south wales Rides?

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Hi guys,

Kev

have you got a link to the facebook site, I am the only human who is not on there but I can log in under Mrs Slades account.

i wasn't on facebook until yesterday, i got bored in work :lol:

if you log i in the wifes name and just type in south wales weekend warriors into the search box at the top and it should come up :D
  • hey all thanks for the welcome getting a little worried now as you all seem to be talking about this enduro lol im really unfit at the present but really do need to get training for the mega so i hope people won't mind me holding them up for a bit???
    i hope no one minds mind me putting this up but also have a FB group
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gi ... 2572983317
    that's the link called MTB south wales been running since last summer not many members yet but i will be making flyers and promoting it this year and seeing if i can get some magazines to offer us some discounts or something to once i sort my assignments out maybe april time i will start writting to people, also for all the people who are doing this enduro ride i'm a sports therapist so if you ever pull a muscle or something i'm the man to see :)
  • andyd2506 wrote:
    hey all thanks for the welcome getting a little worried now as you all seem to be talking about this enduro lol im really unfit at the present but really do need to get training for the mega so i hope people won't mind me holding them up for a bit???
    :)

None of us are really fit we are social riders who enjoy a blast around Cwmcarn and surrounding trails, Myself and itsmygame entered the Wentwood challenge to try and shed a few crimbo pounds.

Hope to see you on the trail soon mate
  • phew was getting a little worried there :) i know how you feel about the xmas poundage i;m suffering from the same hahaha anyone out any other time over the weekend except sunday i will be up for a ride tomorrow to if anyone about.......

is it like tradition to put what bike you ride at the end of your message or something??? i'm new to this forum so a little lost here but i see everyone put's up a bike or a list of bikes and video's lol i would be here all day if i had to put them up to HAHAHA
  • hi guys,
    vids look great Darren , trails looked great wish i could have been there :( as for sunday i'm up for it.

welsh kev- went to coed-y -brenin last year pay and display in car park different amounts for time spent . check postcode if you use sat nav mine took me to the old centre. (new centre 500 yards down road , )
    del
    dale prophet sl
    dale f4
    boardman urban
  • rhyko7
    rhyko7 Posts: 781
    This wentwood enduro is going to take forever in this mud, def using a mud tyre on the back, ile ride there tomoz evening if it doesnt rain or sunday (if i dont crash satday on cwmdown) to get a better idea of what its like up there, but im expecting mud, thick gloopy mud.
    anyone ridden up there lately?
    Dont look at it-ride it! they are tools not f*cking ornaments

my riding:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rhyspect

Some of my Rides Data/maps:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/Users/527337
  • welshkev
    rhyko7 wrote:
    This wentwood enduro is going to take forever in this mud, def using a mud tyre on the back, ile ride there tomoz evening if it doesnt rain or sunday (if i dont crash satday on cwmdown) to get a better idea of what its like up there, but im expecting mud, thick gloopy mud.
    anyone ridden up there lately?

no i was relying on you to let us know :lol: i drove past there earlier and wished i had my bike to go for a quick blast to get an idea :(

del

cheers mate, i think i've been to the new centre so i should be ok, i'm only going to do one of the shorter routes cos i won't have much time, but it'll still be good :D
  • Hi all,

I have an entry for the Wentwood50K up for grabs if anyone is interested?
    I entered but am now having an operation 2 days before, so will be out of action for several weeks.

It's the full 50K entry with a T shirt paid for as well, gotta be worth 20quid if somebody wants it? Be a shame to waste the entry.

Ta

Steve
  • welshkev
    nosebag wrote:
    Hi all,

I have an entry for the Wentwood50K up for grabs if anyone is interested?
    I entered but am now having an operation 2 days before, so will be out of action for several weeks.

It's the full 50K entry with a T shirt paid for as well, gotta be worth 20quid if somebody wants it? Be a shame to waste the entry.

Ta

Steve

i may know someone who wants it mate, where are you from as he'd need to get the confirmation email off you :D
  • If wentwood is anything like what Cwmcarn was last weekend (and lets remember that Cwmcarn drains really well) then i'll be using minion F + R.

