south wales Rides?

Comments

• Am gutted I missed out on the group ride, bet it was a right laugh! And all because of a 50p bolt ( which are all not locktite'd in!)

Kev, cheers for the heads up about the freeride bit... i did the red and struggled keeping in a straight line down there!

After yesterdays fun in the mud, i've jsut purchased a mucky nutz fender bender :lol:
  • hey guys, Taz and I turned up ten or so minutes late, with our breakfasts in hand. Was abit of wierd morning. Will be there next week again but on the upside i did get blown off the trail at the top int he wind :s
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Hi guys,

sorry all again I feel like I'm letting the side down having not wridden for the last 2 weekends :oops: it's not that i think you're a bunch of bulbs honest :lol: I've really missed riding and missed the banter, yesterday sounded a pleasure. I'm definately out this weekend sat/sun don't care, can't wait :D

On another note, huge thanks to Kev who went out of his way today and used his time to deliver an Ignitor to my works. Above and beyond the call of duty so massive thanks to you Kev you're an absolute gent.

See you on the weekend boys! (hopefully meet some new faces too - we've got a great bunch of lads by the sounds)
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    squarepants

no worries mate, pleasure doing business with you :D
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    Thanks for letting me tag along. Nice to meet up with you lot. Hopefully catch you again next weekend. Rear brake gave up the ghost on penultimate section. Seized on :cry: That was hard work coming down. Still better than losing them altogether. Sorry I couldn't wait. But it was getting well cold at the bottom.
    Thanks guys
    Gareths Uncle :D
  • welcome e!

Squarepants
    welshkev
    GET A ROOM!!! :lol:

dandel36
    ha! it was purely because i was out with a great bunch of guys lol :lol::lol:

think im gonna go look for a neo gaurd thing!!!
    RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)
  • i meant guard!!!!! before anyone says
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    ordered a fender bender 2, after the crap i was pulling out my eyeballs Sunday night, looked at them neo guards, just don't like the thought of all that crap runing down the shock arch and to the fork seals, seen what it did to my brakes, no ta. could have wore my glasses mind i left in the car, but anyone can do it the easy way lol.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Squarepants
    itsmygame wrote:
    Squarepants
    welshkev

Don't be jealous of the budding relationship G, it's a beautiful thing :lol:

You bunch of girls, mud this and eyes that - what's wrong with you all :lol:

Can't wait to get out again and the Wentwood50 is looking better all the time..

Is it a little bit homo that it's Monday and I'm already gearing up for the weekend ride 8)
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • itsmygame wrote:
    Squarepants
    welshkev

Is it a little bit homo that it's Monday and I'm already gearing up for the weekend ride 8)

Not at all!
    I was looking forward to seeing you... I mean riding with everyone this weekend after i'd cleaned my bike on Sunday :lol:
  • Squarepants
    Can't wait to see you too Ben....I mean I'm really looking forward to getting dirty in the forest with a load of blokes....I mean...oh you get the idea

So whos Riding Sunday AM?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Ahhh shiiiiittttt... dunno if i'm gonna be able to go now :(

Have a meeting in Flintshire on Friday, so I might be going home (Lancs) for the weekend.

Depends on timings and train prices though.
  • Pr][nCe
    New cassette, chain, granny ring, middle ring, pads front and rear.
    i will bring spare lube, sorry did i say lube i ment "spare tube" :wink:

i know one thing, when i go into a secluded car park with many cars parked up, and steamy windows, i ain't flashing my light. no way hosay!

what time peeps?
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • :shock: :shock: :lol::lol::D:D

ha! this thread is only going one way lol....................
  • should be out :P spinny spinny, Got my new pads too :P
  • should be coming out :P

Knew you were a gayer :lol:
  • ianm59
    Am I right in assuming that you are meeting this Sunday at 09'30. Would it be ok if some of the Blackwood boys joined you. Could be a tidy turn out 8) . We try to go to somewhere a little different once a month if anyone is interested.
  • yeah sunday mornings e! 9 30. but i prob wont be there this week cos im going away on sun afternoon. :( will try tho.

