ripped off

Comments

• Lucky Luke
    Lucky Luke Posts: 402
    Can't quite follow this . Is this bike for sale ? Interested in frame fork and headset . How much you want for it ? Cash waiting . Can meet up in person for cash deal.
    Luke
  • steelem
    steelem Posts: 199
    900 quid ild say
    Lucky Luke wrote:
    Can't quite follow this . Is this bike for sale ? Interested in frame fork and headset . How much you want for it ? Cash waiting . Can meet up in person for cash deal.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    I've had a great 10 minutes reading he whole thread; thanks for the insight of what happens when things go wrong.

At the end of the day, it's sad when a buyer buys something he's not expecting. However, the OP seems quite naive and fails to understand human nature and the legal aspects of buying goods. It should be essential reading for anybody wanting to buy anything off the internet.
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    bails87 wrote:
    softlad wrote:
    That's why i rarely post a question anymore, if it's not the subject matter then it's the spellings and grammar :roll:

'spelling' - no need to pluralise it.....
    :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPvRsLWl ... 1&index=18
    bagpuss
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    The joys of private buying and selling.

My lad once sold an old mountain bike to a mate. We're talking nowhere near the ball park of £2K btw. Bike is tatty (teenagers bike) but mechanically top notch as I'd always maintained it in good working order. One day later it reappears on the doorstep with an "it's knackered, I need my money back".

I enquire what the problem is. "Front wheel is knackered". I check the wheel...now there's free play and there's out and out bearings about to fall out, this is the latter. "No worries mate, I'll sort that for you, nothing to do with the wheel being broken". As I grab the now broken quick release lever I get a handful of fairly hardcore glue?!?!?!?! Pliers needed as QR is now just a stump with about 1cm leverage. Having tightened everything up I explain how the QR does work and put it all back together.

Bike is taken away with all manner of threats of dads and refunds and god knows what else.

At the time, my persepctive was absolutely no way was any refund being given just because the seller didn't know what they were getting and what a QR was even though he was a teenager.The sale was made in good faith and the bike was now of lower value than when sold.

Not an didentical situation but there are parrallels.
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    bagpusscp wrote:
    bails87 wrote:
    softlad wrote:
    That's why i rarely post a question anymore, if it's not the subject matter then it's the spellings and grammar :roll:

'spelling' - no need to pluralise it.....
    :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPvRsLWl ... 1&index=18

Hahahaha, you guys :roll: :D
  • jrduquemin
    jrduquemin Posts: 791
    So now you're saying that the original seller gave you £200 and asked for the wheels back, promising he'd send you the other £200 after he got the wheels?

:roll:
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • Lucky Luke
    steelem wrote:
    900 quid ild say
    Lucky Luke wrote:

Whereabouts are you ?
    Luke
  • steelem
    edited May 2010
    No - the wheels did not match - the seller asked me what i wanted to do - i said return - he accepted on the basis of 200-00 now - 200-00 when he got back - still havent got the final 200-00 back but ive had a text this morning to say its in the process
    jrduquemin wrote:
    So now you're saying that the original seller gave you £200 and asked for the wheels back, promising he'd send you the other £200 after he got the wheels?

:roll:
  • steelem
    swindon
    Lucky Luke wrote:
    steelem wrote:
    900 quid ild say
    Lucky Luke wrote:

Whereabouts are you ?
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Steelem,

@s sake. This is insane.

Actually feel bad about finding it funny but read it through. It is funny.

For instance, you believe the seller is some kind of crook and yet in the face of some very very explicit advice you hand the wheels back to him without payment. These are not the actions of a rational individual.

I hope you get this sorted, I really do. You're not making things easy for yourself though.

Stefanos

'Ignore all the g1ts mate, you came on here for help from your fellow forumite cyclers and got a load of abuse. That's why i rarely post a question anymore, if it's not the subject matter then it's the spellings and grammar Rolling Eyes'

Have you even read through this thread? It's mental. Get a sense of humour. Steelem's obviously got one and he's just spuffed two large on a bike he's gone out of his way not to inspect properly.

Pretty sexy bike though, whatever size.
  • steelem
    edited May 2010
    im not very patient at all jim im texting this joker every day asking him where my money is - ive even threatened to kill him. this seller is a god damn joker- i send wheels back that he already sold back on ebay and he makes another tenner thru the sale - i forgot to add earlier - that this joker uses his mums paypal account - his 42 years old - thats fraud in its own right isnt it
    jim453 wrote:
    Steelem,

@s sake. This is insane.

Actually feel bad about finding it funny but read it through. It is funny.

For instance, you believe the seller is some kind of crook and yet in the face of some very very explicit advice you hand the wheels back to him without payment. These are not the actions of a rational individual.

I hope you get this sorted, I really do. You're not making things easy for yourself though.

Stefanos

'Ignore all the g1ts mate, you came on here for help from your fellow forumite cyclers and got a load of abuse. That's why i rarely post a question anymore, if it's not the subject matter then it's the spellings and grammar Rolling Eyes'

Have you even read through this thread? It's mental. Get a sense of humour. Steelem's obviously got one and he's just spuffed two large on a bike he's gone out of his way not to inspect properly.

Pretty sexy bike though, whatever size.
  • STEFANOS4784
    There are plenty of comments on here which come across as the opposite of humerous and the absence of smiley's suggests it's not all in good humor. Agree though it's been an emotional rollercoaster this thread 8)
  • Lucky Luke
    Is that the one near Manchester ?
    Luke
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    'His mum's paypal account'

brilliant.

Not that he needs to use it when transacting with you steelem. You're the kind of guy who prefers cold hard currency and the look in a mans eye. Not you're best move.

'I've even threatened to kill him'

• Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    :shock: :? :lol::cry: :? :x :shock: :lol: :?: :?: :?:
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    Hmmm, not only do you commit a criminal act, you admit it in a public forum. I hope you don't consider it harsh for me to call your judgement in to question.
  • steelem
    well maybe i lied somewhat to say ild kill him - but i did say to him i was coming tocollect the money im owed!!
    alfablue wrote:
    Hmmm, not only do you commit a criminal act, you admit it in a public forum. I hope you don't consider it harsh for me to call your judgement in to question.
  • STEFANOS4784
    So what's the situation now? Still in contact? When you getting your 200 squids and cassette? Or has he pulled a fast one?
  • schweiz
    schweiz Posts: 1,644
    Lucky Luke wrote:

:lol: that's Swinton!

Swindon is in Wiltshire where they all drive tractors and/or bikes with too big a frame! :wink::lol:
  • steelem
    so i sent him a message this morning - telling him I would open a dispute via paypal get my 150-00 that i put down as a deposit - claim the rest via small claim - & tell paypal that the account holder is someone else & they are profiting money on EBAY
    He replied to say "for one its my mums account no it wont get suspended so go ahead i said it would be refunded very soon waiting for a payment today so leave it up to you"
    I have replied to say thats fine - inform me whats going on and i wont be so frustrated

he sold the wheels last week I used my mrs ebay account to contact the seller when he was selling these wheels - I contacted him through the account to say are the wheels still for sale yesterday - he replied "SOLD"!!

so again why havent i got my money - the way i see this atm he sells a bike for 2k - he return 200-00 for wheels he then sells for 410 - he makes back his 2k plus the 10 - i just bought a bike for 1800 without wheels..

ILL get this money one way or another just a FFFFFF pain in the Axx
    So what's the situation now? Still in contact? When you getting your 200 squids and cassette? Or has he pulled a fast one?
  • steelem
    funny enough originally from bham - but thats what i thought it would be like when i moved down here - tractors etc - but im afraid your wrong & so was I its a normal town but its WHITE!!!
    schweiz wrote:
    Lucky Luke wrote:

:lol: that's Swinton!

Swindon is in Wiltshire where they all drive tractors and/or bikes with too big a frame! :wink::lol:
  • Lucky Luke
    Are you interested in selling the frame But of course would like to see it. I've been selling all my fishing tackle so have got the cash. Not PayPal .I'm confused about where you live though. Is it the one near Manchester or the other one? If it's the one near Manchester we could meet up but if it's the other one I don't know where it is.
    Luke
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Lucky Luke wrote:
    Are you interested in selling the frame But of course would like to see it. I've been selling all my fishing tackle so have got the cash. Not PayPal .I'm confused about where you live though. Is it the one near Manchester or the other one? If it's the one near Manchester we could meet up but if it's the other one I don't know where it is.

The closest Swindon to Manchester is in Staffordshire.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • steelem
    Luke - Swindon Wiltshire 2.5 hrs from manchester
    Lucky Luke wrote:
  • Westerberg
    Westerberg Posts: 652
    steelem wrote:
    Is that the village of Swindon Wiltshire, near Manchester?
  • steelem
    if you want it to be
    Westerberg wrote:
    steelem wrote:
    Is that the village of Swindon Wiltshire, near Manchester?
  • Lucky Luke
    I don't even live in Manchester I'm about an hour north of there. But I am going there tomorrow to pick the wife up . well to the airport which isn't even near Manchester . In fact it's nearer Stockport
    Luke
  • steelem
    who said you live in manchester??

quote="Lucky Luke"]I don't even live in Manchester I'm about an hour north of there. But I am going there tomorrow to pick the wife up . well to the airport which isn't even near Manchester . In fact it's nearer Stockport[/quote]
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    This is, by far, the most confusing thread I've ever read! Keep up the good work Steelem. :D

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey