south wales Rides?

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Sorry Guys wont beable to ride this Sunday (work commitments.)

I am riding a loop of the Blorenge tommorrow, from the Big pit centre. The route is featured in this months MBR.

Will report back

if it's the same one i've done mate it's good, :D

who you going with?
  • On my own anyone available to join me, setting off from Blaenavon about 1030
  • welshkev
    wish i could mate. no riding for me at all this weekend.

sorry guys i won't make it sunday. i am off up to north wales again next wednesday so i'll try and squeeze a ride in there :D
  • welshkev wrote:
    ben could you get the one of me please? se_269, it's right down the bottom

cheers dude :D

Picture22.png

There ya go Kevlar.
  • welshkev
    cheers ben, i quite like that one :D
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    You look like a proper homeless Kev.. :lol:
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Good shot Kev..

Doesn't look like i'll be riding either this weekend lads :cry: there's no way I can get the bike in the Ignis ( :? bit of a long tern issue that....) so I've made plans to go watch a stage rally in Brecon instead. Bit gutted of course but will be back strong next weekend to give my brakes a proper trial.

Have a good weekend hoes
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • cwmboyo
    cwmboyo Posts: 114
    well done ian on your placing bud from sunday
    bishy done well too and sean
    why walk when u can ride!!

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    Good shot Kev..

Doesn't look like i'll be riding either this weekend lads :cry: there's no way I can get the bike in the Ignis ( :? bit of a long tern issue that....) so I've made plans to go watch a stage rally in Brecon instead. Bit gutted of course but will be back strong next weekend to give my brakes a proper trial.

Have a good weekend hoes
    I have an old bike rack you can have if you fancy it. It straps to the back of the car.
    Me and Sean will be out on Sunday morning. See you there.
  • welshkev
    looks like i might be a maybe now. my bro in law (lee) is staying on saturday night and he's under the impression we're riding on sunday and has arranged to meet nathan at cwmcarn sunday morning. so i'll have to get a pass to come, and try and do some more painting tomorrow :lol:
  • Not sure about this weekend as yet... don't have a pass and so might be out doing other "fun" things :lol:
  • dandel36
    dandel36 Posts: 70
    results from sundays off
    helmet trashed :( -binned
    shirt ripped :( -binned
    shorts ripped :( -binned
    gloves ripped :( -binned
    shoes damaged but still usable :lol: -not binned :lol::lol:
    and repair to rear wheel after broken spoke :(

but i stll finished :D:D

moral of story fall off on soft green grass not going flat out on tarmac. :):)

every one have a good ride sun

del
    dale prophet sl
    dale f4
    boardman urban
  • welshkev
    dandel36 wrote:
    results from sundays off
    helmet trashed :( -binned
    shirt ripped :( -binned
    shorts ripped :( -binned
    gloves ripped :( -binned
    shoes damaged but still usable :lol: -not binned :lol::lol:
    and repair to rear wheel after broken spoke :(

but i stll finished :D:D

moral of story fall off on soft green grass not going flat out on tarmac. :):)

every one have a good ride sun

del

fair play del, much respect to you for finishing, i hope you get back on the bike soon :D
  • Squarepants
    ianm59 wrote:
    Good shot Kev..

Have a good weekend hoes
    I have an old bike rack you can have if you fancy it. It straps to the back of the car.
    Me and Sean will be out on Sunday morning. See you there.

Very kind of you to offer Ian :D I may well take you up on that as I currently have no way of transporting the bike, I didn't realise the Ignis was so small (bit like saying I didn't realise Hitler was such a git..)

I'll give you some money for it fella as long as it fits etc. Thanks again. I'll let you know when I'm riding again, should be next Sunday for definate though.

Quite a list there Del, IMO you're all the cooler for it 8)

Good news for you Kev :D gutted I'm not riding :( have a good ride bro's
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    Shouldnt be any problem with the fit. Its well adjustable. Needs a new bit of lagging on the one bar (mice in garage). Its a 3 bike carrier.
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    Get well soon del boy :)
    still encoding/editing these vids lol
    Cya Sunday peeps...
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    Great day out today lads, track was wet but fast, sun was out always a +
    Did it in good time to :)

will get the vids up asap 8)
    EDIT: Ulpoading Now
    im up for a trip up to Brekfa or somit one weekend, be nice to change it up a little :wink:
    l8rzzz peeps.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Squarepants
    good to hear you had a good ride Da..

As an aside; I'm on pinkbike now - squarepantscymru look me up :D
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • gareth1234
    gareth1234 Posts: 107
    wouldn't mind getting out on one of your jaunts soon, looks like fun (apart from all the blood!!!! everyone else's will be ok, mine is precious though..... :lol:) or if you get up north Cardiff way. I live in the shadow of Castell Coch, plenty of decent rides up through the forests there.

As long as we have regular stops for my nicotine intake though :roll:
  • gareth1234 wrote:
    wouldn't mind getting out on one of your jaunts soon, looks like fun (apart from all the blood!!!! everyone else's will be ok, mine is precious though..... :lol:) or if you get up north Cardiff way. I live in the shadow of Castell Coch, plenty of decent rides up through the forests there.

As long as we have regular stops for my nicotine intake though :roll:

More than welcome, we mainly ride Cwmcarn on a Sunday morning, but now the weather is starting to break we might head further a field and try some more natural routes.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Ended up out on Sunday afternoon, as couldn't be bothered to lever myself from bed. and what a day :) sun was shining trail was tacky and perfect. was in Brian Heaven.

Slow trip round still at 1hour20 but still shows the legs are coming back just gotta plough 15-20 minutes off that again now to be back where i left off in November :p
  • welshkev
    sorry i couldn't make it guys, but my boy liked watching the bikes :lol:

i think i'm going to ride that blaenavon ride featured in MBR this weekend that sladey rode last week. anyone interested in tagging along? :D
  • welshkev wrote:
    sorry i couldn't make it guys, but my boy liked watching the bikes :lol:

i think i'm going to ride that blaenavon ride featured in MBR this weekend that sladey rode last week. anyone interested in tagging along? :D

I am riding it again tommorrow, should be a bit quicker( took 2 hours last time) without having to stop and check the map.

kev I might join you this weekend will no Wednesday if i am off call or not i will text you.
  • welshkev
    welshkev wrote:
    kev I might join you this weekend will no Wednesday if i am off call or not i will text you.

nice one mate :D
  • Ended up out on Sunday afternoon, as couldn't be bothered to lever myself from bed. and what a day :) sun was shining trail was tacky and perfect. was in Brian Heaven.

Slow trip round still at 1hour20 but still shows the legs are coming back just gotta plough 15-20 minutes off that again now to be back where i left off in November :p

Cant help with that bonkers bike you have got :wink: ,
    lend itsmygames hardtail you will fly around then
  • welshkev wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

What day is best for you
  • welshkev
    welshkev wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

What day is best for you

i'll let you know. sunday i think, i should have finished the painting at the nursery by then. saturday might be ok but i don't get back from north wales until late friday night so i'll check with gf if we have anything to do saturday
  • Blaenavon route from this months MBR, I have added a little bit on to the route so it was 20km

Some snaps

View from Blorenge towards the black mountains

p4pb6300120.jpg

By the Keepers Pond

p4pb6300124.jpg

The climb from the Punchbowl, its much harder than it looks :oops:

p4pb6300121.jpg
  • welshkev
    you didn't tell me there was climbing involved, i'm not doing it now :wink::lol:
  • welshkev wrote:
    you didn't tell me there was climbing involved, i'm not doing it now :wink::lol:

It is a monster it follows around to the right and carries on the track for about 300m, Then a middle ring grind up a quiet road for another mile.

Still coming :shock: