TFL Cycle Challenge - Team SCR??

Comments

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I think because we seriously whalloped the hornets nest that all three of us have sailed so close to the wire it might as not be there. UBS for their 99 culling team members and 2012 for likely similar reasons should be docked massive points for removing members to get under the 100 limit - massively bad sportsmanship. We could likely dock enough to get under 50 but we wouldn't. Scotland is pushing the greater london area in a most amusing manner but we're merely playing by the same rules as those ahead of us so would get a warning from the police while they fine 1st place. If of course we get into 1st place - we would then be under greater scrutiny... and wow betide them having access to this thread :D

it's public of course... I think the culling it pretty harsh, but we'd have done the same I don't doubt.
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    UE, come and join us. We all know, wherever we're riding (and in my case, despite my alleged illegibility, that most emphatically includes London), that our miles are honest. Those other two mobs.....hmmmmm....that scoring system is so flawed in any case!

Edit: Logged my commute miles for today (in advance, but I will do them, ain't cheating), eventually. 684 for the month...
    +1 for leehellcat. Great going there. Nice relaxing 130 miles or so planned for Saturday myself- 05.30 train up to the smoke & thence Leicestershire, meeting a bunch from mates from CC/YACF, Loughborough to St Pancras, and in my case on to Waterloo.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • leehellcat
    leehellcat Posts: 37
    cheers chaps, gotta say did more miles than I expected, but I was still slightly dissapointed to come in at under 1000 miles, so close but so far. I really cant manage another 80 miles today though :cry:
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    13:00 (ish!) update:
    1 36894.28 32852.28 London 2012 London 2012 Organising Committee
    2 33946.5 30564.5 Team SCR Silly Commuter Racers
    3 33144.32 28643.32 UBS Cycling Club UBS Cycling Club

Looking good - 800 point lead over UBS, despite the almost 2,000 mile lead........
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Having checked the T&C it does specify work, live or study London but I'm not sure how they verify that......

Well, that's my mileage completely justified then. I have caught the train to London where we have an office, after cycling to my normal office a couple of times this month... :D
  • andyb78
    andyb78 Posts: 156
    Final miles added to the cause. Didn't get to the 500 target I was hoping for, but have had half a month's car commuting thrust upon me :( They all help though I suppose!
    Road bike FCN 6

Hardtail Commuter FCN 11 (Apparently, but that may be due to the new beard...)
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    We look sure of the moral victory of highest average mileage in the top two categories at least (although I think yacf at least are beating us at that in the under 50s)
  • Clever Pun
    Added my commute home as well as my lunchtime ride.... 700+ miles notched
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Bassjunkieuk
    16:15 update:
    1 37629.8 33437.8 London 2012 London 2012 Organising Committee
    2 34347.54 30965.54 Team SCR Silly Commuter Racers
    3 33405.87 28855.87 UBS Cycling Club UBS Cycling Club
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Clever Pun
    come on only 2500miles you lazy fuc...lot
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Do we win anything for coming top in the social category?
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Paul E wrote:
    Do we win anything for coming top in the social category?

Unfortunately no I don't think we do.....logged my final commute for the month. Couldn't extend it as I had a con-call @ 6pm which I'm currently sitting in ;-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    Right, I need to know now, how many miles to I have to do this evening to jump hambones and Rich158 and get into the top five. I'M LEAVING IN FIVE MINUTES!
  • Bassjunkieuk
    prj45 wrote:
    Right, I need to know now, how many miles to I have to do this evening to jump hambones and Rich158 and get into the top five. I'M LEAVING IN FIVE MINUTES!

Just updated the team stats......fyi about 60-75 miles should be enough ;-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • richred_uk
    richred_uk Posts: 167
    added my final miles for the month.

During June I've:

1 Had my first proper 'off' when hooked by a car
    2 Upped my daily mileage from either 13 or 15.5 (depending on train taken) to 32.4 (no train taken)
    3 Done 471.9 miles (actually done a bit more because I can't remember which days I did 13 or 15.5 so logged them all at 13).

And I wouldn't have done 2 and 3 without the positive people here - so thanks for that.

Now July targets are

1 Get a road bike on CtW sorted
    2 Do the Evans Hatfield Sportive
    3 Log over 500 miles

Rich
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Woooo 514 miles in a month! :D

I may have had a few glasses of champers with the new boss (I LIKE this job) and massively extended my commute...

WINE!
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Well done richred, except for no.1 but I guess at least it wasn't serious and I had a near miss last week so I think it's the hot weather bringing out the sh!te drivers :-) I guess the whole point of the TFL challenge was to get people cycling and it's certainly done it's job!

I've had a fairly good month cycling wise with my big goal for the year firmly completed when I rolled back into Newbury Racecourse having completed the Magnificat :-D
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732

BJ, the update doesn't look very up to date - it doesn't include my miles for the last couple of days?
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Ian.B wrote:

BJ, the update doesn't look very up to date - it doesn't include my miles for the last couple of days?

Sorry, wasn't paying attention when I updated........should be OK now :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    prj45 wrote:

Godammit, logged another 24 tonight, but still in eighth place.

If you were really cruel you could've told me I needed to do 74 miles, but I actually needed to do 75...
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Just hurriedly checked the site as i woke up.......
    1 37888.17 33631.25 London 2012 London 2012 Organising Committee
    2 35128.31 31696.31 Team SCR Silly Commuter Racers
    3 33543.11 28993.11 UBS Cycling Club UBS Cycling Club

But found the following message above it:
    Announcements: The challenge is now over and you’ve got until Mon 5 July to log all your miles.

Come back midday 9 July to see the results!

GAH!! Not that it necessarily a bad thing, just means we have a bit of extra time to log the miles.......I can see e-mail being sent :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    1297.37miles, not a bad month, working from home today, time for a rest :lol:
  • woodnut
    woodnut Posts: 562
    405 miles last month, have had to have at least one rest day a week due to recovering legs...thanks to El Capitano for bringing this to my attention..and BJ for the email reminder :D
  • outofbreath2
    outofbreath2 Posts: 216
    Blimey - I've got quite worked up reading this thread. I was all for joining up at page 15 then realised it's all over.

Do you think there'll be another challenge.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Blimey - I've got quite worked up reading this thread. I was all for joining up at page 15 then realised it's all over.

is it just me or could you still join and log all your miles for june... ?
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Bassjunkieuk

By all means try :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • outofbreath2
    [quote="MonkeyMonster.[/quote]

is it just me or could you still join and log all your miles for june... ?[/quote]

Apologies, I didn't mean to mislead you into thinking I had a few '000kms going begging. Rather seeing if there could be a new one for motivation to get me started! :oops:

Stand down.
  • MonkeyMonster

Apologies, I didn't mean to mislead you into thinking I had a few '000kms going begging. Rather seeing if there could be a new one for motivation to get me started! :oops:

Stand down.

Booooooooooooooooooooo!
  • outofbreath2
    [

Booooooooooooooooooooo![/quote]

Oh god now I feel bad for falling on a thread and reading it. I'll try harder next time. :)
  • MonkeyMonster
    Junkie is still balling his eyes out at the lost chance to scalp 2012 team - all that hope you raised within only to be cruelly dashed...

Fiend of a highest order - you'll do well here :D