Transfers and contracts thread

Comments

• calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    “I think Roman Kreuziger is the strongest addition,” he said, speaking about the new signings. “He is young but a very promising racer. Perhaps Roman will be the main striking force of Astana in the Giro and will be my principal assistant in the Tour.”

:lol:

Right... let me think who that quote could be from...

...Kessiakof, tho he's getting a bit above himself?

:roll: Fool.

Strava is not Zen.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Portal also confirmed leaving Sky.

And Calzati is being a bitter hater :wink:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Vaughters still hiring.......he must have a huge squad now?
    Inner Ring wrote:
    Garmin still hiring, they've just signed Sep Vanmarcke from Topsport-Vlaanderen. He was 2nd in Gent-Wevelgem, KOM in Dunkirk 4 day
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Garmin wanting to be the new Saxo in the classics season perhaps?
  • calvjones wrote:
    “I think Roman Kreuziger is the strongest addition,” he said, speaking about the new signings. “He is young but a very promising racer. Perhaps Roman will be the main striking force of Astana in the Giro and will be my principal assistant in the Tour.”

:lol:

Right... let me think who that quote could be from...

...Kessiakof, tho he's getting a bit above himself?

:roll: Fool.

the permanently fatigued one !
  • Please tell me if I'm wrong but I thought teams were limited to 30 riders.

If that is the case surely Garmin/Cervelo/Transitions have got enough for two full teams, even after they've let a few go?
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Ireland's Matt Brammeier to HTC-Columbia
  • iainf72
    Tim Duggan and Ted King to Liquigas
  • Bronzie wrote:
    Vaughters still hiring.......he must have a huge squad now?
    Inner Ring wrote:
    Garmin still hiring, they've just signed Sep Vanmarcke from Topsport-Vlaanderen. He was 2nd in Gent-Wevelgem, KOM in Dunkirk 4 day

That's no way to sell someone's talents, I could be KOM in 4 days of Dunkirk
  • iainf72
    Wegelius to Team Type 1?
  • iainf72
    Deignan to the Shack (via 39teeth)
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Crap
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    iainf72 wrote:
    Wegelius to Team Type 1?

Or Sky?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Kashechkin signed for another 2 years at Lampre.
  • iainf72
    Max Sciandri to BMC as DS.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    iainf72 wrote:

Yes, Jim O is the kind of honest guy Max can do business with, and cycling needs more of

(now where did I put that raised-eyebrow smiley...?)

Strava is not Zen.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    To lose one DS in a season is bad luck. To lose two might be careless. But three DS's going in the space of one season?
  • iainf72
    DaveyL wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Wegelius to Team Type 1?

Or Sky?

According to Feltet, he was about to sign with Saxo Bank, Berts positive cropped up, Charlie said "nope" and has signed with United Heathcare instead.
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Kléber wrote:
    To lose one DS in a season is bad luck. To lose two might be careless. But three DS's going in the space of one season?

Only lost Sunderland haven't they? Nygaard was Press Officer and Sciandri a coach/British Cycling Academy director? Notice he had a few digs at Sky:
    "He's [Ochowicz] clear, honest, correct and professional. Cycling needs a few more people like him to get things sorted out," said Sciandri. "I also like the way the team has come out quietly - not shouting things out that they are going to do."

It'd already been hinted that there were a few changes among the backroom staff.

Ignoring all this, Russ Downing has confirmed he's signed a 1 year extension to the end of 2011.
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    There is a nice article on Velonews with various statements from Brailsford. In there he says that Mick Rogers has signed for Sky and Portal has been offered an assistant DS role in the team.
    “We have more signings still to come. So far we’ve signed Alex Dowsett, who’s a great prologue rider and has come through the British system, we have the Spaniards, Xabier Zondo and Rigoberto Uran and Mick Rogers, and we’ve offered an assistant DS join to Nicolas Portal, who rode with us this season. We really like Nicolas, and he knows the Spanish guys too, this could help with the work we need to do to make the integration process easier with many of the riders. Now is the time for us to straighten out the issues of the last season.”
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Glad Russ Downing has been offered another contract, would love to see him get a big win next year...good guy to stick in the breakaways in a GT maybe?

Sky do seem to be learning from some of their mistakes.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    squired wrote:
    There is a nice article on Velonews with various statements from Brailsford. In there he says that Mick Rogers has signed for Sky and Portal has been offered an assistant DS role in the team.
    . We really like Nicolas, and he knows the Spanish guys too, this could help with the work we need to do to make the integration process easier with many of the riders.

So even Brailsford thinks Uran is Spanish. :roll: When will people learn?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Is this the same thought process that said "Well Sciandri is half Italian so he can help with Cioni and Calzati and that"
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    iainf72 wrote:

""The bikes that BMC makes are uniquely designed,” he said, “with a clear concept of quality and performance. I also like the way the team has come out quietly – not shouting things out that they are going to do."

No idea what he could be talking about there.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,663
    RichN95 wrote:
    squired wrote:
    . We really like Nicolas, and he knows the Spanish guys too, this could help with the work we need to do to make the integration process easier with many of the riders.

So even Brailsford thinks Uran is Spanish. :roll: When will people learn?

Reading that interview, it looks like Brailsford even thinks Mick Rogers is Spanish. :D
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Mika Rojas
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,663
    Kléber wrote:
    Mika Rojas

Not much of a code name
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Charlie Wegelius to UnitedHealthcare-Maxxis (via cyclingnews).
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    “We were asked about the recent speculation about Michael joining Team Sky during an interview. I can confirm that we’ve spoken to him but we don’t talk about riders who are contracted to other teams until the end of the season,” Brailsford said.

Ok.

And secondly, Wiggins anyone.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Mauro Da Dalto, Alan Marangoni e Simone Ponzi, Timothy "Timmy" Duggan, Ted King, Cameron Wurf and Domink Nerz

All gone to Liquigas