south wales Rides?

Comments

• Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    Heading to Cwmcarn on friday afternoon, anyone about?
  • "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]Yes 9am get thier early give myself time to sort shite out, as i not got a clue first event for me.
    Ditto.

Breakfast sounds good too :lol:
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    When: Sunday March 6th 2011

Start: 10:30am

Parlking: at the start venue next to Penylan House, Pike Road, Llanvaches, South Wales, NP26 3AY. Car Park Opens Sunday 6th March 07:30am. Basic breakfast fare will also be available.

Squarepants
    Tis about 40 mins from mine so not far at all :)

I think i'll put the bike carrier on the back, esp if its gonna be proper muddy :lol:

Nice one Ben, I can be ready whenever to get there nice and early, brekky sounds good. Yep probably not a bad idea to keep the bikes external due to impending conditions..

40 minutes; not too bad at all..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • WENTWOOD UPDATE

Oh dear, its very boggy.

Rode there this morning with itsmygame, it depends on what route the course follows but some of it is very boggy ( had to pedal downhill just to keep rolling .)

The parts that are effected seem to be where forestry traffic has gone off road, and were people have ridden horses, in these areas it is a complete swamp.

Many other parts rode well, with just a little bit of mud similar to certain sections of Cwmcarn. There is a road closure in place so there might be a few road miles to keep the wheels ticking over.

In summary get some decent tyres and enjoy. :D
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    cwmboyo wrote:
    i did hear ian that there was some good riders in the blackwood rides
    Aye, only some though.
    A couple are out tonight at Cwmcarn. Unfortunately I have something on so I wont be out.
    Looking forward to Wentwood now. Mud Mud and probably yet more mud. Tidy.
  • cwmboyo
    cwmboyo Posts: 114
    wont be long nw, i should be there for about 9 i expect
    why walk when u can ride!!

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • cwmboyo
    cwmboyo Posts: 114
    iv never riden the area but is there really 900 mtrs of climbing over the 25km?
    why walk when u can ride!!

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    cwmboyo wrote:
    iv never riden the area but is there really 900 mtrs of climbing over the 25km?

up up up and away :) hope the weather holds out now give it time to dry up a little make life easier on my aged legs :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Silversladey
    Cheers for the route report.... I dunno if I should stick the good ignitor on the back or swap to a minion!

I imagine I'll be walking a fair bit :lol:
  • Pr][nCe
    Silversladey
    Cheers for the route report.... I dunno if I should stick the good ignitor on the back or swap to a minion!

I imagine I'll be walking a fair bit :lol:

Yea nice one on the report.
    and i think you will find it's we will be walking abit lol.
    high roller 2.3 60a front, ignitor 2.1 62a rear for me, and pray for sun :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • I have a minion up front, I might stick the good ignitor on the front and leave the rear ignitor... would save a bit of weight I guess.

Decisions decisions!
  • itsmygame
    itsmygame Posts: 277
    right guys just cement what sladey was saying............

youd be better off with poles and skis in the hope that you can go over and not thru. lol

it all makes for an interesting ride :lol

: The Northern Monkey

from personal experience id say the minion sheds mud better so it may be heavier but not as heavy as ignitor with 5kg of caked on mud. dont worry too much about grip if it stays like it is no one will be safe. so just pick one that doesnt clog. (too much).
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)
  • itsmygame
    Very good point! minions it is! :D

I imagine its going to be a nice mudbath haha... i'll get some car seat covers too I think (99p form halfords iirc!)
  • My Mrs has just promised to make flapjack for sunday :D
  • billyg23
    billyg23 Posts: 14
    Hmmm

Jumping in late here lads but Metcheck is showing wet weather for Saturday....

:?

I saw from the posted vids u lot were riding Cwmcarn on Sat...what time were u up there?
    Yes that is me in that picture. 160MPH, Sweden 2008.

