Darren
    Mark my m8 form Barry
    "Ian
    Paul
    Sean
    Iang
    crashley"
    AKA the Blackwood boys
  • Carb loaded to the max courtesey of Mrs Slades home made Pizzas 8)
    see you all tommorrow
  • I'm having pasta for breakfast :lol:

and porridge.

Not mixed though hopefully.... well untill its in my gut I guess!

Hope there are good bogs :lol:
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    haha Number one priority, have a number two :) simples

Best of luck all cya l8rzzzzz
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • cwmboyo
    cwmboyo Posts: 114
    that was the hardest 25km i have ever done!! i think i seen pince on my was around!!
    why walk when u can ride!!

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • I'm shagged!

Was a good technical ride in places, but BLOODY BORING for the rest of it!

I stopped to help some chap for about 30 mins with his chain.... he'd removed about 6 links trying to fix it, so I managed to get it back together for him

I said, "take it easy on the cranks as it'll be weaker and its a LOT shorter"... 30 seconds later and after fecking around trying to change gear he'd snapped it again! DOH!

Still... I made it... Just :lol:

Sorry about making you wait James, I would have been 30mins earlier if it wasn't for the guys snapped chain!

EDIT: Slady and Gaz.... not muddy eh? you're having a laaarrrffff!!! :lol:
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    it wasn't even 25km!!!! we were still on that really boring fireroad when the guy next to me says " well, there's 25km, only 25km to go" (he had a computer on his bike)

it was more like 30km, but it was hard work and pretty boring, some good bits though.

still took me about an hour longer than i'd have liked.

sorry i couldn't hang around guys i had to get to work, lets hope there's some good pics of us lot.

GARETH AND SLADEY
    : how was the 50km? just as hard as ours? how'd you get on?
  • Did the full 50km with Gareth dragging me around, hardest ride i have ever done.
    They saved the best for last, the final hill was an absolute killer. I think the course was ok, not brilliant the 2nd 25km had plenty of singletrack.

The marshalls and feeding stations were first class.

Finished at 4 o clock, 5 and a half hours in the saddle ouch.

Well done all :D:D:D
  • welshkev
    Did the full 50km with Gareth dragging me around, hardest ride i have ever done.
    They saved the best for last, the final hill was an absolute killer. I think the course was ok, not brilliant the 2nd 25km had plenty of singletrack.

The marshalls and feeding stations were first class.

Finished at 4 o clock, 5 and a half hours in the saddle ouch.

Well done all :D:D:D

nice one you two,well done :D

i hit the wall towards the end, i definately needed to eat more, i'll know next time :D
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Hi guys, well done all, well done Gareth and Sladey, now legends in my eyes with us local riders :lol: I couldn't have done another 25km if my life had depended on it.

Cheers Ben for the lift, very kind of you fella. No worries about the wait, you were of course being a good samaritan :D

Nice to see the Blackwood boys again, bl@@dy fit bunch they are too!

Shame you had to scoot off Kev but we've all got things to do eh, thanks for the 5ver you saved my life! I'll reimburse next time of course.

Fair play I am absolutely exhausted. The course, long, boring, rewarded for 10ft of DH with a mile of up it seemed :roll: still glad I did it, I'm wearing my t shirt right now

I'm off to collapse again..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • itsmygame
    itsmygame Posts: 277
    here i am :D:D:D

awesome day :D a very good event and really well organised . We got a great bunch of lads and it showed today....great to see everyone out.

i feel sorry for the 25km ers you missed the feed stations, which again were first class. cake/electrolytes/bananas/tea coffe etc.

seriously although the second 25 was harder it had some sweet single track ( still no dh tho lol)

i think an apt name for the final assent would be cardiac hill :lol: .

cant wait for the next one now.

who's up for a lap or 2 of cwmcarn in the morning :lol::lol::lol:

peace spa..........
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)
  • itsmygame Silversladey
    bloody nutters :lol:

1 thing though, I really really really enjoyed the more "natural" stuff. The route was a lot more unpredictable and varied so much in comparison to what i'm used to.
    The more I think about it, the more I enjoyed it, and i'm really glad I took part :D
  • Pr][nCe
    Nice one guys i did clock most of you, but couldn't keep pace as my m8 Mark had Cramps from the word go and literaly limped around, thought it was you Ben helping that guy with the chain i did say all ok lads he said yes so ploded on.

