TFL Cycle Challenge - Team SCR??

Comments

• kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    kelsen wrote:
    I can add 100 miles since 1st June - should I join?

Derby? That's Greater London isn't it?

Derbyish.... 8)

North London then :D
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    kelsen wrote:
    kelsen wrote:
    I can add 100 miles since 1st June - should I join?

Derby? That's Greater London isn't it?

Derbyish.... 8)

North London then :D

Urban spread is getting out of hand....
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • I know of at least one north London derby.
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Just given a guy at work the details he's doing the london to brighton and cycles a little to.. should notch us another 160-200 or so...

MonkeyMonster.. get all your work lot to sign up too.. easy pointage
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Hmm, 41 views on Cake Stop and 58 on Road Beginners but no extra members yet :-(
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Hmm, 41 views on Cake Stop and 58 on Road Beginners but no extra members yet :-(

Oi! What about me? (haven't logged miles yet but have at least signed up...)
  • Bassjunkieuk
    MatHammond wrote:

Oi! What about me? (haven't logged miles yet but have at least signed up...)

Sorry I thought you'd signed up from seeing the thread in here :-)

Thank you for joining BTW
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    OK, if you're still looking to up the membership numbers, I can offer you 106 miles for the first week in June, probs about the same most weeks
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Ian.B wrote:
    OK, if you're still looking to up the membership numbers, I can offer you 106 miles for the first week in June, probs about the same most weeks

All helps! We're still well clear of being bumped upto the next group and as was pointed out earlier UBS are edging closer to a promotion (unless they stop at 99!)
    That said we are logging more miles per head which at the end of the comp should hopefully get us a win!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Ian.B
    Signed up
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Just logged my 120 miles for June so far. Commuting miles only at the moment, but getting my road bike back at the weekend and will rack up a couple of longer rides next week, should hopefully manage around 500 miles for June. July will be big - trip to Alps and Big G sportive, plus daily commute.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    MatHammond wrote:
    July will be big - trip to Alps and Big G sportive, plus daily commute.

Only June miles count, so better bring those trips forward by a month :)
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Boo-yah - just logged on to add today's miles (only 20) and we're in first! Take that UBS! :D
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Yeeeah! Nice work all.

Just got my Elite badge. Yay
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Bassjunkieuk
    JonGinge wrote:
    Yeeeah! Nice work all.

Just got my Elite badge. Yay
    We have more miles with less points!

Great work team!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    You get more points for your first set of miles, presumably up to a limit of, say, 50, then they drop to 1 point per mile. Is that right?
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    You get more points for your first set of miles, presumably up to a limit of, say, 50, then they drop to 1 point per mile. Is that right?

Yup.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Asprilla wrote:

Yup.
    5pt/m for the first 10, 2pt/m for the next 10 and 1pt/m thereafter.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Guess it just brings home the point we have fewer riders with more miles!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Looking forward to giving those bankers some pain this weekend and next week. Two days off the bike (rocking out in Warsaw), but my lovely new/old toy will be getting intensive testing.
    Another 250 miles or so, say..... :lol:
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Ian.B
    Yeah - straight in at Cycle Champion and 17th place! And only commuted 3 days each week so far!
  • Ian.B
    Bassjunkie wrote:
    The challenge is open to anyone who works or studies in London however I'm willing to accept any tenious link you may have with the big city - obviously if you are actually from or live near London it's all the better as you can then share in the prize!

I fear there could be some tricky questions if this comes to the attention of certain parties. I hope there's not an ignominious disqualification in the offing.... :(
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    We're all looking forward to the miles team members can add from various Sportives coming this month. What about the miles that our compeitiors will be doing on the same sportives/rides etc? We should have a higher particicpation percentage though.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • stuaff
    Ian.B wrote:
    Bassjunkie wrote:
    The challenge is open to anyone who works or studies in London however I'm willing to accept any tenious link you may have with the big city - obviously if you are actually from or live near London it's all the better as you can then share in the prize!

I fear there could be some tricky questions if this comes to the attention of certain parties. I hope there's not an ignominious disqualification in the offing.... :(

As I've stated before, I think the whole London thing is highly dubious..People can live and work in London, not actually ride anywhere in the smoke, but then go and do a sportive- even abroad- and it counts. Whereas the likes of me can go up, actually ride in London (as I have done multiple times this year and last on FNRttCs, when I picked up the Viner, Cycle Show, etc) and it doesn't count. And London is supposed to be the capital of the whole country, it's not closed off & there aren't internal passports! That, IMHO, is one great big steaming pile of manure.
    At least if we get disqualified, we'll have a moral victory. 'cause we rode more!!
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • rml380z
    rml380z Posts: 244
    Signed up.

It'll give me a kick to figure out how much cycling I'm actually doing at the mo.
  • stuaff
    At the moment- I've just been out for my morning ride to the front and back & have logged it- we're on 8732.69, the (w?) bankers are on 8563.06- and that's with 59 bods to their 90. Per person, we've done two and a half times the Beeb team's mileage. Another hundred recruits and we could take the overall title :D
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    rml380z wrote:
    Signed up.

It'll give me a kick to figure out how much cycling I'm actually doing at the mo.

Nice one... you might well find yourself riding further than you need to..just because :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Bassjunkieuk
    rml380z wrote:
    Signed up.

While your at it I wouldn't even consider googling Daily Mile ;-) The TFL challenge page is nice for this month but DM provides a more long term solution with many more features :-D
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I see Nailed It has, erm, nailed it.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • stuaff
    He has, rather, hasn't he? Straight to top place. Chapeau! Now 550 miles ahead of the bankers.....