My Cannondale Team Flash Carbon Ultimate *NOV* Page 13

12345679»

Comments

• Xgreygoose wrote:
    norush wrote:
    Hi Xgreygoose,

What a marvellous bike!!.

After reading your posts, I am planning to replace my 2006 Rush by a 2011 Ultimate Flash; well also from Flying Ball.

I would like to seek your advice on wheel selection. I am also 6 ft tall and about 200 lbs. I wonder if the DT Swiss XCR 1.2 can support me because according to the spec., the max. rider weigh is 90KG. I tend to "downgrade" to Mavic Crossmax SLR for my Flash to avoid similar situation.

Any other suggestion?

BTW, how can you get 20% off? It is a real bargain. I can only get 10%.

Thanks.
    Hey norush,

The wheelset, DT Swiss XCR 1.2 are awesome. You will have absolute no problem with your weight. I've seen a big guy using them. I'm pretty sure he was 220lbs+. Of course if plan to go technical like Tai Mo Shan then no no.
    They are a tough wheelset for XC riding and are very stiff considering how light they are. I do love them. I have 2 sets, one of them are on my Scalpel at the moment, also I'm a big fan of DT swiss 190 hubs.

2011 DT Swiss XCR 1.2 wheelset have UD carbon rims this year on the Flash. For sure it will be a bit stiffer and better looking to :)

IMHO SLR's are over rated. Had a pair on my old Scalpel and I found them to be on the softer side plus parts are nightmare to get.
    AndyD2574 wrote:
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    Got my Flash featured on the lightbike-magazine.es

Have a look here

Absolute dream!
    Cheers mate. How is your Flash doing? Any more big crashes? :)

tri-sexual wrote:
    AndyD2574 wrote:
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    Got my Flash featured on the lightbike-magazine.es

Have a look here

Absolute dream!

+1

when's the jekyll due? cant wait to see it
    BTW how much are the eclipse inner tubes you use, cant find price for them
    Hey tri-sexual. How's it going? Long time no here?
    Still waiting for the Jekyll :cry: I guess Santa's not coming until late Jan. I have most of my parts that I need so I am just waiting for the bike. I watch this video just to torture myself :)

My friend Robert has them at r2-bike.de 58 euro here

hi mate, yeah i'm still here
    wow those inner tubes are awesome, bloody expensive
    have you ever worked out how much your bikes have cost to pimp?
    i'll promise never to tell your misses the true cost :)lol
    was going to hong kong this christmas but change of plans, may vist sometime next year, usually based around yuen long, when i,m around we should meet and share some dim sum
  • Hi Xgreygoose,

Thanks for your valuable advice. I have confidence in the wheel set now.
  • I've picked up some new brakes, all the way from Italy. Formula R1.
    Its the same as my last pair but in chrome and a bit lighter (very "bling bling") with Kevlar weave hose cables. :)
    Will mount them at the weekend.

BTW "Happy New Year" everyone :D

DSC01991.jpg
    DSC01992.jpgDSC01994.jpgDSC01996.jpg
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
    Cannondale Flash Ultimate 2010
    Cannondale Scalpel Factory Team 2010
    Cannondale Scalpel Factory Team 2009
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    pity they dont come in this colour, awsome hoses though. thought of buying a set of puro hoses for my ones
    http://store.formula-brake.com/items/br ... -the-one-2
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • pastey_boy wrote:
    pity they dont come in this colour, awsome hoses though. thought of buying a set of puro hoses for my ones
    http://store.formula-brake.com/items/br ... -the-one-2

Seen those.
    Did plan to get these without the red hose but had to wait 6-8months :shock:
    Maybe they plan to sell them during next Xmas :lol:

r2.jpg
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • chick0
    chick0 Posts: 338
    John, are the Kevlar weave hoses genuine Formula parts ? Do you know where i might be able to find them to buy?

I was about to order some Formula braided brake hoses for my Red R1's, as mine came with black rubber hoses.

Love the unfinished / chrome R1's by the way, i think i saw that finish first on the 2010 Scott Genius Limited .

Charlie..
  • chick0 wrote:
    John, are the Kevlar weave hoses genuine Formula parts ? Do you know where i might be able to find them to buy?

I was about to order some Formula braided brake hoses for my Red R1's, as mine came with black rubber hoses.

Love the unfinished / chrome R1's by the way, i think i saw that finish first on the 2010 Scott Genius Limited .

Charlie..

Hey mate,

Yes, I got them directly from the Italy factory. I got them from a friend there. The only way to get colour R1's or flea Bay of course.
    I know you can buy Kevlar hoses from here but not to sure if you can use them for R1's.
    Will ask for you and get back to you.
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • chick0
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    chick0 wrote:

Charlie..