I found it ok and still had a bit in the tank that i used up as soon as i seen the first finish sign rush of blood and left Mark and went for it, sadly the finish signs kept coming when back on the road again gggrrr. got back at 14:15 i think.

Gopro spent most the time off due to most of it being uphill lol, and missed the start it decided to eject the sd card gggrr, thats why i was stoped fiddling with it least i got a chance to say yo to peeps passing :). but i rigged up a rear view camera that was on from start to finish, wasn't set up tidy mind was to low focus but ok like.

will get um up asap.

where we going on weekend peeps? :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Squarepants
    The more I think about it, the more I enjoyed it

I'm not quite there yet :lol:
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Does anyone know where we can get photos that the hundreds of photographers were taking?!
  • Pr][nCe
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Damn not on there... he got Squarepants at the end though! haha!
  • Squarepants
    Cool :D
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • welshkev
    Cool :D

you look knackered mate, i hate to think wht i look like :lol:
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    Unfortunately the majority of enduros will have most of the climbing on road or fireroad. I have done a couple where the majority of the course is singletrack but the queqes to ride are bad. Its really difficult to get any course with 25+Km without having road or fireroad. We seem to be spollt around here for excellant manmade trails.
    I thought the course was really good, a bit of everything. Nice walks in places :oops:
    The map for the course shows that it was 25K to the top of the last climb. Good job it didn't rain. That would have been so hard if there had been any more mud.
    Well done to the organisors and well done to all the guys who rode it. Good to see such abig Bike Radar and Blackwood Boys turnout. :D
  • pantsani
    pantsani Posts: 114
    Was a good hard ride, spoke to a couple of people who bailed at 25 Km and 40 Km.

That last descent was pretty sweet finish. Think I managed under 4 hours but will see when times comes out , was suffering badly from cramp.

And yep, I was pretty toasted after 50 Km in dry conditions. If it was wet I think they'd have to alter the course to avoid the worse parts or a fair amount of carnage would ensue.
  • dandel36
    dandel36 Posts: 70
    hi all

started the enduro ok but it went down hill from ther broke a spoke :x on the first down hill through forest, and then on the road back to the finish met a car comng opposite way in lane, :o then went arse over tip after front wheel ended up in rut by reservior, so i ended up in first aid tent with cuts and grazes and tarmac rash. but i did finish.
    del
    dale prophet sl
    dale f4
    boardman urban
  • dandel36 wrote:
    hi all

started the enduro ok but it went down hill from ther broke a spoke :x on the first down hill through forest, and then on the road back to the finish met a car comng opposite way in lane, :o then went ars* over tip after front wheel ended up in rut by reservior, so i ended up in first aid tent with cuts and grazes and tarmac rash. but i did finish.
    del

Ah man bad times :(

Great effort finishing though, I would have given up after the spoke!
  • dandel36
    dandel36 Posts: 70
    thought about it, but apart from the buckle it wasn't too bad had to stay in middle ring so walked alot on the hilly muddy bits. Got to contact fulcrum and see if they'll do anything because the hub is cracked.
    dale prophet sl
    dale f4
    boardman urban
  • welshkev
    sounds like we were all there then, like james said we should have got some pictures :D

at least we all made it :lol:
  • So... who;s up for Sunday? :lol:
  • welshkev
    So... who;s up for Sunday? :lol:

i should be there, the gf is expecting us to all turn up wearing our wentwood t shirts :lol:
  • Not a chance, that t shirt is staying pristine :lol::lol:

It actually fits really well too, wasn't expecting much but I like it!

I'm off back up North on the 26th for a week so i'll be missing 2 Sundays with you lot, but i'll get to ride Whinlatter instead :D
  • Squarepants
    Sorry to hear that Del :shock: still; something to look back on as a bit of an adventure. I didn't fall off or anything :roll:

I'm up for Sunday of course. I'm rather sore today i have to admit..

I can see a plethora of WW t-shirts making an appearance at local trail centres. Whether i will be one of the advocates; I'm still yet to decide..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    Any one fancy doing W2 (Wall and Whites) on Sunday. Start at Glyncorrwg.