Coaching - Now I have no excuse!

Comments

• hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Just get your head down and dig in, again, Alex...
    It was never easy, but a 2 week rest has softened you a bit.
    You'll be on song next week..... :wink:

I know you wont want to hear this, but, by contrast... I'm flying at the mo!... Still at work though, but have another 25 coming up on the 8th... Can't wait! :D
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Well, me on the other hand....

3 PBs and 5 pounds lighter. Gone under the hour for a 25. Power is up and am going to finally crack 24 mins on the Club 10 on Wednesday! All while you were away.

I can't believe you put on a stone. Well, I CAN. Just surprised at you Mr. T!!
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    10 PB last night 23:26 [bloody windy, definately do a 22 in better conditions]
    25 PB last Sat 57:21 [same course this sat so looking for a 56]

Not wanting to rub it in or anything :oops:
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • nmcgann
    nmcgann Posts: 1,780
    All that talk of PBs....stop rubbing it in and leave the poor bloke alone!

In my own experience a couple of weeks off the bike takes quite a while to recover from (I'd lose a month). I'd allow a couple of weeks of just grinding out tempo rides and whatever SS/Threshold is manageable, all with no particular performance expectations.

That should get the weight moving back downward too.
    --
    "Because the cycling is pain. The cycling is soul crushing pain."
  • a_n_t
    I'm sure he knows me and Colin are only joking.

Chin-up Nap, I'm sure you're still miles ahead of this time last year!
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    100m Yeah right.
  • Pokerface
    +1 to what Ant said. Nap knows I have to get my licks in when I can. He's kicked my butt in the Club TTs pretty much every week! I'm finally within a minute of him again. I need him to slow down!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    a_n_t wrote:
    I'm sure he knows me and Colin are only joking.

No I don't, you ba5tards!
    :(
  • a_n_t
    NapoleonD wrote:
    No I don't, you ba5tards!
    :(

:)

I'd rather have been where you were for the past 2 weeks instead of grinding out PB's!
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    100m Yeah right.
  • ut_och_cykla
    ut_och_cykla Posts: 1,594
    A stone in fortnight - herre min skapare (swedish for OMG) - that would be going some even for me - perhaps its all stored carbs and water from not exercising - well some anyway. I'm sure that you havent lost too much fitness and that a lot of your weight gain is not 'real' (well yes its real but not as permanent as a stone of lard).
    Just get back into to it progressivley over two weeks and dont kick yourself too much. You know what your capable of and you can get there again... good luck!
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    Good to see you back NapD. Things have been a bit dull round here in your absence.

I woudn't take much notice of Pokerface and A_N_T with their PBs. If they hadn't done PBs riding on the Etwall course then there would have been something wrong! :lol:

Ruth
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Disaster :(

Two weeks away, a stone heavier

flippin eck - did you go on a two-week tour of donut factories in the USA or something..??
  • Anonymous
    Spoke to coach this morning. Things back in perspective and sorted.

With regards to their 25 PBs, I've never done one yet...

Next time this year Rodney, We'll millionaires, erm, I mean Cat 3s.
  • Pokerface
    BeaconRuth wrote:
    Good to see you back NapD. Things have been a bit dull round here in your absence.

I woudn't take much notice of Pokerface and A_N_T with their PBs. If they hadn't done PBs riding on the Etwall course then there would have been something wrong! :lol:

Ruth

My PB on that course was 3 mins faster than on the same course. So it's relative! And my PBs in the 10s were on the same course that NapD does.
  • Anonymous
    softlad wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

flippin eck - did you go on a two-week tour of donut factories in the USA or something..??

Worse, there was no 'tour', I just stayed still...
  • BeaconRuth
    Pokerface wrote:
    BeaconRuth wrote:

Ruth
    My PB on that course was 3 mins faster than on the same course. So it's relative! And my PBs in the 10s were on the same course that NapD does.
    Well done you. Have a lolliop.

:wink:

Ruth
  • BeaconRuth
    NapoleonD wrote:
    softlad wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

C'mon then NapD, we're all dying to know - how DID you put on 1lb a day on your holiday? Was it booze, cake, greasy breakfasts, massive meals at every sitting.......... or just a bit of all of those?

Ruth
  • BeaconRuth
    NapoleonD wrote:
    With regards to their 25 PBs, I've never done one yet....
    Ah, but you have ridden the Beacon Little Mountain TT, which carries with it far far more kudos than any mere 25..........

Ruth
  • Anonymous
    BeaconRuth wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    softlad wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

C'mon then NapD, we're all dying to know - how DID you put on 1lb a day on your holiday? Was it booze, cake, greasy breakfasts, massive meals at every sitting.......... or just a bit of all of those?

Ruth

I didn't have any greasy breakfasts, but I did eat lots at breakfast. And lunch. And snacks. And dinner. And the booze. Ohhhh the booze.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    As you've been away you will have missed this in case you need motivation http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10789553 :lol:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    BeaconRuth wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    With regards to their 25 PBs, I've never done one yet....
    Ah, but you have ridden the Beacon Little Mountain TT, which carries with it far far more kudos than any mere 25..........

Ruth

And alot more painful as far as I can remember :lol:

NapD, fancy eating everything on offer, should have shown discretion and only eaten 95% :lol: Fancy telling me to have booze on Twitter as well, I don't touch the stuff ........much :wink:

Weekend of hard riding and no food will sort you out no doubt, then someone can put a nice load of food at the finish line, surely you'll do a PB then.
  • Anonymous
    Steve, How did you get on today?

I went on a club run today.

When we set off I felt terrible again, legs were really sluggish and at the first (incredibly minor) incline I thought I was in for a very bad day indeed.

However, as the ride went on my legs got better and better and after the cafe stop I felt great! Until the cramp started... Then I had to ease a little. Got over that though and finished strong.

I would guess the ride to have been about 50-60 miles with about 3.5k - 4k ft of climbing. (Forgot to charge the Garmin!)

Much happier now.

Also, several visits to the toilet have revealed that a lot of the weight I put on in Greece was still 'in transit'... So the weight gain wasn't as bad as first thought.
  • Anonymous
    NapoleonD wrote:

I went on a club run today.

When we set off I felt terrible again, legs were really sluggish and at the first (incredibly minor) incline I thought I was in for a very bad day indeed.

However, as the ride went on my legs got better and better and after the cafe stop I felt great! Until the cramp started... Then I had to ease a little. Got over that though and finished strong.

I would guess the ride to have been about 50-60 miles with about 3.5k - 4k ft of climbing. (Forgot to charge the Garmin!)

Much happier now.

Also, several visits to the toilet have revealed that a lot of the weight I put on in Greece was still 'in transit'... So the weight gain wasn't as bad as first thought.

Information overload :D
  • a_n_t
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Also, several visits to the toilet have revealed that a lot of the weight I put on in Greece was still 'in transit'...

Hope you went down the "Something to declare" aisle!
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    100m Yeah right.
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    NapoleonD wrote:

It was a tough day, but still managed to get a PB by 6 secs, so I have now got my sub 20:30 ten time. It was probably the last one of the year, unless I see one I like after the 12 hour.

Glad to see you putting in the miles :wink:
  • Anonymous
    Nicely done mate!!
  • Anonymous
    Wow.

After my one day detox and return to proper eating I have had more than several, ahem, 'visits'.

My belly has gone right down (it was massive, rock hard and I could barely lean forward, and yes I do mean my belly!) and I weighed myself. I'm back within 1kg of my pre holiday weight.

I feel MILES better!!

Can't believe most of that weight was just clogged up in there!

Anyhoo, anyone want more detailed information? :o
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Anyhoo, anyone want more detailed information? :o

Errrm... NO! :shock: :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Percy Vera
    Percy Vera Posts: 1,103
    what did your 1 day detox involve?
  • Anonymous
    Percy Vera wrote:
    what did your 1 day detox involve?

loads of veg and about 4 litres of water.
  • BeaconRuth
    You crack me up, NapD! Who else would share with the whole world what's going on with their bowel movements?!

However, it does remind me of something from years ago when I was a student, and also an interesting fact I heard recently that for some westerners living on an average kind of unhealthy diet, it can take 2 weeks for food to pass through their bodies....... :shock: :shock: :shock:

The story from my student days is that a friend of mine, who was very fit and healthy and ate an extremely healthy diet including loads of fruit, veg and fibre, volunteered for some experiment in the medical school in which she had to swallow a tracer tablet late one evening, and then go back the next day for its passage through her system to be monitored. When she went back the following morning they could find no trace of it because she had already passed it that morning............... :shock: Compare that with the person eating a poor diet for whom the tracer would still be in their bowel 2 weeks later........ :shock: :shock: . Eat your fruit and veg, people!

Ruth