Hey mate,

Yes, I got them directly from the Italy factory. I got them from a friend there. The only way to get colour R1's or flea Bay of course.
    I know you can buy Kevlar hoses from here but not to sure if you can use them for R1's.

I got my Red R1's and Rotors on the Italian ebay, from kw570 ..

A quick google search turned up a few places in the US with the Kevlar hoses, all identical to the ones in your link, and as you have hinted, they all seem to be with the fitments for the Oro's.

1 more question, are the Kevlar hoses you have smooth with clear coat finish on them, or are they a bit rough to the touch like braided hoses ? I ask cause you in you pics they look rough, but the website pics i have seen they look smooth. Its not important, just wondering ;)

Formula%20R1%20Front.JPG

Formula%20180mm%20floating%20disc%20rotor%20with%20Ti%20Bolts.JPG
    Formula%20R1%20Front%20%20180mm%20hardwear.JPG
  • chick0 wrote:
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    chick0 wrote:

Charlie..

Hey mate,

A quick google search turned up a few places in the US with the Kevlar hoses, all identical to the ones in your link, and as you have hinted, they all seem to be with the fitments for the Oro's.

1 more question, are the Kevlar hoses you have smooth with clear coat finish on them, or are they a bit rough to the touch like braided hoses ? I ask cause you in you pics they look rough, but the website pics i have seen they look smooth. Its not important, just wondering ;)

It has a smooth clear coat finish with some white "Formula" printed on it.
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • chick0
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    chick0 wrote:
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    chick0 wrote:

Charlie..

Hey mate,

Thanks John..

Any news on when your Jekyll will arrive ? I have seen that a few Ultimate's have arrived in US .

Are you putting these new R1's on the Jekyll, or are going to put more beefy brakes like The Ones on it ?

I'm eager to hear what "real owners" think of this new Fox pull shock.
  • chick0 wrote:
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    chick0 wrote:
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    chick0 wrote:

Charlie..

Hey mate,

Thanks John..

Any news on when your Jekyll will arrive ? I have seen that a few Ultimate's have arrived in US .

Are you putting these new R1's on the Jekyll, or are going to put more beefy brakes like The Ones on it ?

I eager to hear what real owners think of this new Fox pull shock.

March is what I've been told :x I should have ordered the Ultimate only because I would have got it now!
    Just like my Flash Ultimate same time last year I received it in Jan then the other models came out in March/April.
    I guess the only reason I didn't order the Ultimate is the colour and the wheelset. Not a big fan of Crank brothers.

Yep, plan to use Formula "The One" brakes with 180mm floating 2pcs black colored Formula rotors and I have another wicked wheelset to put on the Jekyll. I have ALL my parts ready and waiting. I can't wait. :)
    I may start a new tread soon with all the new part for the Jekyll. :)

BTW love your red R1's. Is it new?
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • chick0
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    chick0 wrote:
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    chick0 wrote:
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    chick0 wrote:

Charlie..

Hey mate,

Thanks John..

March is what I've been told :x I should have ordered the Ultimate only because I would have got it now!
    Just like my Flash Ultimate same time last year I received it in Jan then the other models came out in March/April.
    I guess the only reason I didn't order the Ultimate is the colour and the wheelset. Not a big fan of Crank brothers.

Yep, plan to use Formula "The One" brakes with 180mm floating 2pcs black colored Formula rotors and I have another wicked wheelset to put on the Jekyll. I have ALL my parts ready and waiting. I can't wait. :)

I'm with you on the Crank Bro's thing. There products always look impressive, but the few things i have bought have always had very short life spans.

I think you did the right thing going for the Jekyll 1, as the colour scheme on Ultimate is rather flat and plane.

Get starting a new thread now dude, i wana see what bling your going to be dripping your Jekyll in :)
  • chick0 wrote:
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    chick0 wrote:
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    chick0 wrote:
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    chick0 wrote:

Charlie..

Hey mate,

Thanks John..

I'm with you on the Crank Bro's thing. There products always look impressive, but the few things i have bought have always had very short life spans.

I think you did the right thing going for the Jekyll 1, as the colour scheme on Ultimate is rather flat and plane.

Get starting a new thread now dude, i wana see what bling your going to be dripping your Jekyll in :)

BLING.gif:lol:

Will do!
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • Xgreygoose wrote:
    chick0 wrote:
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    chick0 wrote:
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    chick0 wrote:
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    chick0 wrote:

Charlie..

Hey mate,

Thanks John..

BLING.gif:lol:

Will do!

Started :)
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • DSC02266.jpg
    DSC02268.jpg
    DSC02277.jpg