Pr][nCe / Darren
    dandel36 / Del
    The Northern Monkey / ben
    Andyd2506 / Andy
    Squarepants / James

maybe.
    Thewaylander / brian
    WelashKev / Kev

i should be a definate now guys, i'm not going out to watch the rugby so i can come riding :D see you sunday 8)

SLADEY: you out mate?
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Wicked bad Kev.

See you there fellas
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • BTW all.... its gonna be PISSING it down :D
  • Squarepants
    Bring it on 8)

Proper man weather :lol:
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • thats negative northern monkey,
    pissing down = light showers to us hardcore welsh weekend warriors lol :)
    del
    dale prophet sl
    dale f4
    boardman urban
  • welshkev wrote:
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]Sunday 9:30 Cwmcarn.
    so thats
    Pr][nCe / Darren
    dandel36 / Del
    The Northern Monkey / ben
    Andyd2506 / Andy
    Squarepants / James

maybe.
    Thewaylander / brian
    WelashKev / Kev

i should be a definate now guys, i'm not going out to watch the rugby so i can come riding :D see you sunday 8)

SLADEY: you out mate?

+ 1 Sladey
  • dandel36 wrote:
    thats negative northern monkey,
    pissing down = light showers to us hardcore welsh weekend warriors lol :)
    del

That weren't negative! check the big smiley face :P :P
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    nice day today isn't it :lol:

wish i'd gone for a ride :wink:
  • Tell me about it!

Still, watching Wales struggle against Italy is amusing :wink:
  • welshkev
    Tell me about it!

Still, watching Wales struggle against Italy is amusing :wink:

pheewww, that was close :oops:
  • welshkev
    as long as we're done before 3 i'll be happy :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/2688
  • ooo hail shower?! mtfu :P :lol:
  • ti man
    ti man Posts: 41
    I am probably riding Cwmcarn in the morning. Do you mind if I tag along ?
  • Go for it fella :)

I'll be in a blue pug 206 wearing an irn bru top,
    andyd2506 wrote:
    yep im there sunday 9.30 cwmcarn yes?? look out for a red volvo c70 please as i won't know who anyone is yet hahaha
  • Squarepants
    well, first time using muc off wet lube didn't go well. Pushing the bottle to dispense the oil (quick final chain lube before tomorrow) and the effing top flew off and sprayed oil all over me, my clothes, the GT (including F+R brakes?!) the radiator (full of clean drying clothes) and 4ft up my wall :x :evil:

Kicked off to muc off and awaiting reply. Got blue 'orrible oily sh1t all over my living room carpet now and my clothes. FFS!!

On a brighter note; see you tomorrow :D i'll be in a white Celica GT4.
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • well, first time using muc off wet lube didn't go well. Pushing the bottle to dispense the oil (quick final chain lube before tomorrow) and the effing top flew off and sprayed oil all over me, my clothes, the GT (including F+R brakes?!) the radiator (full of clean drying clothes) and 4ft up my wall :x :evil:

Kicked off to muc off and awaiting reply. Got blue 'orrible oily sh1t all over my living room carpet now and my clothes. FFS!!

On a brighter note; see you tomorrow :D i'll be in a white Celica GT4 and you'll hear me from miles away with my contaminated brakes... sodding lube.

:lol:

Gutted mate! Thanks for reminding me to lube up though... :o:lol:
  • Squarepants
    :lol: miles away will be the dump valve and wrc turbo dude 8)

Right, ordering Avid Elixir 5's for next weekend now. is 203mm f + rear too big?
    Def going 203mm front but damit I can't decide whether to get a 203mm rear. Same price as smaller and the show off in me is saying go 203mm rear too; because I can.

I remember seeing a guy at Cwmcarn not long ago though with 203mm F+R and thinking "puff" (If you get my meaning)

What to do, I'm one step away from confirming the order. Do I just order them or go sensible and order 185mm max rear? :?

