Floyd -- he wrote us a letter...

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Barry is very good friends with Millar, I wonder what David has to say.

I seem to remember that some years ago, Landis saying that he had some damaging information but for whatever reason he didn't give it out.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    I wonder how Brailsford is going to establish the facts...

/phone conv...

Brailsford: Hi, did you dope mick?

Barry: no I didn't

Brailsford: fine, bye!

/end of phone conv...
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    RichN95 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:
    Jesus, what do you suggest Brailsford does?

Well, it's all he can do, but it's basically doing nothing, isn't it?

I was just saying it was a non-answer.

The problem is that for the last four years Landis has been viewed as a little unbalanced and a compulsive liar, so you can't start taking action solely on the basis of his allegations.

You are 100% right all this foaming at the mouth and gnashing of teeth in here means diddly squat until that happens.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    gabriel959 wrote:

/phone conv...

/end of phone conv...

Er, or they might wait for any formal investigation into Landis's claims to provide them with the facts.

But hey, that doesn't make for a clever post, does it?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • It's a beautiful day. Don't let it get away.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Barry is very good friends with Millar, I wonder what David has to say.

I seem to remember that some years ago, Landis saying that he had some damaging information but for whatever reason he didn't give it out.

Yeah he did say that... It was about Greg LeMond. He didn't give it out, he just got his business manager to call LeMond pretending to be the guy who abused him as a child.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • gabriel959
    DaveyL wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:

/phone conv...

/end of phone conv...

Er, or they might wait for any formal investigation into Landis's claims to provide them with the facts.

I know I know :lol: I was only trying to stir it a bit more.

I actually think Brailsford answer is quite balanced compared to Vaughters one.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    DaveyL wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:

/phone conv...

/end of phone conv...

They might be waiting a while if Pat McQuaid is in charge of leading it. Or even if there is an investigation at all, which is probably unlikely given his earlier statement.
  • DaveyL
    WADA might have a wee look into it...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • DaveyL
    Or maybe the Spanish anti-doping agency. NADA, is it?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • moray_gub
    edited May 2010
    micron wrote:
    Excellent - they're rolling out the 'good guys' defence http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_15126807

Interesting how already certain sectors of the press are pursuing a 'disgraced cyclist' v 'cancer survivor' rhetoric.

Whats interesting about this is how so many who thought Landis was a liar and cheat and a disgrace etc are now prepared to think he is an honest guy who should be given the benefit of the doubt and all that............laughable really that as soon its a Lance doping story all previous hatred for Floyd goes oot the windae ! The stench of hypocrisy wafts around this forum like a bad smell.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I think the problem with this one is going to be that a lot of journalists are going to be very very interested. So they're going to start digging, and they'll use angles like the smaller guys mentioned in order to build the story.

You can imagine them looking up ex-Phonak riders, ex-Postal guys and slowly but surely picking the hole open.

That's the risk for people like Vaughters and Brailsford. They might know something will come out but they can't get rid of someone based on it. So unless they find something or the rider fesses up, they're going to have a rough time.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • afx237vi
    Moray Gub wrote:
    micron wrote:
    Excellent - they're rolling out the 'good guys' defence http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_15126807

Interesting how already certain sectors of the press are pursuing a 'disgraced cyclist' v 'cancer survivor' rhetoric.

Whats interesting about this is how so many who thought Landis was a liar and cheat and a disgrace etc are now prepared to think he is an honest guy being benefit of the doubt and all that............laughable really.

Not really. I still think he was a liar and a cheat between July 2006 and yesterday. Now he's just changed his story to match the one I believed for the past 4 years.
  • iainf72
    Moray Gub wrote:

Whats interesting about this is how so many who thought Landis was a liar and cheat and a disgrace etc are now prepared to think he is an honest guy being benefit of the doubt and all that............laughable really.

But there are also people who thought he was a liar and a cheat who now still think he's a liar and a cheat :wink:
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    I'm loving all this - just hope this'll finally reveal LA et al for the shitesters they are. But, the highlight of the day for me is:
    FAT PAT IS A fool

:lol:

That must have taken you ages to come up with Frenchie! Did you scratch it on your desk when the teacher wasn't looking? How about this -

VALVERDE IS A NERDY! And he eats bogies.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    iainf72 wrote:
    I think the problem with this one is going to be that a lot of journalists are going to be very very interested. So they're going to start digging, and they'll use angles like the smaller guys mentioned in order to build the story.

You can imagine them looking up ex-Phonak riders, ex-Postal guys and slowly but surely picking the hole open.

That's the risk for people like Vaughters and Brailsford. They might know something will come out but they can't get rid of someone based on it. So unless they find something or the rider fesses up, they're going to have a rough time.

I know one ex-Phonak rider, have ridden with him 2 or 3 times, but he has said to one of my mates that he was glad to leave Phonak... and that he never wanted to be a pro again... He wasnt explicit, but it was implicit in what he said to my mate that there were serious shenanigans going on.
    www.dotcycling.com
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Why Hasnt the UCI clicked on to the fact that nearly all of the old US Postal team have been caught doping and you have to ask yourself why has this been swept under the carpet along with andy rihs and he`s still involved with cycling - Manolo Sainz was the scapegoat and guys like Rihs Bjarne riis et al are still running teams. Bruyneel and Riis tell McQuaid what to do i think.....its feckin rotten to the core
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Doesn't the NY Times article make it explicit that an FBI investigation is ongoing headed up by the agent who busted BALCO? Interesting that in that investigation they shifted the burden of proof away from positive tests towards weight of circumstantial evidence.
  • iainf72 wrote:

I'll be honest. It's times like this I wish papers like NotW and the Mail were cycling fans. :lol:
  • moray_gub
    Doobz wrote:
    hmm..

4625055136_1c3c375a9a.jpg

Rider in checking his shoulder/upper torso/speaking into his radio shocker !
  • DaveyL
    iainf72 wrote:

That's very true, but we also have to keep this in perspective. Worst case scenario, they're going to be guilty of signing a rider who doped several years before joining their team. Not great, but still a long way down the list given what else is going on.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • afx237vi
    iainf72 wrote:

I'll be honest. It's times like this I wish papers like NotW and the Mail were cycling fans. :lol:

So does John Higgins.
  • DaveyL
    Still, looking on the bright side, from some of the stuff I've read on this thread, it appears that once this little lot are cleaned out, we'll have a 100% pure sport.

Hurrah for that!
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • samb01
    samb01 Posts: 130
    afx237vi wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

Not really. I still think he was a liar and a cheat between July 2006 and yesterday. Now he's just changed his story to match the one I believed for the past 4 years.
    Precisely.
  • iainf72
    DaveyL wrote:
    Still, looking on the bright side, from some of the stuff I've read on this thread, it appears that once this little lot are cleaned out, we'll have a 100% pure sport.

Hurrah for that!

When will your bitterness towards smoldering hot latin boys end?
  • gabriel959
    DaveyL wrote:
    Or maybe the Spanish anti-doping agency. NADA, is it?

LOL - it could be, I never understood why the Guardia Civil bothered with Puerto when it wasn't a criminal offensive in spain to do blood doping.

That has changed from Sep 2009 and its now a criminal offence. Check a couple of medal winners in athletics, they have been caught.

it is still shambles though and completely pathetic that Valverde is still racing!
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • DaveyL
    iainf72 wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

Hurrah for that!

When they start giving me the attention I deserve from them...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    I'm loving all this - just hope this'll finally reveal LA et al for the shitesters they are. But, the highlight of the day for me is:
    FAT PAT IS A fool

:lol:

That must have taken you ages to come up with Frenchie! Did you scratch it on your desk when the teacher wasn't looking? How about this -

VALVERDE IS A NERDY! And he eats bogies.

No i like.

Bertie looks at willies in the showers
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • gabriel959
    DaveyL wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

Hurrah for that!

When they start giving me the attention I deserve from them...

I am spanish and male Dave, does that count? :lol: 8)

my wife thinks I am good looking too :lol:
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • DaveyL
    Are you stylish? Do you wear white Sidis?
    Le Blaireau (1)