ripped off

Comments

• jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    WTF?
  • Lucky Luke
    Lucky Luke Posts: 402
    do you want to meet halfway then . Might be an idea to let me see some photos first. i could see the bike first then pick the wife up later. Not doing much tomorrow apart from picking her up anyway. Totally ruined my sunday and it's only saturday.
    Luke
  • steelem
    steelem Posts: 199
    not meetin halfway Luke - i gotta get all this groupset off the bike - it will be a bloody nightmare i never done it before. im looking for a sl2 sl3 frame at the moment if i manage to get hold of one ill let you know.
    Lucky Luke wrote:
    do you want to meet halfway then . Might be an idea to let me see some photos first. i could see the bike first then pick the wife up later. Not doing much tomorrow apart from picking her up anyway. Totally ruined my sunday and it's only saturday.
  • jim453
    ??

Totally ruined my sunday and it's only saturday.

You don't make much sense mate.

Are you serious about buying steelems bike? Only, if it's a wind up it might be in poor taste. Guy's been through enough.

and are you aware it's not a 56?
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Steel 'em, is this the bloke you bought it off?
    article-0-006ECCE900000258-486_468x441.jpg

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Lucky Luke
    OK . That's fine. No rush. I just wanted to fill in some time. I can't go out with the club you see tomorrow as she's coming back tomorrow dinnertime. It's totally knacked my sunday . then one of my mates cried off riding today cos of the weather . I noticed in one of the magazines by the way they had new sl2 frames for £1299 I think but only in a 54. That's too small for me. might suit you though. Best of luck with the mechanics. Hate that part of cycling myself - you not got a bike shop near you or a mate who will do it for you?
    Luke
  • Soni
    Soni Posts: 1,217
    steelem wrote:
    sonny - your winding me up m8 - just have some peace with this thread = Good seller

I'm winding you up? So you ain't winding anybody else up in this thread are ya?

Stop being such a tw@t, you messed up big time, accept it, and stop blaming this other guy for your c0ck up!

If you don't want to be open to negative Criticism then think about things next time and engage your brain before getting your wedge out, and if/when you act a dick again don't post about it on a public forum.....as you obviously can't take the criticism...
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    steelem wrote:
    funny enough originally from bham - but thats what i thought it would be like when i moved down here - tractors etc - but im afraid your wrong & so was I its a normal town but its WHITE!!!

so as well as being desperately naive - you are also a racist bigot...??
  • steelem
    ye ill get bike shop to do it - when i get another frame - 54 perfect for me ill take a look - thanks Luke

Lucky Luke wrote:
    OK . That's fine. No rush. I just wanted to fill in some time. I can't go out with the club you see tomorrow as she's coming back tomorrow dinnertime. It's totally knacked my sunday . then one of my mates cried off riding today cos of the weather . I noticed in one of the magazines by the way they had new sl2 frames for £1299 I think but only in a 54. That's too small for me. might suit you though. Best of luck with the mechanics. Hate that part of cycling myself - you not got a bike shop near you or a mate who will do it for you?
  • steelem
    Not rising to the bait - find another thread Soni !!
    Soni wrote:
    steelem wrote:
    sonny - your winding me up m8 - just have some peace with this thread = Good seller

Stop being such a tw@t, you messed up big time, accept it, and stop blaming this other guy for your c0ck up!

If you don't want to be open to negative Criticism then think about things next time and engage your brain before getting your wedge out, and if/when you act a dick again don't post about it on a public forum.....as you obviously can't take the criticism...
  • Soni
    steelem wrote:
    rich164h wrote:
    steelem,
    Advertising has nothing to do with this though as you didn't buy the bike through ebay.

You met the guy, looked at the product and agreed to pay a certain amount of money for what was in front of you.

That's it. There's nothing more to it.

The fact that the spec was different to what you were expecting make no difference whatsoever. You had the opportunity to match up the two things and argue with him about the differences before you handed the cash over. He may well have explained that he didn't know what he was advertising (some people genuinely don't) or he could have actively decided not to sell what was originally specced. That's his choice as at that point you haven't bought anything and you will view it before it gets sold.

As a result of either of these things and had you pointed this all out, he could have made changes to get the spec up to what you were expecting to see, or you could have negotiated a price for what was being offered (presumaly a lower price that advertised in this case).

That fact that you didn't do either of these last things is your fault. No one else is to blame.

In all honesty, if you bought from me then there's no way I'd be giving you anything back in terms of a refund. You had a chance to negotiate a price for what you were viewing and we'd agreed on a price. End of. That's not me ripping anyone off, that just me and a seller agreeing on a price for a viewed and approved item, and sticking to that agreement.

The fact that he has offered you something back is merely a nice bonus for you. Nothing more, so treat it as such.

The analogy to buying an apple in Tescos by a previous poster is a good one.

Rich

well rich if i bought a bike from you u tell me its a medium - i get home to find its a large then im sure you would refund unless you are a retard like my seller - end of

Retard? I think somebody is forgetting who messed up here? :?
  • Soni
    steelem wrote:
    Soni wrote:
    steelem wrote:

Easier for me to find another thread than you another 2K :lol:
  • Lucky Luke
    Jim

I am interested in his frame but thought it was a 56 . Isn't it ? To explain my comment you see the wife (Australian) has been away for 3 weeks visiting her parents in Oz. That's cool for her but I've been at home working (except for a week in Majorca) then she comes back on a Sunday dinnertime so I have a dilemma to pick her up or go out with the club.
    Luke
  • steelem
    its a 56
    Lucky Luke wrote:
    Jim

I am interested in his frame but thought it was a 56 . Isn't it ? To explain my comment you see the wife (Australian) has been away for 3 weeks visiting her parents in Oz. That's cool for her but I've been at home working (except for a week in Majorca) then she comes back on a Sunday dinnertime so I have a dilemma to pick her up or go out with the club.
  • steelem
    have you not seen the bike Soni - think you should take a look before you comment
    Soni wrote:
    steelem wrote:
    Soni wrote:
    steelem wrote:

• Soni
    steelem wrote:
    have you not seen the bike Soni - think you should take a look before you comment
    Soni wrote:
    steelem wrote:
    Soni wrote:
    steelem wrote:

Oh, you mean the one with the slack chain and no cassette.....

No point in having a nice bike and not being able to ride it...

Sorry i forgot, this one is 'for display purposes only'...
  • steelem
    your a nice fella arent you soni!!
    Soni wrote:
    steelem wrote:
    Soni wrote:
    steelem wrote:
    Soni wrote:
    steelem wrote:

• jim453
    Lucky Luke wrote:
    Jim

Thanks for the info about your wife.

About the size. 56 of 54. Doesn't matter. They'll both fit apparently.
  • Soni
    steelem wrote:
    your a nice fella arent you soni!!
    Soni wrote:
    steelem wrote:
    Soni wrote:
    steelem wrote:
    Soni wrote:
    steelem wrote:

Yeah i am a nice fella actually, but i respect those and treat those how i would like to be treated in return, and i also listen to peoples advise without becoming hostile and insulting.....if you want to adopt the attitude you have within this thread then how do you expect to be treated?
  • Lucky Luke
    edited May 2010
    jim , I was trying to answer you then Soni posted before I did.

No problem.

Don't really understand your comment about the size though. A 54 is definiteky too small for me.
    Luke
  • steelem
    im 5ft 9 - your right JIM

TARMAC Tarmac Rider Height Rider Height (cm)
    Bike Size
    49cm 5' 0" - 5' 3" 152 - 160
    52cm 5' 3" - 5' 6" 160 - 168
    54cm 5' 6" - 5' 9" 168 - 175
    56cm 5' 9" - 6' 0" 175 - 183
    58cm 6' 0" - 6' 3" 183 - 191
    61cm 6' 3" - 6' 6" 191 - 198

jim453 wrote:
    Lucky Luke wrote:
    Jim

Thanks for the info about your wife.

About the size. 56 of 54. Doesn't matter. They'll both fit apparently.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    It doesn't matter about the size as long as it fits
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Westerberg
    Westerberg Posts: 652
    Once trypsinogen and chymotrypsinogen are released into the lumen of the small intestine, they must be converted into their active forms in order to digest proteins. Trypsinogen is activated by the enzyme enterokinase, which is embedded in the intestinal mucosa.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Westerberg wrote:
    Once trypsinogen and chymotrypsinogen are released into the lumen of the small intestine, they must be converted into their active forms in order to digest proteins. Trypsinogen is activated by the enzyme enterokinase, which is embedded in the intestinal mucosa.

At last, someone is talking sense on this thread!

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • jim453

It certainly matters to steelem.

a lot
  • Soni
    jim453 wrote:

a lot

Every bike shop i've been to tell me i'm a 56, tried several 56's and don't like the fit, i've had 2 x 58's and love every minute of it....

If it fits then ride it and stop moaning...
  • steelem
    FFS chaps stop whinging about Size - i bought the bike - i know what size i wanted - End of !!
    Soni wrote:
    jim453 wrote:

a lot

Every bike shop i've been to tell me i'm a 56, tried several 56's and don't like the fit, i've had 2 x 58's and love every minute of it....

If it fits then ride it and stop moaning...
  • jim453
    I'm not moaning.

My bike fits like a glove.

58 if yer interested.

Soni, I get the sense you're in a bad mood. Try and be happy. I'm having a rather pleasant time.
  • Soni
    jim453 wrote:
    I'm not moaning.

My bike fits like a glove.

58 if yer interested.

Soni, I get the sense you're in a bad mood. Try and be happy. I'm having a rather pleasant time.

Wasn't saying for you to stop moaning mate! :D

By the way, not in a bad mood, in a rather chillded out mood actually :D
  • jim453
    Glad to hear it.

You buying this bike Luke or what?

Might need a shorter chain.