EDIT: 203mm F+R ordered - I'm now officially part of the OTT crowd :lol: :roll:
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • 203 each end. May as well... I want to change my front to 203mm
  • Squarepants
    on their way..

Good ride today fellas. Nice to see so many out, nice to meet Dandel and a few other lads. Must have been about 12 of us? Good warm up before Wentwood, bike is now all washed and ready for brakes to go on then the big ride next weekend (if Ben and I don't go out for a local ride in the week..)

Shame you couldn't make it Kev..

Roll on next weekend :D
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Yea was good :D
    Nice to meet some new people!

Realised how slow I am when climbing :lol: But hardly stopped today thanks to being at the back, but thats fine by me cus it keeps me spinning and should help increase the fitness!

Felt fine when we got back to the car though, just cant get my legs moving at 1st!

Sideways air was interesting too!

Looking forward to Wentwood, just gotta keep moving!!
  • Did you guys manage two laps

With the road miles i covered 52km today and i am bits, looking very doubtfull to complete 50km next week on the super boggy course around at WENTWOOD i'm sure Gareth will drag my fat arse around.

Cheers for waiting for me on the downs ( the Blackwood boys waited for me after Airstream ), yet again i was awfull , but the confidence is slowly returning. The conditions today were lovely spring must finally be on the way. :D
  • Squarepants
    We didn't manage the two loops slade, I found it a slog around today (don't I always :? :lol: ) You did more miles than me then.

Some fit lads in our group now huh. I think genetically I'm just rather rubbish at fitness; makes me feel quite aggrieved :lol:
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • welshkev
    hi guys, i'm glad a load of you got out. i did go for a quick ride but only about 8 miles at 8am this morning.

i had to go to the nursery and help pull up carpets and dig up floors so our builder can get started tomorrow, sorry to let you down :(

can't wait for next sunday, i'm in north wales wednesday so i'll get a quick loop in at coed y brenin on the way :D
  • We didn't manage the two loops slade, I found it a slog around today (don't I always :? :lol: ) You did more miles than me then.

Some fit lads in our group now huh. I think genetically I'm just rather rubbish at fitness; makes me feel quite aggrieved :lol:

Dont feel to bad, I was struggling to keep up with you,
    The Blackwood boys are really quick riders and experienced, i was in tip top condtion last year, I went out for a ride with them and they absolutely destroyed me. They are a great bunch and always wait :oops: :oops: :oops:
  • yeah those lads set off bloody quick! Me and James were sayng that we would have had about 3 rests by the time we got to the bit where we went off up the road :lol:

oh and Squarepants.... http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12760695
  • Squarepants

That's one hell of a frame Ben. Would be nice to see it in a funky colour but the black really suits too. Look forward to seeing it 8)
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • welshkev
    yeah those lads set off bloody quick! Me and James were sayng that we would have had about 3 rests by the time we got to the bit where we went off up the road :lol:

where was the first stop? was it ian and those from blackwood, the same guys as last week?
  • ti man
    ti man Posts: 41
    Cheers for the company, sorry if I pushed the pace a bit :D
  • ti man wrote:
    Cheers for the company, sorry if I pushed the pace a bit :D
    So it was you? Haha!

No worries mate, cheers for being patient and waiting up!
  • Squarepants
    welshkev wrote:
    yeah those lads set off bloody quick! Me and James were sayng that we would have had about 3 rests by the time we got to the bit where we went off up the road :lol:

where was the first stop? was it ian and those from blackwood, the same guys as last week?

As I recall it was just before small bridge with the vertical stones directly next to the road; where you cross over to the other side of the stream.

My first natural resting place would have been the gate at the top of the very first section but that's not there anymore; just a lot of mud.

Jelly legs all the way for me, very good day though and yes it was Ian and the Blackwood lot, very nice bunch of guys - they all turned up to see you Kev :roll: :wink:
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR