did you ride Blaenavon today, going to ride it tommorrow, should be ok to ride next week maybe Saturday.
  • welshkev
    well, I'm off to the hospital

sick0010.gif

do you get preferential treatment as your gf is a radiographer? :lol:

i hope you're ok though mate, was it a bad off then? :?
  • welshkev

Kev

Did you ride Blaenavon today, going to ride it tommorrow, should be ok to ride next week maybe Saturday.

no mate, i haven't had time, the boys really ill and i've been up all night with him and then i had to get down the nursery. i'm going to do a quick blast down at ponty park now though 8)

i'm off all of the week after next so i'll be around for a mid-week ride if anyone's around :D
  • welshkev wrote:

Kev

no mate, i haven't had time, the boys really ill and i've been up all night with him and then i had to get down the nursery. i'm going to do a quick blast down at ponty park now though 8)

i'm off all of the week after next so i'll be around for a mid-week ride if anyone's around :D

Week after next I can ride Monday,Tuesday or Thursday :D:D:D:D:D
  • Come to Whinlatter! :wink::lol:
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants
    Hope its just a bad sprain bud!

'Twas indeed! Arm's in a sling for a week though, don't see the point myself but apparently I have to keep it up
    Squarepants

Hope your ok falling off sucks.

Cheers sladey, glad I didn't bend the bike tbh more than anything :lol:
    welshkev wrote:
    do you get preferential treatment as your gf is a radiographer? :lol:

Nope :roll: to be fair we were only there for about an hour, pretty happy with that
    welshkev wrote:
    i hope you're ok though mate, was it a bad off then? :?

nah, my nuts soaked up most of the dead stop impact :x :lol:

I'm hoping Darren has the video evidence to post soon! :D
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Squarepants
    Glad to hear its not serious!
  • welshkev
    glad to hear it's nothing serious mate, it sucks when you hurt yourself but not too badly, like i did the other week :(

i hope darren got it on video :lol:
  • Squarepants
    Cheers guys. C'mon Darren; let the mint see the hole :lol:
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • itsmygame
    itsmygame Posts: 277
    Squarepants
    dude sorry bout your arm...... perhaps ben can help you if you need some 'me' time :lol::lol:

really awesome ride today... really enjoying the natural stuff.... even if i get closer than id like lol.

hope daz got ur off :?:

well my bikes in getting some tlc and i miss her already :cry:
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)
  • Squarepants
    No worries dude, and don't be jealous of the Ben relationship, you'll always have a greasy pole to slide down in work :lol:

talking about bikes, I've found my new one

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=55596

She will be mine, oh yes; she will be mine
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Squarepants
    Nice bike... but i've been oggling this beast..

http://www.sunsetmtb.co.uk/shop/index.p ... ory_id=148
  • Squarepants
    Ooooh :shock:

Schwing

Good value too by the look of the spec

She wouldn't be much of a climber mind..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Ooooh :shock:

Schwing

Good value too by the look of the spec

She wouldn't be much of a climber mind..

I'd climb on the Meta and then descend on that... hmm, no that won't work :lol:
  • Squarepants
    Yea it will, just strap the Kona to your back on the way up, then helicopter lift the Meta out at the end of they day.

Call me the fixer..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Squarepants
    loving the profile pic btw... get the full sized on posted up :P
  • Squarepants
    200311medium.jpg

:roll:
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Pr][nCe
    Here is a quick edit, not to good as u was just going out of shot wind it up to 720p youtube max :( not so bad then, will try and clean it up when i got more time... been out all day with Bday party, not long got back. great days riding once again guys.
    arm sux James gggrrr :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbV1org5DRk
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • welshkev
    james:

how'd you manage that? :lol: it just goes to prove you can come off anywhere, and it hurts when you do :lol: