south wales Rides?

Comments

• A good ride today boys,gear cable sorted now thanks to ian:-)
    GT AGGRESSOR XC2 2009
    BOARDMAN TEAM FS 2010
    http://www.halfwayupmtb.co.uk
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    Weather held out made it a good day and a good meet, enough of us to make a train :)
    some good laughs as usual, nice to see you again Del next time look up when u pass a group of peeps save u busting a lung trying to catch the group up, you already passed lol.
    lucky it was neer the end when u gears went tits up lloyd.
    not so many stops this time, looking forward to wentwood now and the weather looks to be good fingers crossed hey :)

will get the vids up asap peeps, take it easy cya on weekend.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    ohh vids 8)
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    [and yes it was Ian and the Blackwood lot, very nice bunch of guys - they all turned up to see you Kev :roll: :wink:

trust me mate, i would've much rather been out with you guys than digging up the floor as i was doing :evil:
  • rhyko7
    rhyko7 Posts: 781
    does anyone else wanty an entry for the wentwood enduro?

i failed to make it through a day on Cwmdown without an injury, i have 15 stitches so won't be doing the wentwood 50 km.
    :oops:
    h ad to jump off my bike aqt about 30 mph in the air or would have crashed into the back of my mate who thought it was a good idea to brake just before he took off, doh
    Dont look at it-ride it! they are tools not f*cking ornaments

my riding:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rhyspect

Some of my Rides Data/maps:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/Users/527337
  • welshkev
    RHYS: sorry to hear that dude, is that another 15 stitches to go with your other war wound?

what time is everyone else planning to get there next sunday? i'm away from tomorrow and may not have internet access. i was thinking around 9am.
  • good ride all?

Missed out i'm afraid ended up having to get new bushings and a freewheel on order :s
  • great videos again,

Maybe you could mount the cam on your back and zoom it in about 300m, might be able to see me :oops:
  • Pr][nCe
    I do try to flitter around amongst the pack try and get everyone in, also i don't bother with the uphill sections as they tend to be well boring, as I’m going so slow lol.

Was pouring down with rain when i left Rhondda so i took the waterproof back plate, and was getting a little condensation on the top left of the lens cover, but 95% of the main viewing area was fine.

What times do you think we will be finishing the Wentwood 25k peeps? If it’s over 2.5 hours i may need to rig up an alternative power source for the go pro HD to last out?
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    Great to meet some more peeps.
    Thought Leon had pushed on a bit. Can only help with the fitness though :o
    Maybe put in an extra stop next time, although it can get a bit cold to hang around. Great bunch of guys.
    Nice to see you out again Paul. The rib pains will eventually ease up.
    Would anyone fancy having a bash at the downhill one weekend.
    Thought of riding to the top via the road then riding the D/H. Whoever likes it then perhaps we could book an uplift for another day. :D
    Just a thought.
  • GJC
    GJC Posts: 198
    Yeah great vids, i never been to cwmcarn (or another trail centre) but the vids have sold it to me. i am hoping to pop down in the next couple of weeks and give it a go it looks great. a different challenge to what i am used to too

GJC
    Lapierre Spicy 316 2011
  • Nice vids :D

I make a single appearance :lol:

TRAITOR

Thought you were a fellow back marker, not glory hunting the camera :)
  • welshkev
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]I
    What times do you think we will be finishing the Wentwood 25k peeps? If it’s over 2.5 hours i may need to rig up an alternative power source for the go pro HD to last out?

i'm aiming for between 2.5 - 3hrs TBH. so, what time are we all meeting there?
  • welshkev wrote:
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]I

4 -5 hours?

TRAITOR

Thought you were a fellow back marker, not glory hunting the camera :)

Haha, i jumped in at the end of the freeride bit!

I went down the black while you lot did the red lol!

I actually managed to clear the 3 big doubles at the end too but no one was around to see it :(
  • Does anyone fancy a dusk/night ride one night this week?

Don't mind where, but i'm up in Ystrad Mynach for work and feel like I should get out again before Wentwood :?
  • cwmboyo
    cwmboyo Posts: 114
    i did hear ian that there was some good riders in the blackwood rides
    why walk when u can ride!!

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • welshkev
    welshkev wrote:
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]I

4 -5 hours?

really? i did the marin trail in 2 and a quarter hours, i was a bit fitter then. so i reckon 3 hours tops we can do it in :D
  • welshkev wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]I

4 -5 hours?

really? i did the marin trail in 2 and a quarter hours, i was a bit fitter then. so i reckon 3 hours tops we can do it in :D

Nah I'd hope not :lol: we did Cwmcarn in about 1hr 45 on Sunday... admittedly I rode the road from the bit where the slabs are by the road but i'd actually warmed up by the time we got to the final car park! Felt fine when we got back to the car!

my problem is that there is only so fast I can spin the cranks up hill :lol: my knees just won't take it!
  • I really don't expect you guys to wait for me if i'm lagging behind btw!
    I've told James i'll bring the spare car key :lol:
  • Riding Wentwood tomorrow so i will update on the conditions, and how steep the hills are.
    If it is anything like the start of the Twrch, then it will be tough going.
  • :D:D:D iiiiii'mmmmmmmmmm bbbbbaaaaacccckkkkkk :D:D:D (not that anys missed me)

:lol:

had almost zero time in the saddle in the last 2 weeks, 50km thru wentbog should be the oppersite of humerous.

awesome videos look like you guys are all loved up :P im just jealous.
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Welcome back Gareth :D I'm sure you still fitter than me even with the time off :lol:

Will have to look at the vids when i get in, schould be good. Ben I doubt you'll be any slower then me; and if you are, I'm taking your car :P

It appears that everyone including me :lol: has managed to skirt Kevs question of ETA beautifully. I have no idea Kev, i'll have a look on the WW site today if I can and see when we need to turn up.

Will be good to have a report on the place sladey, hope it's not too arduous :oops:

Really lookin gforward to it though :D and hopfully will have my 203's on by then 8)

peace in the middle east

EDIT: DH sounds like a plan also Ian!
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • cwmboyo
    cwmboyo Posts: 114
    hi guys, what time are you all looking to meet on sunday? is it a 10.30 start
    why walk when u can ride!!

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • welshkev
    Cheers James everyone else ignored me! :-) yeah, it's a 10.30 start so I'm getting there around 9am, see you bumders when you get there :-)
  • The Northern Monkey
    The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
    edited March 2011
    When: Sunday March 6th 2011

Start: 10:30am

Parlking: at the start venue next to Penylan House, Pike Road, Llanvaches, South Wales, NP26 3AY. Car Park Opens Sunday 6th March 07:30am. Basic breakfast fare will also be available.

Squarepants
    Tis about 40 mins from mine so not far at all :)

I think i'll put the bike carrier on the back, esp if its gonna be proper muddy :lol:
  • Pr][nCe
    Yes 9am get thier early give myself time to sort shite out, as i not got a clue first event for me.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003