Coaching - Now I have no excuse!

18910111214»

Comments

• Chiggy
    Chiggy Posts: 261
    Been back thru my records and found my last full 60 minute session.

March this year. 215 W. Mediocre.

I usually do 20 minute sessions, cus time is money. Its been creeping up all year to 325 last Thursday.

No idea what 'normalised' power is. If I feel good, I will ask for 5 more Watts than my PB and the machine holds that absorption.

I'll give the machine some slag and call it 3% wrong, so its prob more like 315 for 20 minutes.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Chiggy, please start your own thread for musings about your training.
  • jonmack
    jonmack Posts: 522
    Okay I don't really wanna take this off topic (this is about Naps riding progress, not an open thread for you to ask questions in), but after reading this
    Chiggy wrote:
    Is this normal for a fat old F**ker like me? 170 HR is supposed to be 100% but there's not much pain in the legs. I've had the HR to 179 for a 1 minute sprint at 430 W.

I'd say it's about time to re-test your max HR.

Back on topic we go...
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Won't be able to do the first race series I was targetting either but at least that's due to a good thing!

?? Meaning?

Ruth
  • Anonymous
    Baby!
  • Anonymous
    edited December 2010
    I don't mind people asking questions as long as they are relevant and not waffle.

FWIW the HR in my last 1 minute max power test was 10 bpm below my tested max.
  • BeaconRuth
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Baby!
    Another one? You haven't worked out what's causing it yet then?

Ruth
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Being pregnant is going to ruin your training.
  • Anonymous
    BeaconRuth wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Baby!

Ruth

I think it's something to do with my wife being drunk. There's a definite correlation.
  • Anonymous
    inseine wrote:

Carrying a hefty weight round the middle hasn't stopped me before!
  • BeaconRuth
    NapoleonD wrote:
    BeaconRuth wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Baby!
    I think it's something to do with my wife being drunk. There's a definite correlation.
    :wink: Congratulations NapD - I think I must have missed that news somewhere along the line - or forgotten it. Ooops. :oops: When is the baby due? Will that make 3 little 'uns?

Ruth
  • Anonymous
    BeaconRuth wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    BeaconRuth wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Baby!
    :wink: Congratulations NapD - I think I must have missed that news somewhere along the line - or forgotten it. Ooops. :oops: When is the baby due? Will that make 3 little 'uns?

Ruth

Cheers! C-Section booked Feb 28th. Yep, 3 of the buggers! Can't wait! :o

2 Girls already, not bothered in the least what we have next [cliche] as long as it's healthy [/cliche]
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    NapoleonD wrote:
    inseine wrote:

Carrying a hefty weight round the middle hasn't stopped me before!

Even before the weight goes on, it seems from our n=1 study that in the first trimester you're down about 10-15% on both 5 minute and 60minute powers, seems to be less down in the second though, but then there's more weight of course.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • Anonymous
    Wow, been a while since I've updated this thread!

Baby Kathryn was born Feb 28th, 6lb 13oz. She's beautiful but is really struggling with reflux so sleep is at a real premium...

Bad news though :( Due to current financial issues I had to knock the coaching on the head a couple of weeks ago.

However, I've learnt a fair bit about how my body responds and I have a good library of workouts to work from so all is not quite lost...

I did my first circuit race of the year 3 weeks ago and set my highest ever 1hr power and finished at the front of the bunch.

Last week was the first club 10 of the season, did a 23.45 which was only 24 seconds off my PB (23.21) from my peak last year.

This week however I did a 22.49. Chuffed to bits. :o

The new position Ada gave me is much more like my road bike at the rear but more aero at the front. Power is way down at the moment on the TT bike compared to the road but, well, the proof is in the time not the power output. The power deficit is due to the tight hip angle. I can't do in a 10 on my TT bike what I did in the 1hr 10 mins of the last circuit race on the road bike!

Last year I made the mistake of raising the saddle, opening up my hip angle which increased power a fair bit (the PB last year was 30w higher!) but it meant I was rubbish when I went back to the road bike. I also got pains in my right knee.
    I'm determined to keep in this current position as I have no niggles whatsoever, it's very aero and the power will come.

I had hoped to do a 22.30 this year. I'm now aiming for sub 22 :)
  • ut_och_cykla
    ut_och_cykla Posts: 1,594
    Well done & good luck with the baby & biking!
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Good stuff Nap and congrats on the new addition
  • Anonymous
    Beacon LMTT today, 41.5 hilly miles...

Felt fantastic and I was FLYING compared to even a few months ago.

FTP was set at 285w from a race 3-4 weeks ago, yet today was 2hrs 16mins at 266! Very pleased :)

Would have been about 10 mins faster but for a crash a couple of miles from the end that caused quite a mess to me and meant I had to finish the brutal uphill drag stuck in the big ring with the back brake rubbing...