ripped off

18910111214»

Comments

• MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Did the cassette ever show up ?
    (a shameless excuse to bump this thread)

:mrgreen:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    looking at Steelem's profile over 50% of his posts were in this one thread... poor soul, no wonder he dissapeared.
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    That was brilliant. But can't believe it's real?
    exercise.png
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    I spoke to steelem yesterday. He'd like to thank you all for your support and guidance in sorting out this matter.

He was just on his way to buy a caravan from a gypsie camp with £10,000 in his back pocket and a bare-knuckle boxer in the passenger seat. What could possibly go wrong?
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    I can't believe anyone would have dropped this thread so it was languishing on page 4. So in the interests of being an informed public I do you this service...

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • steelem
    steelem Posts: 199
    a friend just told me this was back on the boards - Yes the cassette showed up - all ended well - i rode the bike for a couple of months hated it so sold the bike and picked up an sl2 frame and sram red groupie cheaper than i sold for so happy days..
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    interested to know more about why you hated the 'tarmac' and yet prefer the 'SL2'...??
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Hello you!

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    Steelem, we've missed you old friend. Welcome back!
    Are you cooking Sunday dinner today?
    Peter
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    steelem wrote:
    a friend just told me this was back on the boards - Yes the cassette showed up - all ended well - i rode the bike for a couple of months hated it so sold the bike and picked up an sl2 frame and sram red groupie cheaper than i sold for so happy days..
    That's a classic, lovely waste of 20 pages of thread, wonderful stuff ....
  • Pseudonym wrote:
    interested to know more about why you hated the 'tarmac' and yet prefer the 'SL2'...??
    Im interested about this too. Is it just because it's the correct size now? Surely the bikes are pretty similar to ride
  • steelem
    steelem Posts: 199
    i now have a size 54 in the sl2 - so the sizing is much better - for me the sl2 accelerates as good as my old sl and is really lightweight - the tarmac was like my cannondale liquigas - i just felt i had to work alot harder to get it to the same speed also it was heavier the tubing on the tarmac was far bigger than the sl2 if i remember rightly.. hope that make sense & no im not cooking sunday dinner...
  • Yossie wrote:
    And did he ever sell it to the dude who's wife went on holiday and thus messed up his weekend?

And did he ever buy a new frame that may or may not have fitted him better than the one that he wasn't ripped off when buying that may or may not have fitted him?

For the love of all things Holy and sacred, THESE QUESTIONS NEED TO BE ANSWERED

No I didn't buy it in the end. I bought a Scott Addict and it wasn't when my wife was going on holiday who messed up my weekend it was when she was coming back . Hope this answers some of your questions .
    Luke
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Cool - did she have a nice holiday by the way? Where did she go : anywhere exotic? Recommended or not?

Sorry for not asking earlier - appalling manners on my side. Apols.
  • billysmeg
    billysmeg Posts: 25
    Yossie wrote:
    Cool - did she have a nice holiday by the way? Where did she go : anywhere exotic? Recommended or not?

Sorry for not asking earlier - appalling manners on my side. Apols.

she went to Oz to see her parents,I think.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Any pictures of family norks available?
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    Beautifully done Yossie. Led like a lamb to the slaughter.
    Peter
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    teehee.

I've spent a long time reading this. Who would own the movie rights to this thread? steelem or bikeradar? Or maybe this thread should be adapted for broadway.
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    Good reading enjoyed that. Shame it got insulting for no reason and some very good advice ignored but hey ho kept me entertainedd for 20 mins.
  • Ha, found this directed from some other thread what a read, took an hour n half to the feed the young one whilst reading this, mrs shouting what you laughing at, glad he got it all sorted in the end.
  • Lucky Luke wrote:
    Yossie wrote:
    And did he ever sell it to the dude who's wife went on holiday and thus messed up his weekend?

And did he ever buy a new frame that may or may not have fitted him better than the one that he wasn't ripped off when buying that may or may not have fitted him?

For the love of all things Holy and sacred, THESE QUESTIONS NEED TO BE ANSWERED

No I didn't buy it in the end. I bought a Scott Addict and it wasn't when my wife was going on holiday who messed up my weekend it was when she was coming back . Hope this answers some of your questions .

I trust she got the kicking she deserved?
  • No she didn't.
    Of course I don't like it when my bike riding gets interferred with but I was pleased to see her in a way.
    Luke
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    Lucky Luke wrote:
    No she didn't.
    Of course I don't like it when my bike riding gets interferred with but I was pleased to see her in a way.

Which way was this? and did you take any photos?

The older I get, the better I was.

• Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    Magic ;)
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Yossie wrote:
    Any pictures of family norks available?

It's not the same round here without Yossie :roll:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    I might not have 20 minutes to live so can someone paraphrase? And why is there a bike thread on BB? This must be a mod fest Shirley?
  • Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    Mikey23 wrote:
    I might not have 20 minutes to live so can someone paraphrase? And why is there a bike thread on BB? This must be a mod fest Shirley?

There are worse ways to spend ya last twenty minutes :D
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • dave02
    dave02 Posts: 325
    I ripped off a plaster the other day, it was one of those new ones that stay on in the bath, THE PAIN it took two layers of skin with it.
    What about my two punctures today , :(