Transfers and contracts thread

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Popovych mk II...

Run it by me again how Popo won his monuments ?

Not what I meant. Just pointing out they're a similar type of rider, and now they have a similar career path. Devolder will do a similar job at the Shack as Popovych, regardless of what they did when they were away from Bruyneel.
  • yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245
    Cav to Sky? How long after the footie will the British press start on this one?
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

Same way Devloder finished on the podium of a Grand Tour

Are you seriously equating winning two Flanders with a 3rd in the Giro ?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    What afx said
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    afx237vi wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Popovych mk II...

Not what I meant. Just pointing out they're a similar type of rider, l

In what way are they similiar ? One has won monments and thinks he could podium in a GT but was long way away from it wheras as the other has never got near a monument and did podium in a GT 6 years ago .
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,462
    K-WF wrote:

Pozzato to Sky according to that?! :shock:

I bet his inner chimp is well groomed at least.
  • afx237vi
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    Not what I meant. Just pointing out they're a similar type of rider, l

In what way are they similiar ? One has won monments and thinks he could podium in a GT but was long way away from it wheras as the other has never got near a monument and did podium in a GT 6 years ago .

They're both big strong rouleurs who can do a job of protecting the designated leader in flat or hilly stages of a stage-race. Which is the main reason Bruyneel would consider re-signing Devolder.
  • yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245
    Some interesting rumours: Cav, Pozzato, Cunego and Joaquin Rodriguez to Sky. :shock:
  • K-WF
    K-WF Posts: 8
    Some interesting rumours: Cav, Pozzato, Cunego and Joaquin Rodriguez to Sky. :shock:

The Cav-to-Sky rumor exists since Sky was formed.
    Rodriguez and Pozzato are actually alternatives for when Sky doesn't get Cunego.
    But remember: just rumors.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    afx237vi wrote:

Speaking of which, I read that Popo's best bud Volodomir Bileka might sign with Amore e Vita.

Already done. He DNF'ed at Philly yesterday
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • afx237vi
    iainf72 wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Speaking of which, I read that Popo's best bud Volodomir Bileka might sign with Amore e Vita.

Already done. He DNF'ed at Philly yesterday

Ah, cool, I didn't know it was a done deal. I remember reading this - "I made unforgiveable mistakes, and I lost everythin. I'm paying for this but now I want to be helpful in the war on drugs [...]"

Good luck to him.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Devolder now linked with Vacansoleil.
    “We are already agreed,” said the team’s general manager Daan Luijkx. “We want it and Stijn wants it. Now we have to come to a financial agreement.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    A financial agreement from The Shack to suit Devolder and his agent yeah?
  • frenchfighter
    Katusha interested in Menchov.

“There is no direct contact, but we certainly want to have him in our team,”
    Contador is the Greatest
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    I think the 'Cav-to-Sky' issue will depend on the respective performances of him and Wiggo at the Tour thsi year.

If Wiggo goes well and competes on GC, then I would imagine Sky will persevere with Brad as undisputed team leader and the focus of the whole team. If Wiggo bombs on GC and Cav wins a hatful of stages, perhaps they may reconsider? Sky need wins and realistically, you could never describe Brad as being prolific, whereas Cav almost guarantees 15 wins a season.

That said, Sky did have bad luck with EBH this season, so perhaps once he's back on form, he'll take the strain in terms of high-profile results, so Brad can concentrate on the Tour podium.
  • K-WF
    K-WF Posts: 8
    It would be best for Sky if they have a good gc-guy and a good sprinter in the team. However, EBH without injuries is a very good sprinter. So they don't need Cav. If Wiggo 'fails', they'll search for a better gc rider. Like Kreuziger maybe.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Anyone else heard Devolder to Vaconsolei?
  • iainf72
    K-WF wrote:
    It would be best for Sky if they have a good gc-guy and a good sprinter in the team. However, EBH without injuries is a very good sprinter. So they don't need Cav. If Wiggo 'fails', they'll search for a better gc rider. Like Kreuziger maybe.

Kreuziger doesn't like Sky though and wouldn't go there. His interview in the last cycle sport put it in rather forthright terms.
  • frenchfighter
    Anyone else heard Devolder to Vaconsolei?

Yep
    Devolder now linked with Vacansoleil.
    “We are already agreed,” said the team’s general manager Daan Luijkx. “We want it and Stijn wants it. Now we have to come to a financial agreement.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • The Prodigy
    The Prodigy Posts: 832
    iainf72 wrote:
    K-WF wrote:

Kreuziger doesn't like Sky though and wouldn't go there. His interview in the last cycle sport put it in rather forthright terms.

Was Kreuziger Brailsford's top pro with the dodgy passport? He must have been, all that guff about Iphones was abit of a strange rant.

Anyone would want to ride for Sky wouldn't they Iain? ManU of cycling
  • iainf72

Was Kreuziger Brailsford's top pro with the dodgy passport? He must have been, all that guff about Iphones was abit of a strange rant.

Could've been. Or Nibs. Or Ballan. Or Danilo Di Luca :wink:
  • iainf72
    Visconti to Liquigas for 2011
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Sky are reported to have signed several climbers for 2011. Anyone know more?
  • frenchfighter
    iainf72 wrote:
    Visconti to Liquigas for 2011

Oh yes.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    What about: -

Cancellara?
    O'Grady?
    Sorensen (x2)?
    Voigt?
    Porte?
    Haedo?
    Fulglsang?

Some big talent looking for contracts in the event Riis Cycling impodes.
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,173
    Kléber wrote:
    Sky are reported to have signed several climbers for 2011. Anyone know more?

What...like Chris Bonington..???
    :wink:

Oh that type of climber.....
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I have it on good authority that the Chinese government are after Jens Voigt as a cheaper alternative to their next big hydro-electric project.

Apparently Saxo Bank tried fitting the same motor as Fabian Cancellara to Jens Voigts bike, but it actually made him slower...!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • afx237vi
    ^ You should ask Robbie Hunter for a lend of his Chuck Norris book :wink:
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    http://twitter.com/CQranking/status/18017181713
    As widely expected, following AMPO's joining into Lampre-Farnese, Andrei Kashechkin (Kaz) signs with the Italian squad. #cyclingtransfers
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • iainf72
    Van Avermaet to BMC