My ignitors were SHITE at cwmcarn last friday :(

2 loops of Cwm sounds good to me though. I need to see if my legs will turn for that long :lol:

TBH though, the 1st climb kills me... just no warm up! i'm fine half way round!
  • Welshkev,

I can email you direct with my details, so you can pass onto your mate if you like.
    Once confirmed, I can contact the organiser to rename the entry.
  • welshkev
    if i make it out guys it'll only be 1 lap for me. i'm still trying to earn enough brownie points as i'm supposed to be going out to watch the rugby saturday.

so as short a time as possible out :?

i'll make up for it with my C-Y-B ride in the week :D

but shall we say 9.30 as usual sunday? you guys can meet even if i don't make it :D
  • Yup, 9:30 sounds good to me :)

Wheres Gareth these days? :lol: Did he get his seatpost sorted?!
  • welshkev
    Yup, 9:30 sounds good to me :)

Wheres Gareth these days? :lol: Did he get his seatpost sorted?!

yeah he got his seatpost sorted :lol: i'm sure he broke it on purpose though the smile he had on his face :wink:

he's been down in devon on a rehab thing, he starts back to work after his accident in 2 weeks so they're putting him through his paces, he may be back this weekend though :D
  • welshkev
    nosebag wrote:
    Welshkev,

I can email you direct with my details, so you can pass onto your mate if you like.
    Once confirmed, I can contact the organiser to rename the entry.

yeah, drop me an email so i have your address, and i'll pass it onto my mate if that's ok with you and you can sort it out between you if that's cool?
  • yep im there sunday 9.30 cwmcarn yes?? look out for a red volvo c70 please as i won't know who anyone is yet hahaha
  • I'll be in a blue 206.... and i'l be the only person in Wales wearing an Irn Bru jersey.
  • ok cool i mite even go earlyer and meet you at the top as i am terrible at climbing cwmcarn i hate that first bit out of the car park kills me lol i can have a run around the freeride bit then to and have a play on the jumps there....
    i will be riding a 2009 red and white kona coilair

and probably look something like this
    103_1366.jpg
  • andyd2506
    Don't worry mate, I'm always at the back :lol:

Still haven't figured out how to ride this FS up hill yet!
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]here is my mug shot last year add about another stone to that, damn xmas lol

IMG_0905crop.jpg

9:30 it is then at cwmcarn Thats me ^
    Will be in a 04 Red Clio, with roofrack. with that bike on it :)
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    V
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Pr][nCe
    If wentwood is anything like what Cwmcarn was last weekend (and lets remember that Cwmcarn drains really well) then i'll be using minion F + R.

My ignitors were SHITE at cwmcarn last friday :(

2 loops of Cwm sounds good to me though. I need to see if my legs will turn for that long :lol:

TBH though, the 1st climb kills me... just no warm up! i'm fine half way round!

I was out with a neer bald ignitor on the rear at cwm me and Del weather was not good loland last weekend at afan, well impresed with it, so got a nice new one ready to go on for this weekend and a highroller front
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]here is my mug shot last year add about another stone to that, damn xmas lol

IMG_0905crop.jpg

9:30 it is then at cwmcarn Thats me ^
    Will be in a 04 Red Clio, with roofrack. with that bike on it :)
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    V
    i'm possative i have seen you up there before and chatted to you??
    monkey no seriously since Christmas i have been hitting the road way to get to the top and still been stopping for a break or two on route hahaha i think i need to loose 2 stone before mega avalanch i think :)
    i looked up wentwood and gave me 2 options cardiff or newport where riding to mate?? will come and give you some moral support..
  • Pr][nCe
    Unsure mukka maybe, still don't know what you look like :roll:
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • So what is everyone doing on sunday then?

Not sure if i should stick local or go natural Afan is a waste of time at the moment only really the wall there at the moment with all the trail work going on :(
  • it's pissing down on sunday looking at the weather forcast guys but sunny on saturday from about 10am maybe be better to change the day to saturday????
  • welshkev
    i'm sticking with sunday guys, but like i said i'm not 100% anyway so you guys do what you want :D

a bit of rain never hurt anyone anyway......oh wait, what about that big flood in australia.....
  • yeah i don't have any wet weather gear but i'm sure i can sort something out, looks liek it's raining sat to from the weather forcast on TV lol
  • Pr][nCe
    weather cant be much worse than last time at cwmcarn init Del lol
    i be there Sunday cant do sat.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Was a bit damp the other week, got to be Sunday for me as well, working Saturday

Del
    dale prophet sl
    dale f4
    boardman urban
  • Pr][nCe
    edited February 2011
    Sunday 9:30 Cwmcarn.
    so thats
    Pr][nCe / Darren
    dandel36 / Del
    The Northern Monkey / Ben