:P
  • billyg23
    We kicked off around 9:45am
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i've got a problem lads......my wrist has been hurting for a few days now and it's getting worse! the pain is pretty bad and i've got a fair size swollen lump on the side, i can't clench my hand properly, there's no way i can hold onto my bars :shock:

it feels like i may have fractured it, when i twist it the pain is really bad :( if it's no better tomorrow i'm off to the hospital, i was supposed to be riding coed y brenin tomorrow aswell :(

the worst thing is i have no idea how i did it. i came off the bike in october and it felt the same then, but it got better within a day, i did some digging and stuff on sunday and i wonder whether i hurt it somehow then? :x

PS: welcome back gareth :D
  • dandel36
    dandel36 Posts: 70
    can't wait till sunday, first enduro of the year will stick with my nobby nics. see c you all about 9.30 ish (if i don't oversleep again) :oops: wife might come with the dogs if it stays dry she said.
    del
    dale prophet sl
    dale f4
    boardman urban
  • billyg23
    billyg23 Posts: 14
    we were a bit later.....did u see the police inspecting the back of a van whilst u were there? i'm not sure if pikeys had been visting the carpark or not.....we did 2 laps and left at about 2pm....driving past 2 police cars and an irate looking white van driver

we'll be up w-wood on sunday...mud tyres at the ready :P
    Yes that is me in that picture. 160MPH, Sweden 2008.

:P
  • Squarepants
    Kev - MTFU

I was always going to run Ignitors for this event but think I'm going to stick with my scrambler 2.5 HR maxxpros given the reports.

Ben shall we say 8:15 to leave? Up to you captain but should give us time to meander down. I'm happy whatever. Will be good to see the boys out in force..

Seriously though Kev - not great news about your wrist, and don't make up excuses about digging, we all know how you've injured you wrist whilst your away on you own staying in a lonely hotel room night after night :lol:
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Aye, 8:15 at yours sounds good! want to pm me your address etc so i've got it for the Nav Sat?

Gutted Kev :( get some ice on it and rest it!
  • Pr][nCe
    get down a&e kev, have it looked at if alls good just sore get a wrist support to aid the strain, best of luck mukka.

not good this weather and mud report
    maybe 2.5 swampthings front and rear then, sod the weight, sod the rolling resistance get the TRACTOR tyres on and stock up on the jelly babies lol!!!
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Kev

Gutted about the injjury, hope its better by Sunday.
  • Squarepants
    Just read your post in S3W Kev. Hope you get good news fella
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • itsmygame
    itsmygame Posts: 277
    s3w? whats that?

kev i got some kick ass pain killers left if you need them...... oh and a plaster (that always makes me feel better) :D

seriously bad news tho... no special time for a while.

nobby nics for me 2 :lol::lol:

The Northern Monkey

mmmmm flapjacks , can me and sladey have ours at the start cos we'll be done about 3 hours later lol. ps can you kit her up like a formula track girl to give the lads a boost :lol:
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)
  • Pr][nCe
    itsmygame wrote:
    s3w? whats that?

Facebook group done by Kev, South Wales Weekend Warriors.

m8 and i going to afan in the morning 9:30 at the lower free carpark doing the Wall.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • welshkev
    hi guys, cheers for the replies, it's ok it's my left wrist so my time up here in north wales won't be wasted :lol:

i'm gutted though, it's really sunny up here and my planned ride at coed y brenin hasn't happened :(

the hospital have said it's a tendon/ligament issue so nothing broken, it's strapped up and i'm gonna drink some vodka to make it better :lol:

the doc said not to ride sunday but sod that, i'll just take lots of pain killers :lol:

GARETH:

S3W is a facebook page i started (south wales weekend warriors) join it and see :D
  • Squarepants
    welshkev wrote:
    sod that, i'll just take lots of pain killers :lol:

That's the spirit Kev :D

Brakes still haven't turned up :cry:
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • welshkev
    welshkev wrote:
    sod that, i'll just take lots of pain killers :lol:

That's the spirit Kev :D

Brakes still haven't turned up :cry:

where'd you order them from mate?
  • itsmygame wrote:
    The Northern Monkey

mmmmm flapjacks , can me and sladey have ours at the start cos we'll be done about 3 hours later lol. ps can you kit her up like a formula track girl to give the lads a boost :lol:

LMFAO.. I only just read this!

I'llsee how many she makes, will stick em in a tub and you can take some with if you want lol (assuming she's actually going to make me some!)

Unfortunately she won't be attending the enduro, but I like the idea... will see if I can get her kitted out for my own "benefit" afterwards :lol: