• steelem
    steelem Posts: 199
    rich164h wrote:
    your right it does fit me - no problem with that

eh? What are you on about then? :shock:

i already had a 56 spesh i sold it for a 54 - read the post nuggett
  • rich164h
    rich164h Posts: 433
    but it fits you, so why would you want one that's the wrong size?
    cant be arsed dealing with you nuggestts who rip ppl off !!!
    That's a bit out of order to be honest.
  • steelem
    54 fits me better Rich
    rich164h wrote:
    but it fits you, so why would you want one that's the wrong size?
    That's a bit out of order to be honest.
  • Mystique
    Mystique Posts: 342
    steelem wrote:

And in what way is that different to "Can't be arsed with nuggestts (sic) who have all the opportunity they need to view, try, sit on, lift up, measure, smell and taste a bike before handing over the money and still p*ss and moan when they get it home"???

PS: Don't bother wasting pixels calling me a rip-off merchant etc etc, it just makes you look even dafter :roll:
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    steelem wrote:
    next time ill be doing it via ebay - so if someone wants to send me a 56 - & i wanted a 54 - then ill get my money back - cant be arsed dealing with you nuggestts who rip ppl off !!!

But he didn't send you anything.

You met him. You looked at the bike. You agreed that you wanted it and were happy to pay £2k for it. You handed over the money and left.

At the end of the day, you've got a bike that fits and a you've got money back for wheels that apparently only differ from what was in the advert because of different stickers. And that's before we get to the point that the advert is completely irrelevant anyway because you didn't buy off ebay.

'Doing the seller a favour' by buying off ebay, at the ebay price, is very naive. The seller gets more money, you don't get a saving and you lose all protection. If he split the savings with you to make it a bit cheaper, then you took a chance to save some money and it obviously didn't pay off.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • rapid_uphill
    rapid_uphill Posts: 841
    Ebay is full of scumbags, it used to be good when you could make a living selling fake dvds and designer sunglasses. people trusted each other then.
  • It's against ebay rules to have a phone number in the listing.

He could probably be reported for not being registered as a business (on or off-ebay). If he's a business he has to take returns.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    How have I missed this gem of a thread? There is one born every minute.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    Glad to have got on this thread. Loving it.
  • moonshine
    moonshine Posts: 1,021
    it is like watching a train crash in slow-mo....

you know it is wrong to keep looking, but you just can't help it!!!!

:oops:
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    thread of the year....and probably next year too - cos it will still be running....
  • Westerberg
    Westerberg Posts: 652
    surpris phoro Shadi Robin:

1271754732.jpg
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    still no pics of Shadi Batman though...??
  • cjw
    cjw Posts: 1,889
    Here you go a shady batman AND robin

batman-430.gif
    London to Paris Forum
    http://cjwoods.com/london2paris

Scott Scale 10
    Focus Izalco Team
  • jrduquemin
    jrduquemin Posts: 791
    Steelem, I'll take that Tarmac Pro SL frame off you and give you my 54cm Roubaix Elite 2007 frame instead. I promise I won't complain when I find out it's not an S-Works frame ;-)
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    So did you get your 200 notes and cassette yet then?
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    @ing brilliant. I'm laughing my head off.

It has to be a wind up.

What's the problem? The bike fits. Or doesn't it? Guy had his heart set on a 54 regardless of whether it is the right fit?

Anyway, just sell it if it isn't right. Might have to take a couple of hundred quid on the chin but not two grand.

What's with this fixation on pursuing the seller through the courts.

A very funny wind up. Very funny.

Shadi robin too!!!!!

Come back Speed_king mate. You're off the hook.

I can't stop laughing at this total farce
  • steelem
    glad your laughing jim - Very funny aint it
    jim453 wrote:
    @ing brilliant. I'm laughing my head off.

It has to be a wind up.

What's the problem? The bike fits. Or doesn't it? Guy had his heart set on a 54 regardless of whether it is the right fit?

Anyway, just sell it if it isn't right. Might have to take a couple of hundred quid on the chin but not two grand.

What's with this fixation on pursuing the seller through the courts.

A very funny wind up. Very funny.

Shadi robin too!!!!!

Come back Speed_king mate. You're off the hook.

I can't stop laughing at this total farce
  • STEFANOS4784
    So has he done a runner with the wheels?

Look on the bright side mate, you've still got a very nice bike. Maybe try a swap ad in the classifieds on here? Someone might be in the same yet opposite situation 8)
  • schweiz
    schweiz Posts: 1,644

I'm just waiting for Cilla to come out from behind the hedge.....

ab422g.jpg
  • steelem
    thanks for the advice stefano - not sure whats happening with the wheels he said hell pay me the other 200 in a couple of days - so if his not payed me over the weekend then we can say his just pulled another fast one but all is not lost i left a 150 deposit with paypal when i bought bike - so i could open a case on that if need be.

Look on the bright side mate, you've still got a very nice bike. Maybe try a swap ad in the classifieds on here? Someone might be in the same yet opposite situation 8)
  • petejuk
    petejuk Posts: 235
    I have enjoyed this thread immensely. Steelem- is there anything else on the bike you want to sell back.?
    I'll buy the seatpost for a tenner. I've only got a fiver at the moment, mind. I'll pick it up and pay you the rest in a couple of days, honest.
    :D
  • steelem
    DEAL - LOL
    petejuk wrote:
    I have enjoyed this thread immensely. Steelem- is there anything else on the bike you want to sell back.?
    I'll buy the seatpost for a tenner. I've only got a fiver at the moment, mind. I'll pick it up and pay you the rest in a couple of days, honest.
    :D
  • STEFANOS4784
    Ignore all the g1ts mate, you came on here for help from your fellow forumite cyclers and got a load of abuse. That's why i rarely post a question anymore, if it's not the subject matter then it's the spellings and grammar :roll:
  • steelem
    thanks stefano nice to know theres some nice guys out there
    Ignore all the g1ts mate, you came on here for help from your fellow forumite cyclers and got a load of abuse. That's why i rarely post a question anymore, if it's not the subject matter then it's the spellings and grammar :roll:
  • Slater
    Slater Posts: 80
    edited May 2010
    steelem wrote:
    DEAL - LOL

So you do know how to use capitals :shock: Now try starting a sentence with one.
    That's why i rarely post a question anymore, if it's not the subject matter then it's the spellings and grammar :roll:

'spelling' - no need to pluralise it.....
  • steelem
    no
    Slater wrote:
    steelem wrote:
    DEAL - LOL

So you do know how to use capitals :shock: Now try starting a sentence with one.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    softlad wrote:
    That's why i rarely post a question anymore, if it's not the subject matter then it's the spellings and grammar :roll:

'spelling' - no need to pluralise it.....
    :lol:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • ultralight
    ultralight Posts: 15
    speling gramer WTF!!!!!!!!!!