it'll cost alot of brownie points lol
  • Pr][nCe
    Ah 9:30 it is then.
    going to afan in the morning parking at the little no fee carpark bottom of the wall ride.
    04 Red Clio, with roofrack.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • should be coming out :P

Knew you were a gayer :lol:

:p You were just hoping so you had a chance Ha!
  • ianm59
    Is it Cwmcarn on Sunday morning at 9.30?
  • def won't be around this weekend... sorry chaps! :(
  • welshkev
    hi guys, sorry i haven't posted i've just got back from manchester.

i won't be out this weekend either, i'm working saturday and i've been away all week so i want to see the gf and little boy sunday :D

have a good one though whoever goes out and i'll catch you all the weekend after :D
  • im still an unlikely

ian im off to rehab lol
  • Squarepants
    Guys I might ride tomorrow then, I'm out ont' p1ss Sat night and with all the will in the world I may not get in time for 9:30 Sunday. Would be good to meet the guys i haven't met before - I dunno I'll see what's happening and decide tomorrow.

I'll be in a white Celica on Sunday if anyone recognises it, hopefully see some of you this weekend - that's 3 weeks now I've been unsocial :cry:

Have a good weekend whatever you're doing all and hope to see some of you
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Afternoon guys,

Slightly off topic, but seening as we're all pretty much local, can any of you reccommend a good local LBS that can give my bike a quick service, and more importantly sort out by bloody gears. I took it to an LBS near me a while back and since it's come back the gears, both front and rear, are slipping all over the place. The front got stuck on the big ring today when I was out on a ride, and I couldn't get them to change down again. I've tried adjusting things, but not being mechanically minded, I've probally made things a whole lot worse.

Alternatively, if any of you lot are mechanically minded and want to earn a few quick quid.......I'd rather line your pockets with my hard earned cash than give it to a shop.

Still hoping to get out with you all soon, just putting the finishing touches to a house I'm renovating and then I should have some free time.

Cheers

J
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • ianm59
    Sounds like you could do with some new cables. If they are new cables then they may need to be set up because of the stretch in them.
  • welshkev
    jndb72 wrote:
    Afternoon guys,

Slightly off topic, but seening as we're all pretty much local, can any of you reccommend a good local LBS that can give my bike a quick service, and more importantly sort out by bloody gears. I took it to an LBS near me a while back and since it's come back the gears, both front and rear, are slipping all over the place. The front got stuck on the big ring today when I was out on a ride, and I couldn't get them to change down again. I've tried adjusting things, but not being mechanically minded, I've probally made things a whole lot worse.

Alternatively, if any of you lot are mechanically minded and want to earn a few quick quid.......I'd rather line your pockets with my hard earned cash than give it to a shop.

Still hoping to get out with you all soon, just putting the finishing touches to a house I'm renovating and then I should have some free time.

Cheers

J

where abouts are you? i use tredz in cardiff cos i work right next door. PS cycles in abercarn are supoosed to be good aswell :D

sorry again i can't make it this weekend guys. i really need to get out to get in some more training for the enduro aswell :?
  • I know what you mean Kev!

I won't be out with you guys next weekend either :( i'm going to be riding on Friday morning next week if anyone is interested?

I have family over that weekend so can't get out :(

Think I might ride 26th and 27th the week after to get more miles in. I have a feeling this 25k might eb a bit of a shock to the system!
  • welshkev
    I know what you mean Kev!

I won't be out with you guys next weekend either :( i'm going to be riding on Friday morning next week if anyone is interested?

I have family over that weekend so can't get out :(

Think I might ride 26th and 27th the week after to get more miles in. I have a feeling this 25k might eb a bit of a shock to the system!

is that the 19th? what you got planned? i could do with a day off :lol: