Transfers and contracts thread

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I thought RS had a 2 year deal with the option for another 2 years. I can't see them continuing beyond next year.

Phinney could also be wanting to ride with George Hincapie and under Jim Och. I assume Davis is tight with Jim.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72
    Roger Hammond
    Heinrich Haussler
    Andreas Klier
    Brett Lancaster
    Daniel Lloyd
    Gabriel Rasch

Confirmed for Garmin.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    CW saying that Cervelo riders Hammond, Haussler, Klier, Lancaster, Lloyd and Rasch will ride with Garmin-Cervelo next year, in addition to Hushovd.

I guess Garmin-Transitions are going to have to unship a few from the current squad.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    DaveyL wrote:
    CW saying that Cervelo riders Hammond, Haussler, Klier, Lancaster, Lloyd and Rasch will ride with Garmin-Cervelo next year, in addition to Hushovd.

I guess Garmin-Transitions are going to have to unship a few from the current squad.

No wonder Tommy D is pulling his finger out in Spain.

Strava is not Zen.
  • Alex Dowsett said he had the choice of three ProTour squads on the RP podcast
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    iainf72 wrote:
    Phinney to BMC.

Apparantly.

Bit of a surprise I thought he would be moving into the RS team.

I read RS had a two year deal and knew Lance was only riding for one more year anyway. Don't want to see any teams folding at the moment so hope Phinney doesn't know something we don't
  • To BMC:

Amaël Moinard
    Johan Tschopp
    Manuel Quinziato
    Ivan Santaromita
    Yannick Eyssen
    Greg Van Avermaet,
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Any neo pro has to sign a two year deal, a pro can't be offered a one year deal.
  • Eros Capecchi, Damiano Caruso, Paolo Longo Borghini and Cristiano Salerno, to Liquigas

Bos is back with Rabo
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

Bos is back with Rabo

Back with the Conti squad or the Pro Tour?

• Bos is back with Rabo

He'll probably join the ProTour squad, but the article on Rabosport only states that he returns to Rabo Wielerploegen BV.
  • rick_chasey
    A 'return' suggests the conti squad, which was why I asked.

Where's the site?
  • The article I saw didn't exactly say but I would assume PT
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241

Bos is back with Rabo

According to Cycling News, it's grown-ups Rabo.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95.
    Not a transfer, but it looks like Russell Downing has got another year:

Brailsford: "Nobody can say that Russell Downing doesn't deserve another year with Team Sky. He's had a great season, won four races and has done everything we've asked of him,"

He also said he'd be interested in Cancellara if he became available. He's starting to sound like Harry Redknapp.
  • RichN95 wrote:

Brailsford: "Nobody can say that Russell Downing doesn't deserve another year with Team Sky. He's had a great season, won four races and has done everything we've asked of him,"

He also said he'd be interested in Cancellara if he became available. He's starting to sound like Harry Redknapp.

Could IMAGINE Harry Redknapp running a cycling team?!?!
  • RichN95 wrote:

p.

Isn't that a bit tight? Another year? He's been one of Sky's more committed riders - couldn't he get good offers from elsewhere?
  • The offer from Sky is a good one
  • Good - I'm pleased about that. :)
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Radioshack sign some riders... Cardoso in from Footon, Jesse Sergent up from the Trek U23 squad, and former junior TT world champ Michal Kwiatkowski from Caja Rural.

Lampre sign Przemyslaw Niemiec from Miche. I'm amazed it's taken so long for this guy to get a Pro Tour gig. He's always been up there in the small Italian races for the past four or five years, yet no team has touched him with a bargepole. Makes you wonder why.
  • RichN95.
    Having seen the 3m euro price tag for Cancellara, Manchester City have signed him for 26m euro. He'll play at right back.
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    edited September 2010
    RichN95 wrote:
    Having seen the 3m euro price tag for Cancellara, Manchester City have signed him for 26m euro. He'll play at right back.

Been thinking about this + pretty sure the new system for qualification for the Grand Tours for next season encourages a transfer system akin to football.

Only top 17 teams get automatic entries to the three Grand Tours. Top 17 decided by ranking points (top 5 riders in squad), but using composition of next year's squad not this. hence a mad scramble to sign up riders with better ranking points.

Cancellara probably worth his weight in gold to any team hovering near the cut off mark.
  • RichN95.
    Only top 17 teams get automatic entries to the three Grand Tours. Top 17 decided by ranking points (top 5 riders in squad), but using composition of next year's squad not this. hence a mad scramble to sign up riders with better ranking points.

I'm pretty certain that it doesn't work like that. It's the end of year rankings that count. The transferable points was mooted but rejected.

Now the scramble for a ProTour licence does rely (partly) on the 2011 roster. 14 teams going for 8 places and FC would be close to guaranteeing a licence for any team.
  • Luis Leon Sanchez signed a 2 year contract with Rabobank. There were some rumours a few weeks ago, but it looked like he would be staying at Caisse/Movistar.

After Breschel, Bos, Wynants, Slagter and Vermeltfoort he's the 6th new signing for Rabo. Bol will also join the team, but as a trainee.

http://www.rabosport.nl/
  • According to Sean Kelly, Barredo's signed for the men in orange too
  • bipedal
    bipedal Posts: 466
    Bernardus wrote:
    Luis Leon Sanchez signed a 2 year contract with Rabobank. There were some rumours a few weeks ago, but it looked like he would be staying at Caisse/Movistar.

After Breschel, Bos, Wynants, Slagter and Vermeltfoort he's the 6th new signing for Rabo. Bol will also join the team, but as a trainee.

http://www.rabosport.nl/

Surprising!! Must be offering him top dollar!
  • rick_chasey
    Rabo are looking strong for 2011!!
  • Vandborg, Liquigas to Saxo

Remy Di Gregario to Astana

Stamsnijder (Rabo) and Monfort to Lux team

Brajkovic maybe to Liquigas or Team Sky

Napolitano to maybe Ceramica Flaminia or Acqua & Sapone

Simon Clarke, ISD-Neri - Astana (rumour)

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/transfe ... n-the-move
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    Svein Tuft to Fly-V

Also rumourage of Robbie McEwen heading that way...
  • bipedal
    bipedal Posts: 466
    iainf72 wrote:
    Svein Tuft to Fly-V

Also rumourage of Robbie McEwen heading that way...

So are Fly-V the Aussie wannabe ProTour team??